Please safe me

Nightmares

I looked around myself, trying to spot that one familiar face from the mass of people. There were so many different faces. What if I didn't remember his features as clearly anymore? Bull. I know I would never forget. It would be the last thing  I'd ever forget. 

 
Finally. My eyes landed on the familiar mess of dark hair and I ran. I didn't care about the judging looks people shot at me. They didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered except him. 
 
He noticed me. He smiled. And he wrapped his arms tightly around me when I crashed into him, not caring about the fact that I just jumped right into his arms. I let him lift me up and I even wrapped my legs around his waist, almost too tightly like I was scared of falling. But I wasn't. He was there, with me. And it was all okay now. 
 
" Hey baby." 
I heard the quiet chuckle that left my lips from hearing the nickname once again. 
I felt him bite my lower lip, teasingly pulling it gently and I could help but smile down at him.
 
Then it hit me like an earthquake. The feelings. All of them at once. How much I've missed him, how lonely I felt just a while ago and how much I loved him. I wanted to hit him, kiss him, make love to me and hold me close. I just wanted him. 
I wasn't afraid anymore. Now we could finally be 'us', as a pair, as lovers, bestfriends, soulmates. I felt hot tears start falling down my cheeks but I didn't feel embarrassed. 
He wiped them off carefully with his other hand, still tightly holding me against him with the other. 
 
" I can't do this anymore." 
 
At first I didn't realize he had said something. Then the small silence came over us and I lifted my head from his shoulder, staring into those dark eyes I loved so deeply. But I only saw coldness in them. And I didn't understand it. I frowned and looked at him, waiting for that smile to appear once more. But it didn't. 
 
I felt myself being placed back on my feet on the ground. It suddenly felt so cold without those arms around me. 
 
I was frozen there, only watching with blind eyes as he turned around and started walking away, into the mass of faces I didn't recognize. 
 
I felt myself falling on my knees, yelling his name, pleading for him to turn around, cursing him to stop joking around and even when I felt my throat getting sore I didn't stop screaming. 
 
This wasn't going to happen. Not again. I felt the tears falling down once again but there were no warm hands wiping them off this time. That dark hair had disappeared into the mass of people a long time ago but I could get myself to stop screaming, stop crying or stop shaking. I felt like the darkness was going to swallow me once again and I was scared. More than before. 
 
I closed my eyes, ready to get pulled into the coldness and darkness I had just managed to escape. Then I heard something. A voice. I couldn't recognize it. But somehow it felt like the air was getting warmer. Like the darkness was slowly moving away. I started screaming again, asking for the voice to safe me. 
 
" Baby? " This time I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around my waist and the darkness disappeared. 
 
I opened my eyes. 
 
I finally stopped screaming once the light from the small lamp hit my eyes. The arms were still there and I could feel a voice whisper sweet nothings to my ear with a deep voice. Voice that I could recognise from anywhere. 
And I relaxed, gently turning around to see the messy brown hair and a pair of warm, dark eyes that looked right back at me. 
 
I was pulled closer into the warm embrase and I let myself break down. He didn't care. He just pulled me right against his chest, running his fingers through my hair in a calming way and it told me that it was okay. Everything was okay. It was okay for me to break down and he was there for me when it happened. 
He didn't ask me about the dream. He knew already. He wasn't mad that it wasn't the only night I woke up screaming. He understood. 
 
" I love you so much, baby." 
" ... I love you too, gege."