Chapter 35

Oh! Brother

 

The ride back was silent, not even Mei was singing to the radio. The atmosphere between Lay, Victoria and I was awkward. I hope she doesn't get a wrong idea, Lay and I accidently fell on each other. Nothing else!

 

"So..." Qui trailed on, "did you guys have fun?" she asked in a hopeful smile. No one spoke up, Lay was staring out the window and Victoria was playing with her phone. "Yes." I answered for them, "thanks for taking me and sorry I kind of ran off at the end." "It's okay as long as you had fun." Qui smiled. I nodded and started out the window, this vacation just went down hill.

 

When we got home I decided to go straight to my, well Qui's, room. I took my phone out, I needed to know what was going on back at home.

 

"Hello?" Hani answered.

"Hey." I sighed.

"Is something wrong?" she asked concerned.

"No, what's going on over there?" I asked.

"Well we're all at the arcade trying to keep warm." she replied.

"I wish I was there." I laid on my stomach.

"What's wrong? Do they hate you?" Hani asked referring to Lay's family. 

"Well at first his grandma tried to bathe me in holy water." I replied.

"What?" 

"It's a long story anyway how are the guys?" I asked.

"Fine, they're starting to wonder where Lay is." Hani replied. 

"D-did you tell them?" I asked getting nervous.

"No. I've been acting totally clueless as well." she replied.

I sighed in relief, "good."

 

"Minji dinner!" I heard Qui yell. I sat up, "hey I have to go." "Okay well talk to you later." Hani said before hanging up. I had to admit, I miss the guys terribly. Especially Chanyeol, I miss his goofy grin. And of course Tao, I'm surprised he hasn't called or try to track me down.

 

When I stepped into the dining room I noticed Victoria wasn't there. "Where's Victoria?" I asked taking a seat. "She couldn't stay." my dad replied. "Oh," I felt a little bad. For all I know she might still think Lay is her boyfriend when he clearly isn't. "Yixing I want you to take me to the store tomorrow." Mei said.

 

"I don't want to." Lay replied. I looked at him, he still looked upset. For what? I have no idea. I can never understand his odd mood swings. He reminded me of  a pregnant women sometimes. "What?!" Mei shouted, "you're going with me and respect your elders." she threw a napkin at him.

 

Lay put the napkin down and poked at his food, "fine whatever makes you shut up." "YIXING!" Qui snapped, "go to your room now!" Lay stood up and pushed his chair back making it hit the wall. I jumped from the shock. "Sorry mom he forgot his manners." Qui rubbed her side. "I'll take you to the store.Mei shook her head, "kids these days are so disrespectful." I bit my lip and looked at Lay's seat, what's wrong? 

 

"Thanks Mei I liked it." I said placing my plate in the sink. She smiled and took it to wash. I turned back to my dad and Mei, "I'm tired so I'll be in my room." My dad nodded, "okay goodnight." "Night." I bowed and started going upstairs. I passed Lay's door, which was closed, and froze.

 

Should I talk to him? I turned to face his door and held my hand up. Maybe I shouldn't. I brought my hand down and turned away when the door open. "Lay." I turned to him. He looked up, "oh hey." he said closing the door behind him. "Y-you okay?" I asked. Lay nodded, "I'm fine. Excuse me." he said before walking to the bathroom. I sighed, "just talk to me." I turned and headed to my room.

 

~~~~

 

The next morning I was woken by a knock on my door. I peeked my eye open, "yeah?" "Can I come in? It's me Victoria." I shot up, what's she doing here? "Y-yeah come in." I replied. Victoria opened the door and smiled, "morning." "Hey." I waved. She closed the door, "you busy today?" she asked.

 

I shook my head, "no why?" Victoria sat on the edge of the bed, "I need your help." "What?" "I still haven't went Christmas shopping and I need your advice on gifts." she replied. My eyes shot open, "you want me to help you?" Victoria nodded, "please."

 

I nodded, "sure I'd love to." This was my chance to apologize to her. "Great!" she got up, "we can go to the mall." I froze, "m-mall? We're going to the mall?" Victoria nodded, "yeah where else would we go?" I quickly jumped off the bed, "you don't have to tell me twice!"

 

We took a subway into the city. Once we entered I was amazed. "This is a mall?" I asked looking up at the countless floors. Victoria nodded, "yeah. This is the one of the worlds largest shopping malls." she replied. My mouth fell open, "worlds largest?" Victoria smiled and grabbed my arm, "come on we don't have much time." she said dragging me away. 

 

I couldn't help but hold Victoria back. Everywhere I looked I stopped and stared. "Come on we need to get to the guys department." she said dragging me to an elevator. "Wait! Is that a phones accessory store?!" "Come on!" Victoria dragged me with both hands.

 

I pressed my face against the glass as the elevator went up. "If there is a heaven, this would be it." I said taking in all the sights. Victoria laughed, "come on this is our stop." I turned around and followed her. We entered a hall playing some Usher song. Indeed this was the men department because there was no sign of anything girly or pink.

 

"What do you think Yixing would like?" Victoria asked walking down the hall. I looked around at the stores surrounding me, "I don't know." I replied. "Have you got him something?" she asked. A lump formed in my throat, "n-no." Victoria nodded, "I know he likes music and dancing." she said to herself.

 

"Oh how about some shoes!" she ran to a shoe store and picked up a pair of Vans. I looked at them, "it's not really his style." Victoria pouted, "you're right." and placed it back down. "He has a lot of clothes so that's out of the picture." she added. 

 

I nodded, "what do guys like?" Victoria went up to a cologne stand, "oh how about cologne." No! "Um y-you think he would like that?" I asked hoping she would say no. "Nah Yixing hates cologne anyway." she said walking away. My eyes widen, "he does?!"

 

Victoria nodded, "yeah it gives him allergies, oh what about a hat?" and quickly walked away. My hopes fell down, "great so much for my gift." I bit my lip, "I have to get him something else." "Minji over here!" Victoria called out for me. "Coming." I said going to her. She tried the hat on and looked at herself in the mirror, "it suits him." she said. I nodded, "yeah...it does." 

 

Victoria took it off, "how much?" she asked the sales person. "$15." he replied. She smiled, "I'll take it." and handed it to him. She turned to me, "hum Yixing also likes music." I felt defeated, I was certain my gift would be nice. Now it looks like I have to give it to my dad.

 

"Here you go." the sales person handed Victoria the bag. "Thank you." she smiled and walked away, "come on there has to be an electronic store around here." I followed behind her with my shoulders down, "yes." Victoria stepped into an music store and looked around, "headphones headphones headphones!" she pointed at a stand. 

 

I followed behind her. "Oh look purple, Yixing likes purple." she smiled. I was in shock, she knows so much about him. Yet here I am completely clueless, I didn't even knew he liked the color purple. Victoria checked the price. "Wow $120?" "That's a lot." I added.

 

She shrugged, "anything for Yixing." "You're going to buy it?!" my eyes widen. "Yeah." she nodded and went to the sales person, "I'd like this gift wrapped." I pouted and looked around. I have $20 there has to be something I can get him. I went to the CD section, "who does he like?"

 

I thought hard but nothing came up. He listens to soft music, but what's the point of getting him a CD when he has an IPod and a soon to be awesome headphones. I slouched and looked around, there was nothing here within my budget. "Ready?" Victoria snuck up behind me.

 

I jumped and turned around, "ready?" she asked again. I nodded, "oh...yeah." "Come on." she said walking away. +

 

We walked around, "I've spent a total of almost $150 on Yixing, he better like my gift." Victoria said. "I'm sure he will, but what about everyone else?" I asked.

 

"Oh I already got everyone a gift I just came to look for Yixing's." she replied. I nodded, she didn't even need my help. "You hungry?" she asked. "What? Oh yeah a little bit." I replied. "Let's go to the food court." she suggested and went to the elevator. I looked around at the stores, I guess you're getting nothing Lay. I stepped into the elevator, sorry. 

 

 

"Does this have any tuna?" I asked Victoria. She smiled, "no." "Okay good." I nodded and took a bite of the sushi. "You're allergic?" she asked. "Deadly." I replied. Victoria took a bite then looked at me, "do you like Yixing?" "What?!" I choked on my food.

 

"Oh here." she handed me my water. I coughed and chugged half of it down, "what?" I asked completely surprised. Victoria nodded, "do you like Yixing?" I shook my head, "no! I mean yeah I like him, but only as a friend or brother." I replied. She nodded, "good." she took another bite.

 

I bit my lip, "why?" Victoria looked up at me, "because I like him." I felt a sharp pain in my chest, "r-really?" "Yeah," she nodded, "and on Christmas day I'm going to confess to him." My heart fell, "really?" Victoria smiled, "I'm going to ask if we can talk in private and then at the right moment I'm going to tell him how I really feel." she explained.

 

"Oh." was all I could say, suddenly I lost my appetite. "And on midnight I'm going to kiss him." she added. My fist clenched, "really?" Victoria looked straight into my eyes, "lets just hope there's no distractions." she said in a serious tone all of a sudden. I swallowed hard. 

 

Victoria then smiled, "what do you think?" I nodded and stabbed my sushi, "sounds romantic." She grinned, "good I was hoping you'd say that." I bit the insides of my cheeks, it was clear she was warning me. Which meant I had to hurry and confess before she does. But how?

 

~~~~

 

"We're home!" Victoria yelled as we stepped in. I followed behind her and closed the door. "Where were you two?" Mei asked. "Just doing some Christmas shopping." Victoria replied. Lay came out, "Minji lets go." he ordered. "W-where are we going?" I asked.

 

"Christmas shopping." he replied, "we'll be back before dinner." he said. "Wait can I come?" Victoria asked. "Sorry, but Mei needs you." Lay told her. "No I don't." Mei said. Lay smiled, "sorry, but no. Come on." he grabbed my arm and lead me back out. "Be careful." my dad said.

 

Lay lead me out to the car. "Where are you taking me?" I asked. Lay let go, "I told you already." "I know, but why?" I asked as he got in. "I need your help." he replied. I sighed and got in, "I swear if you're like Victoria I'm-" "What?" Lay asked catching me talking to myself. "Nothing." I faked a smile.

 

The ride was quiet and something was eating up inside me. "Are you like bipolar or something?" I came out and said it. "What?" Lay asked surprised. "I mean one day you're mad at the world and the next you're skipping with joy. What's up with that?" I asked.

 

Lay laughed, "I don't think I've ever skipped from joy." "You know what I mean." I threw my hands around. "I'm sorry for my behavior. Happy?" he asked. I scoffed, "that's it? You're not even going to tell me why?" "I wasn't mad at you so don't worry." he replied.

 

"Were you mad at Victoria?" I asked getting a little nervous. Lay's smile went away, "no." "Then who?" I asked getting frustrated. Lay turned to me, "myself." I furrowed my eyebrows, "yourself?" Lay looked back at the road, "yeah, I'm the most stubborn person I know and I hate it."

 

I snorted, "I agree." Lay looked at me, "thanks" I laughed and looked ahead, "it's okay because I'm like that too." Lay looked ahead and continued driving. "Please tell me we're not going to the mall." I said. "What?! Minji's turning down the mall?" Lay joked.

 

I smiled, "haha." "Don't worry I'm just going to get my mom and your dad something." he said pulling into the parking lot. "Great." I sighed. "You'll be fine." Lay pulled into a parking spot. I took off my seatbelt, "you're going to regret bringing me." "Why?" Lay asked.

 

 

 

"Omo I want this!" I squealed and ran up to an Angry Birds cell phone strap. "Minji I said we were going to get something for my mom and your-" "Ahh is that Pikachu?!" I ran to the other side dropping the Angry Bird. "It is!" I squealed and picked it up. It was winking with it's tongue out. "Cute~"

 

"Minji let's go." Lay pulled my arm. "Get me this." I held it to his face. "No." he refused. I pouted, "please I only have...$5." I held up my fingers remembering I had to pay for my lunch. Lay sighed, "how much is it?" "Yay!" I jumped and checked the price, "only $20." 

 

"Only $20?!" Lay's eyes widen. I looked at him, "y-yes." He took a deep breath, "fine." "Yay!" I jumped again and ran to the sales lady. Lay dragged himself to her, "$20." she told him. Lay reached into his pocket and handed her the money. "Thanks." he said grabbing the strap and handing it to me. "Thanks." I smiled and quickly took it out. We existed the accessory store, "okay from now on we're only going to shop for my mom and your dad okay." I nodded and played with my new cell phone strap, "okay." I smiled. 

 

The mall was a lot more crowded, I know now why Victoria wanted to come so early. "Stay close." Lay told me. "Yes." I said keeping close to his back. "Come here." Lay suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me in front of him. "Uh Lay?" Just then Lay put his arms around my shoulders, "just to make sure you don't go wondering off."

 

My cheeks grew hot and it was a good thing he couldn't see me. "What exactly are you looking for?" I asked. "I don't know." he replied. I puffed my cheeks, "well that's no help." "What does your dad like?" he asked. "Yelling." I replied. Lay laughed, "I mean as in hobbies."

 

I smiled, "oh I don't know...golf?" I replied. "So a new set of clubs?" Lay asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "what ever you want." "Let's go to the sporting department." Lay suggested. "Lay what do you like?" I asked out of the blue. "What?" Lay asked leaning closer to my neck.

 

"What do you like?" I asked again. "Hum," Lay thought for a moment, "I don't know why?" "Just asking." I replied hoping he would say he liked me. "I like my mom and my grandma." he began. "What?" I laughed. "You asked what I like so I'm telling you." he replied. "Oh keep going." I smiled.

 

"I like dancing and writing music. I like the color purple and black even though they say it's not really a color, but a shade. I like when there's a full moon, I like it when I get rewarded for my hard work. I like little kids...sometimes." I laughed. "I also like it when it's quite and not crowded." he continued. His voice was so relaxing, is it possible to fall asleep while walking in a huge crowd?

 

"I like the Summer time, my moms cooking, this one hamster I had when I was a kid. I like making people laugh, I like my family and friends. I like your dad and finally," he turned me around, "I like you." My eyes widen and my heart stopped, "w-what?" Lay smiled and messed with my hair, "you're not so annoying anymore."

 

My hopes quickly died, "oh." I sighed. I was certain he was going to confess to me, but I guess not. Looks like Lay only likes me as a friend. I don't know if I should be happy or sad. "Come on." he grabbed my hand and lead me away. I smiled, I guess I should be happy. 

 

~~~~

 

"I don't know red doesn't really suit your mom." I said as Lay held up a dress. "Then what color?" he asked. I thought, "how about orange? It'll make her skin color pop." I replied. Lay shook his head, "nah orange reminds me of Halloween how about yellow?" I nodded, "that too."

 

Lay picked the same dress, but in a light yellow color. I snapped my fingers, "that's it." "Really?" Lay asked. I nodded, "I think she'll love it." Lay shook his head and put it back, "how about a purse." I groaned, "we've been here for three hours." I complained. My dads gift was easy for him, but it seemed like Qui's was impossible to find the "right" gift.

 

"Sorry, but I need to find the perfect gift for her." Lay said. I followed behind him, "but I'm so tired and hungry." Lay suddenly stopped making me bump into him, "over there." he pointed. I looked and saw a stand with hundreds of purses. "Let's go over there." he said walking to the stand.

 

I followed behind him. "Oh get her this." I said picking up a Hello Kitty purse. Lay's smiled faded, "that's for little girls." I shrugged my shoulders, "make her feel young again." Lay smiled and hit my shoulder softly. "How about this black one?" he said lifting a huge, black, ugly purse.

 

I scrunch my nose as if I smelled something bad, "ew." "No?" Lay looked at me. I shook my head, "here this is way better." I reached over and lifted a medium size cafe brown Gucci purse. "Gucci?" Lay asked. I nodded, "yeah, she'll love it." Lay checked the price, "but look at the price."

 

"Do you want the perfect gift?" I asked. Lay nodded, "well yeah but-" "But nothing. Get it, she'll like it." I cut him off. Lay puffed his cheeks, "okay." I clapped, "okay lets go before you change your mind." I started to push him away. "So we got your dad something. I'll just give my grandma money since she never likes any gift I get her." Lay said to himself.

 

"Who's missing?" he asked. I cleared my throat and raised my hand, "m-me-" "Victoria!" he snapped his fingers, "I forgot about her." I put my hand down and pouted, what about me? 

 

We walked around and it literally took every inch in my body not to run to every store we passed by. "What would victoria like?" Lay asked. "I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. "She's not that into fashion or shoes." he said to himself, "what about perfume?" he asked.

 

"I think she'll love anything you give her." I replied. "Fine, I'll get her some toilet paper." he joked. "That'll work." I agreed. Lay laughed, "no I have to get her a proper gift." "How about a trip to the spa?" I suggested as we passed a spa. "That's perfect!" Lay snapped his fingers, "she's always working she deserves a little break." he said going towards the spa. I sighed, "I can use a break too."

 

"Okay I got everyone a gift." he said walking out with a gift card. "Finally!" I threw my hands in the air, "can we leave now?" I asked. Lay laughed and nodded, "yeah lets go before they start worrying about us."

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

"We're back." I said turning off the car. I turned and saw Minji passed out. I smiled and brushed a strand of hair out of her face, she must be exhausted. My fingers brushed against her cheeks and sent a chill throughout my body. "And finally I like you." I remember my words so clearly. Why did I add "you're not so annoying anymore?" I scolded myself.

 

I'm right back to where I was...no where. I reached into my pocket and pulled out a little gold box. I smiled and opened it. Inside was a gold necklace with a small diamond heart. Yeah it cost a fortune, but Minji's worth it. "Let's just hope you like it." I said softly.

 

I already know what I'm going to say when I give it to her. Minji, I like you. Not as brother or a friend, but much more than that. I know it's wrong for me to have this feeling for you, but I can't take it anymore. No matter how hard I try I just can't get you out of my mind. Please accept my kind heart.

 

I shook my head and closed the box, "no that's not right." I heard Minji groan, "we're here?" I looked to my side and saw her stretching. I put the box back into my pocket before she could see, "yeah." Minji smiled, "finally." she reached for the door. "Minji wait." I called her.

 

"Yeah." she turned around. I took a deep breath and looked up at her, "on Christmas eve exactly on midnight meet me. I'll be waiting under the stars." I said. She rubbed her eyes, "under the stars?" I nodded, "yeah." "What for?" she asked.

 

"So I can give you your present." I replied. She lit up, "you did get me a gift!" I nodded, "but I'll only give it to you if you meet me in private." She nodded, "okay." She got out and closed the door. "And so I can also give you my heart." I added and watched as she ran inside. 

 

I looked up at the night sky, "this is it Yixing, you better not screw this up." I said to myself and got out. "Crap it's cold." I shivered and ran inside.

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» eh didn't really know how to end this update so there you go. Hope you enjoyed this update it literally took me forever, I really hope I'm not getting the case of writer's block >.< P.S this update is unedited due to laziness :)Anyway please comment and subscribe ^^