Chapter 34

Oh! Brother

Red = Chinese

 

MINJI POV

 

"Minji, you're okay?" Victoria ran to my side. I gave her a weird look, "yeah..." "I think Bones likes her." Qui smiled. I looked back at the horse, "does he not like people?" "I don't know, try it Yixing." Victoria pushed him toward his stable. Bones jumped and kicked the gate. "Ah! I think he still doesn't like people." Lay yelled and backed away scared.

 

I laughed at his reaction, good boy Bones. Mei went up to me. My smile quickly faded, oh no what is she going to do now? Mei suddenly smiled, "sorry for the way I've been treating you." she said. I looked at her confused, "what?" "She's apologizing." Victoria whispered. "Oh," I bowed, "thank you."

 

Just then Mei pulled me into a hug which surprised me. I thought this lady didn't even want me to breathe her air, now she's hugging me? Mei pulled away and pinched my cheek hard, "you're so cute." I smiled and nodded, "y-yes?"

 

Mei slapped my cheek softly and turned around, "let's get back to our poker game, you losers still can't beat me." Qui and my dad both smiled at me and followed behind her.

 

I turned to Lay and Victoria, "now that I'm done," I gave Lay the bucket full of poop, "what is there to do around this place?" Lay looked at the bucket with a disgusted face and set it down. Victoria nudged Lay and he nodded. I looked at them weird. "Let's go tubing!" they both yelled. 

 

 

 

"I'm getting too old for this." Mei's mom complained as we loaded the car with two large tubes. "Come on mom don't be so negative, you used to love this more than anything." Qui said. Mei said something under her breath and hopped in the front seat.

 

"I've never been tubing before." I told Lay. "You're going to love it." Victoria popped in and took Lay's hand, "right Yixing?" Lay slowly got out of her grip, "yeah." I watched as Lay smiled and got inside, Victoria quickly got in after him. I sighed and got in having to sit next to Qui, while Lay and Victoria sat together in the back.

 

I know Victoria is a nice person, but why must she come to a "family" outing? "Is everyone ready?" my dad asked. "Yes!" we all chimed. Mei reached over and turned the radio on and began to sing really loud. I laughed as Qui face palmed herself, "sorry about her behavior." she said.

 

I shook my head, "it's okay, she's just having fun." "Join me." Mei grabbed my dads arm and began swaying to the music. The rest of the trip I could hear Lay and Victoria talk to each other. Qui talking to my dad and her mom in Chinese. I've never felt so left out before.

 

"Right here right here right here!" Mei pointed to an entrance. "Okay okay." my dad said pulling in. I looked outside and saw a hill with people going down. I immediately got excited and ran out as soon as my dad parked. "Minji wait!" my dad called out.

 

I stopped and looked back, "what?" "Wait!" he yelled. I sighed and kicked the ground. Lay went to the back and opened the trunk. Victoria and Qui helped take the two tubes out while Mei was taking out some grocery bags. "Minji come here." my dad said. I looked back at the hill  and went to my dad in defeat.

 

I stood next to Lay as Qui, Mei and my dad stood in front of us. "Okay we'll be at the adult section drinking coffee and chat while you kids go have fun." Qui said. "We're not little kids mom." Lay sighed. "Yeah we'll be safe." Victoria smiled and took her tube, "lets go."

 

"Bye be careful Minji, don't fight with the kids." my dad reminded me. I rolled my eyes and followed behind Lay and Victoria, "I'll try."

 

We climbed the steep hill and were having trouble getting to the top. Mostly because we had huge tubes to carry and didn't have the proper shoes. "Ah Yixing!" Victoria yelled as she began to slip. Lay reached out and grabbed her arm, "you okay?" he asked bringing her up.

 

Just then my boot slipped and I began sliding down. "Ahh!" I yelled, but Lay quickly grabbed my wrist. "I got you." he said lifting me up. I pulled up on his arm causing him to start sliding. "Oh no!" Lay cried as he slipped completely while Victoria and I reached the top.

 

"Oops." I covered my mouth as I watched Lay go all the way down to the bottom. "Yixing, you're doing it wrong!" I heard Mei yell and Victoria laugh. I saw Lay bite his bottom lip and get back up. His breath was seen through the air. "H-hey Victoria how do you do this?" I asked pointing at the tube.

 

"Oh you just get on and go down, but it's a lot more fun with two-" I cut her off and quickly positioned the tube and got on. "Bye!" I waved and went forward not wanting to deal with an upset Lay. The wind blew against my face and was exciting. Just like riding a rollercoaster, but a lot more thrilling.

 

I passed Lay and yelled with my hands up. "Whoo go Minji!" my dad jumped and Qui hit his chest. "Yay go Minji!" Mei jumped and threw her arms around. I yelled as I reached the bottom and ran into a fence saying slow down. I laughed as I flipped and the tube landed on my head.

 

"You're suppose to slow down!" Victoria yelled, but I could barely hear her. "Okay!" I yelled giving her a thumbs up and grabbed the tube for another round. I started to climb back up when I saw Victoria get on her tube and Lay happily get on the back. "Go go go!" Victoria yelled with her hands up.

 

Lay pushed forward and they went down. I watch them pass me with Lay holding onto Victoria's waist. I bit my lip as jealousy filled my body. I shook my head and continued to climb up trying to not let them ruin my fun. "Mom I want to ride that." a little boy cried and pointed at my tube.

 

"No baby you can't ride other peoples tubes." his mom carried him and he began to cry. "Um," I tapped her shoulder, "is it okay if he rides with me?" I asked. The lady looked at me weird as the boy reached over to me. She smiled and nodded, "you want to take him?" I nodded, "yes?"

 

She smiled and placed the boy in the front and I climbed behind him. "Ready baby?" she asked. "Yes!" the kid cheered and raised his small arms. I laughed and grabbed onto him. The lady pushed us and we went down. "Whooo!" I yelled as the little kid jumped in excitement.

 

We reached the bottom and I stopped right before we hit the fence. "Again again again again!" the kid jumped up and down. I didn't need to know Chinese to know that he wanted to go again. "Okay." I held my hand out as he took it. And we both started climbing back uphill.

 

The rest of the day I actually had fun. I even forgot about Lay and Victoria being together. But by our 10th time I was getting exhausted. "Again!" the kid clapped. "But I'm tired." I complained. "Again!" he jumped and smiled. I couldn't resist his cute aegyo.

 

"Okay." I said and took his hand. We finally reached the top and the little kid helped me up. "Come on!" he jumped. I coughed as I set the tube down and he got on. I climbed in, "ready?" "Go!" he cheered and I pushed us forward. I was really beat and didn't even try to stop the tube this time.

 

Luckily someone stopped it for us before we hit the fence. I looked up and saw Lay. "There kid no more." he said. The kid pouted and crossed his arm, "why not?" "She's tired." Lay replied looking at me. The kid looked back and I waved, "h-hello." The kid stuck his tongue out and ran off.

 

"What the?" I was surprised. "Come on." Lay offered his hand. I took it and he helped me up. "Ow!" I cried as he lifted me. My arms were throbbing. "If you were tired why didn't you just stop?" he asked. I moved my arms in circles, "I don't know." Lay smiled and messed with my hair, "come on my grandma made smores."

 

I lit up, "really?!" I was starving. Lay nodded and grabbed the tube, "come on." We walked to the adults section were they had a fireplace and kids surrounded it with marshmallows on their sticks. "Minji where were you?" Victoria asked taking a bite of her smore.

 

"Sorry I didn't know I was babysitting a monster." I replied and reached for a smore, but Lay quickly grabbed it. "Haha!" he laughed. "Hey you pig!" Mei whacked him across the head, "let her have it you had five already!" she scolded. Lay rubbed the back of his head and handed it to me, "here."

 

I smiled and grabbed it, "thanks." I told Mei. She smiled and went to the fire with a stick filled of marshmallows on it. "Move aside you brats!" she said getting in between two kids. Their mothers looked at her and slowly took their kids away. I took a bite and melted, "mmm this is so good." I said.

 

"Did you have fun?" my dad asked. I pouted, "it would have been better if I didn't do all the work." "Then why did you go off?" Lay asked. I grew stiff, "b-because...I was too excited." I lied and continued eating. Victoria handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

 

"Thanks." I said taking a sip. "Who wants more?" Mei came holding a stick of melted marshmallows. "Ooo me!" I raised my hand. This time Mei smiled, "okay." and started making one for me. I watched in excitement as she finished and handed it to me. "Thanks." I bowed and took it. "Me too." Lay told her. "You have hands, you do it yourself you lazy ." Mei glared at him.

 

~~~~

 

Even though it was only 6 p.m the sun was already going down. "We should go." Qui said standing up. We all got up, "yeah lets go." my dad said. We deflated the tubes before putting them in the trunk. "Did you like tubing?" I asked Lay. Lay looked at me, "yeah. Except I wish we could at least have gone together once." he replied.

 

My heart began to race, "r-really?" He nodded and closed the trunk, "yeah, but oh well." I looked back at the hill then back to him, "you know if we run we can sneak a last one." I said. Lay looked over at Qui, "you want to?" he asked. "I-if you want to." I replied. Lay smiled and took my hand, "lets go." We ran off unseen.

 

"One sled please." Lay told the worker behind the equipment stand. "$10." he replied. "Here." Lay handed him the money in exchange for one sled. "Thanks." Lay said and grabbed my hand, "come on." he said as we ran to the top. Lay helped me up and I looked down. There was hardly any people, and the ones that were present were leaving. 

 

"Sit." Lay said putting the sled on the floor. "Yes." I sat down. Just then I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist. My heart began to race and I felt a cold chill run down my spine, and not from the weather. Lay rested his chin on my shoulder, "ready?" he asked. I dared not look at him and nodded, "y-yes."

 

Lay pushed forward and we went down. My stomach went up to my chest and I yelled. "Whoo!" I put my arms in the air. Lay yelled as well and held me tighter against him. I blushed and put my arms back down and held onto his arms. "Hurry stop!" I yelled reaching the end.

 

"What?" Lay asked. "Lay!" I yelled as we ran straight into the fence. "Ah!" I blocked my face as we flipped off together. We rolled over each other laughing.  When we finally stopped and I was right on top of him while he held onto my waist. "That was so much fun!" I laughed. Lay smiled, but quickly got serious.

 

He my hair and his hand brushed against my cheek. I grew hot and butterflies went wild inside my stomach. "Minji." Lay said. "Yes?" I asked. "I need to tell you something." he said. I bit my lip, "w-what?" Lay took a deep breath, "I-"

 

"There you are." we both looked up and saw Victoria. "Victoria!" I quickly got off of Lay. She stared at us in shock. Lay sat up and looked at her, "what?" he asked. She stared at me for a while and I grew nervous, did she see everything? "Victoria." Lay snapped her back to reality. 

 

"We're leaving." she said before walking away. I let my breath out and looked at Lay. He looked angry and grabbed the sled getting up, "come on lets go." "Wait," I got up, "what were you going to say?" I asked. Lay had his back at me, "never mine...forget it." he replied and began walking off.

 

I grabbed onto my racing heart and I sighed following behind him.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was very sick and it was just horrible, but I'm feeling a lot better now. Sorry if this update was short. And I feel bad for Victoria, I know she's going to get some hate in this fic. And she's my bias! *face palm*...sorry Vic umma. Please click here to up vote please. Sorry I keep asking *bows* Comment and subscribe~ Happy reading^^