end

missing

'gonna be home at four!'

 

it reads, making taekwoon smile. it's already five minutes left until four pm, after hours waiting for the time to come. sanghyuk had been gone for days already, and he decided that he should spend some time with his boyfriend. they hadn’t been spending time together and taekwoon was a bit worried but tried hard to not think about it too much. he did all the chores and he’s already dressed in clothes perfect for summer- the loose black tank and white pants, and the beanie he never forgot to wear. he believed hyuk was also dressed in the same style as him, with t-shirt beneath his basketball shirt. sanghyuk left to go to work, of course, but being the son of the owner- he could wear whatever he wanted when he's going home. taekwoon was excited, the face expression he had was showing it all, especially after he heard a car engine being turned off in front of their house.

 

'taekwoon?' he could hear sanghyuk's steps after the unlocking sounds, and he saw his boyfriend wearing exactly like what he was expecting and a luggage being grabbed by his left arm.  'you made me worry!'

taekwoon then smiled at sanghyuk, who was practically throwing his shoes away that had taekwoon panicking because it wasn't a part of his plan- they’re going to leave in an instant!- but he let sanghyuk jump on the sofa to be beside him, and also let him peck his cheek.

'sorry for not replying, but i think you should put on your shoes again.' he did that on purpose, honestly, because he wanted to surprise him even more but he felt bad because of how worried sanghyuk looked when he entered the house. but how he seemed okay so he guessed that it was no big deal, after all.

sanghyuk's snuggling on him again, and he could feel like he wanted to be in that position forever. forever only lasted five minutes and he was glad sanghyuk got up to face him, 'huh, where are we going?'

'let's just go.' taekwoon got up from the seat then, taking sanghyuk's hand so he could do the same thing, picking up his shoes and put it in front of sanghyuk’s feet for him to wear.

 

sanghyuk had thought that taekwoon's probably going to take them to the gym, because he hadn’t been working out lately and although he knew taekwoon wasn't into him because of his body, he couldn’t help but to think like it'll be such a turnoff for him. but instead, they’re in the barbeque restaurant near their house.

'really, baby? here?' but taekwoon didn't hear him, only grabbed his hand more tight than before it kind of hurt sanghyuk- while entering the restaurant.

'i just.... want to spend some time.' taekwoon pouted, replying after they’re seated in the table, either because of the food was going to take ten minutes more to come or because he was acting sad.

taekwoon wasn’t a cheesy man, and he never really told sanghyuk when he missed him, the times he thought about him and such, but that time taekwoon thought that he needed to tell. 'i've been composing songs, and i don't have you around me.'

 

'that’s so... awfully sweet' sanghyuk grinned, 'did you write about me?'

'idiot,' taekwoon wanted to knock sanghyuk's head a little bit harder but it turned out to be so soft and sanghyuk laughed at him. 'of course i don’t, the songs are sad songs mostly about breakups'

'then why do you need your love?'

oh well, taekwoon should’ve known better that the discussion would be a very long one. they’re not the type to talk and discuss about things that much, never really talk about small problems because they already understood each other, but when they do, it felt like it’s too dangerous and words need to be carefully spoken even though they knew nothing would really happen to their relationship.

 

'i- it’s just, i'm writing songs about how people will have distance with each other, and they’ll end up breaking up, and i don’t want us to be like that so it’s like i need to see you to make myself better.' he felt lonely for a second until sanghyuk was having his arms around his boyfriend to hug him for a while.

it was all true. sanghyuk had only left for a week but it was like it had been ages since the last time he had seen him. taekwoon writes lyrics, and sometimes he was so amazed at his own songs but never cried on them before. but when sanghyuk wasn't with him, he felt like he had to do nothing more than cry over them. was he lonely? he called his friends a lot of times, even made jaehwan stay a night with him in the studio but he still felt so empty.

 

but taekwoon didn’t really want to talk about sad things at the moment, so he tried to change the topic a bit. 'also, we haven’t been eating like this in ages.'

'well, because you always prefer cooking yourself, duh' which made him receive a hit from the older, 'and of course i love your foods!'

when the food came, taekwoon felt like seeing stars because he had skipped lunch and sanghyuk noticed that, having something to worry about once again. but that could be talked about later on.

 

sanghyuk stared at his boyfriend for a while then, the happiness he felt when he knew that he got so much time to spend with him after tiring days of work and only a few calls exhanged. he was actually so tired but he loved it that when he was with taekwoon, it was like he had forgotten all the things he was feeling but happiness.

 

 

he knew that it’s normal to think about possibilities such as breaking ups, but he didn’t want taekwoon to think about it too far.

'you shouldn't be worrying like that- i mean, i know we sometimes have problems, but there’s always a way to solve them, and we can always make ourselves better with each other as long as there's trust. i never really go anywhere without having you in my mind. and our marriage is coming up, remember? it'll be funny if we stop trusting each other and untie this relationship.'

taekwoon stopped eating. he was only reminded of sanghyuk and not that he was afraid of their relationship to end, no, sanghyuk and him had been dating for almost ten years it wasn't even funny anymore, he dated sanghyuk since he was fifteen and he's seventeen, until sanghyuk's twenty five and had earned loads of money. he knew sanghyuk, sanghyuk knew him, and it’ll be a joke of the year if they break up because of something, anything- as if they hadn’t been through any problems before. taekwoon remembered about this girl chasing over him, his parents almost didn’t approve his and sanghyuk's relationship for years till they realise taekwoon loved him more than anything else, sanghyuk living overseas for a year, having sanghyuk’s friend that dislike taekwoon, and all the hardships that had happened before and they’re still fine with each other. Yes, he’s right, as long as there’s trust, and love between them.

 

‘thank you,’ he said softly, his hand went through sanghyuk's strands as the younger ate the barbeque from the fryer.

 

'don’t try to kiss me here; we have a lot of time at home'

 

and that made taekwoon roll his eyes 'who the hell wanted to do so?'

 

he liked sanghyuk when he knew when to joke around and when to be serious. he loved sanghyuk's everything already, and maybe it wasn't because of the songs, it was because he just missed him so much. maybe he should spare his time for his boyfriend more- like joining his trips like he always wanted. he then leaned his head on sanghyuk's shoulder just to hear him scold for not eating properly but he loved this, he thought as he clutched sanghyuk's left arm, he loved feeling loved by sanghyuk.

 

 

'wanna go watch movies after this?' he offered while grinning, ‘hongbin hyung told me about this movie, inside out’

taekwoon then laughed at how sanghyuk seemed to be so excited about the movie, after his words that sounded like he was mature already. but taekwoon didn’t mind. ‘as long as i’m with you.’

‘why do you seem so odd now?’ sanghyuk raised his eyebrows, ‘did jaehwan hyung teach you ‘how to be a cheeseball and make sanghyuk blush’?’

and sanghyuk got hit again. well, at least he expected this one.

 

 

 

 

-----