Chapter 7

Oh! Brother

 

LAY POV

 

"I'm still scratchy in some parts-" I stopped when I saw that Minji had fell asleep on my shoulder. I smiled and brushed her bangs out of her face.

 

"So much for listening." I said and placed my guitar down. I gently placed her head in my hand and very slowly got on my knees. "Come on." I whispered as I laid her head on the ground.

 

I placed my arms under her legs and back and very swiftly lifted her. "Huh? You're not as heavy as I thought." I said out loud as I went to lay her on her bed.

 

"We're home!" I heard Mr. Lee shout from down stairs. I quickly pulled the blankets over Minji and ran down stairs.

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

 

I woke up by an alarm. "Ugh." I groaned and turned around knowing it was Monday and I had to go to school. "Minji you don't want to be late!" I heard my dad yell. 

 

I sighed giving up and pulled the covers off. "I'm up!" I yelled and stretched, I looked around and noticed Lay was already gone. "Typical." I said to myself and went to wash up.

 

"Here you go I packed you your lunch." Qui said handing me a bag. I gave her a weird look, "uh sorry Qui, but I buy my lunch." I said rejecting her offer and grabbed a muffin. "I'm going." I said before walking out.

 

"Minji there you are." Hani met me at the school gates. "What's up?" I asked throwing away my trash. "Have you heard?" she asked.

 

"Heard what?" I said walking to the school doors. "Mrs. Kim is having a surprise test today." she replied. "What?" I was frozen. Mrs. Kim is known for having the worst tests ever and what's worse is she consist for half your grade.

 

"But I never even studied!" I started to freak out. "No on has, it's a surprise test." Hani said, "everyone is freaking out." "Hani I can't get another bad grade, I'm already grounded." I said freaking out.

 

"What are you going to do?" she asked. I shook my head, "I need to go to the library." I replied and ran off. "Okay I have her after lunch, if I keep studying maybe I'll be okay." I said to myself as I ran to the library.

 

"Who am I kidding I'm screwed." I said as I reached the library. It was packed, "oh no." I cried. Everywhere I looked I saw people snatching books around. I pulled my hair in frustration, "I'm so dead."

 

"You too." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Lay holding up a book. "Do you know about the test?" I asked him. Lay thought, "yeah, and I happen to know what's on the test." he said.

 

"Really?!" I grabbed his shoulders, "oh thank you!" I started to shake him. "Who said I was going to tell you?" he asked.

 

I stopped and looked at him, "you're kidding right?" He pulled my arms away, "no, that's called cheating and cheating is wrong."

 

"Lay! I need to know or I'm dead!" I yelled grabbing his shoulders. "Then you should have studied." he smirked. I clenched my fist, "ugh I hate you!" I yelled and stormed out.

 

~~~~

 

Hani came to lunch looking like a zombie. "Guess you just took the test." I told her. She slowly nodded, "Minji, I don't even think that test is legal." she said.

 

I plopped down, "and you're smarter than me, theres no way I'll ever pass." Hani shook her head, "I'm sorry." she patted my back. "Say your goodbyes because today I'm dying." I said.

 

"You're so dramatic." I heard someone say. I looked up and saw Lay holding a tray of food. "Omo Lay!" Hani quickly fixed her hair, "w-we didn't see you."

 

I sighed and turned away, "I'm so dead." Lay sighed and sat next to me, "look if you get caught I'm going to tell your dad you snuck out on Saturday." he said.

 

I looked up, "you're going to give me the answers?!" Lay looked around and slipped me a paper, "I took the test first period, they should be the same." he said handing it to me.

 

"Omo thank you so much." I said grabbing it. "Remember what I said." Lay whispered before he left.

 

Hani gave me a weird look as soon as he left, "what was that about?" I shook my head and happily took a sip of my juice, "nothing."

 

~~~~

 

'One is C, two is B and three is C.' I thought as I snuck the paper under my desk. I looked up and saw Mrs. Lee reading a book. 'Okay you got this Minji, remember you're a Ninja.'

 

'And thirty five is A, pfft I'm almost done.' I thought as I brought the paper down and bubbled in the answer. "Minji!" I heard Mrs. Kim say.

 

I jumped, "y-yes?" "What are you looking at?" she asked crossing her arms. "N-nothing." I lied and tried to hide the note. Mrs. Kim got up and walked toward me, 'crap crap crap.'

 

"Minji are you cheating?" she asked. I shook my head, "of course not!"  Suddenly all eyes were on me and I could feel the pressure.

 

"Minji." Mrs. Kim crossed her arms. I looked away, "fine!" I gave in. "Hand it over." she held out her arm. I slowly gave her the note.

 

"Principles office," she pointed at the door, "now!" I got up keeping my head down and quickly left the room. I had tears in my eyes, 'I could get expelled for cheating.' I thought getting more scared.

 

I wasn't looking and ran into someone. "Sorry." I bowed my head. "Minji?" they asked. I looked up and saw Tao. "Tao?" I was surprised.

 

"Are you okay? You look like you're crying." he brought his hand to my face. I quickly pulled away, "I'm fine." "It looks you're heading to the principles office." he said.

 

I looked at him, "how did you know?" He pointed behind him, "I just came from there." My eyes widen, "omo what did you do?" I asked.

 

He dug his hands in his pockets, "got caught skipping class." he replied. "Skipping?!" I was shocked. "And what is that Lay was with me, but since he has amazing grades they let him off." he said.

 

I was taken back, "really?" Tao nodded, "now I have five days of detention." he said. "Oh I'm sorry." I said. He shrugged his shoulders, "it's okay."

 

I bit my lip, "so are you going back to class?" Tao shook his head, "nah, I'm going to the arcade with the guys." he said. "You're skipping school?" I was shocked, I never knew Tao was such a...bad boy. For some reason I liked it.

 

"Yeah, well with the sunbaes', Kris, Suho and Luhan." he said. "Kris is going?" I asked. Tao nodded, "want to come?" he asked. 

 

"Uh..." I trailed on. "I knew you wouldn't want to, it's okay I'll see you around." he said walking away. "Wait!" I called for him. He turned around, "yeah?"

 

I looked at the principles off ice then back at Tao, "maybe one day wouldn't hurt." I said.

 

~~~~

 

"Wow Minji you're a natural." Tao said as I got the new high score. "I know." I said and killed the last round of zombies. "Oh watch out!" Tao yelled.

 

"Crap I'm out of ammo." I said. "They're coming!" Tao yelled. "No!" we both yelled as I died.

 

*NEW HIGH SCORE*

 

"Congrats." Tao said giving my a high five. I took it, "thank you." He laughed, "you hungry?" he asked. I nodded, "yeah." "Come on I'll order some fries." he said walking towards the food court.

 

"So where are the guys?" I asked looking around. "I guess they ditched me." he replied. "Oh I'm sorry." I said. "It's okay, at least you're here." he said smiling at me.

 

I blushed and looked away. 

 

"I had fun." I said as Tao held the door open for me. "Me too." he said. "I never skipped in my life, I feel like such a rebel." I said.

 

Tao laughed, "well I'm glad you had fun." I nodded, "the best." Tao and I started walking and there was an awkward silence. "So I heard you broke up with your girlfriend." I broke the ice.

 

Tao laughed, "you know too?" I nodded, "you okay?" Tao laughed, "you know you're the first person who asked me that." "Is that bad?" I asked.

 

Tao shook his head, "no, I like it." he sighed, "I guess I'm getting over it, neither one of us were happy so yeah..." he trailed on.

 

"I'm sorry." I said. Tao shook his head and smiled, "don't be," he looked at me, "I'm actually happy...well at least when I'm around you.

 

I blushed and looked down.

 

~~~~

 

"Thanks for dropping me off." I said as Tao waved goodbye. "No problem, see you tomorrow Minji." he said. I smiled and waved back, "bye."

 

I stepped in blushing and smiling like an idiot. "Nice to see you so happy." I heard someone say. I looked up and say my dad with his arms crossed.

 

"Appa." I said surprised. "I got a call from the principle," he said, "what's this about cheating on a test?" he asked. "Uh..." I opened my mouth, but nothing else came out.

 

"I can explain." I said. "You were cheating!" he yelled, "why on earth were you cheating?! Don't you study?" he yelled. I stepped back, "I tired but-"

 

"But what? And what's this about skipping school as well?" he asked stepping closer. "Appa it's not what you think." I said holding my hands up.

 

"Not what I think?! Then what was so important that you had to skip school?" He hollered. "Honey please calm down." Qui came and held onto his arm. "Calm down! My daughter was caught cheating and skipping." he threw his hands in the air.

 

"I'm sure she has a good reason for both." Qui said looking at me. "Well," my dad looked at me, "tell us." I bit my lip, "uhh...I...uh-"

 

"It's my fault." Lay came out of no where and got in front of me, "I gave her the answers and told her to leave school to get me pain medicine for my back, I hurt it again." he said.

 

"Yixing did you get hurt dancing again?" Qui stepped forward and grabbed his shoulders. "Dancing?" I was surprised. "How many times do I have to tell you, you can't be dancing." Qui told Lay

 

"Is this true Minji?" my dad asked. I looked at him and nodded, "y-yes." "Well in that case you're both grounded." he said. "Sorry sir." Lay bowed. My dad patted his shoulder, "you should go rest." he said before walking away.

 

"Come on honey I'll help you." Qui said taking him upstairs. I watched as Lay faked his pain all the way upstairs. I smiled, "thanks Fritos Lay."

 

~~~~

 

I saw Lay laying on his stomach, I smiled and jumped on his bed. "Thanks for saving me." I said, "I owe you." I took a bite of a popsicle.

 

"Where's my mom?" Lay asked. "She and my dad went out to get groceries why??" I asked finishing the popsicle and throwing the stick in the trash.

 

"Minji," Lay groaned as if he was in pain. "Lay?" I asked and got up to face him. My eyes widen, he was sweating and his whole face was red.

 

"Minji it hurts." he cried. "Omo what hurts?!" I started to panic. "M-my back," he replied, "it hurts." he said. "You weren't lying?" I asked. He shook his head, "I need to go to the doctor." he said.

 

"What?!" I got up shocked. "Please Minji," Lay twitched in pain, "it hurts." he closed his eyes. I looked around and pulled my hair in frustration. "What do I do?" I asked out loud.

 

"My mom keys are in the kitchen, you have to take me to the hospital, ow! And fast." Lay said. I nodded and quickly ran down stairs.

 

I came back holding the keys, "I got them, can you get up?" I asked. "I can try." Lay said getting up, "ow, no I can't." he said.

 

I panicked, "uh." I looked around. "Here," I got down, "get on my back." I said. "What?" Lay asked. "Just get on." I said. Lay groaned in pain, but managed to get on.

 

I pulled my back as I got up, but I didn't care. Right not Lay needs me.

 

"Okay," I said and slowly carried him down stairs, "don't worry Lay I got you."

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

»sorry I haven't updated. hope you enjoyed!! comment and subscribe^^