Chapter 15

Oh! Brother

 

The next day I really wasn't in a good mood. I don't know what it was, it was a Friday. Usually I'm the happiest that day, but today was different somehow.

 

"Omo Minji guess what?!" Hani nearly blew my ear drums out as she grabbed my arm and pulled it vigorously. "What?!" I tried to act surprised, but I already knew what she was so excited about.

 

"Lay said yes!" she cheered and jumped up and down. "Really?!" I faked my expression, "I knew he would." I said hugging her. "You have no idea how happy I am." she cried.

 

To be honest I felt jealous of her, not because she and Lay were going out. Gross! But because she has a date while I'm still single and might be for the rest of my life.

 

"I'm so happy for you, see sometimes you need to make the first move." I said as we locked arms and walked into the school building together. "I know thank you much for being a great friend." she said. I looked at her and smiled, "no problem."

 

 

By lunch the rumor of Lay and Hani had spread everywhere, even my English teacher knew. I already know it was probably her who started it. But I mean can I blame her? If I started dating an EXO member, the school kingkas, it might accidently slip my mouth too.

 

"Minji this way." Hani pulled my arm and lead me away from our lunch table. "Ugh where are you going?" I asked as I followed behind her. "You'll see." she turned and flashed a smile. 

 

I gasped when I noticed she was leading me to EXO's table. "Hani what are you doing?!" I asked stopping. "Come on Minji lets sit with them." she suggested. 

 

"No!" I shook my head, "we can't sit with them are you crazy?!" "Why not? Lay and I are a thing now and besides," she came over and grabbed my arm, "soon you and Tao will be too." I couldn't argue with that, but I seriously could not sit at their table. I might embarrass myself.

 

"Hello everyone." Hani smiled as we approached their table. The guys all stopped talking and turned to us. I bit my lip, this is so awkward. "Yes?" Baekhyun asked.

 

I stepped back, "Hani we should just go." I whispered to her. "B-but Lay-" "Oh Minji come sit down." Tao spoke up. We both turned to him, he scooted over and patted the seat next to him. I let my breath out in relief, Tao you're a life saver.

 

I quickly walked around and sat next to him, "thanks." I whispered to him, he smiled. Hani was still up, "Lay?" she questioned him. I turned and saw him reading a book with headphones on. I felt bad for Hani, Lay can be such a jerk. What does she see in him?

 

"Lay." D.O nudged him. He looked up, "what?" "Someone's here for you." D.O pointed at Hani. Lay looked at her and sighed, "what?" "Can I sit with you?" Hani asked biting her lip. I held in my breath, Lay just scoot over already.

 

Lay stared at her for a while then eventually moved to the side, "sure." "Yes." I cheered softly. "I thought this was a mans table." Sehun complained. "Then you're in the wrong place." Kai pinched his cheek. I laughed as Sehun pushed his arm away and glared at him.

 

"Just ignore them." Tao said to me. I nodded and took a bite of my cheese burger. "This is cool," Xiumin spoke up, "more people." he said reaching over and taking one of my fries. "Yah don't take her food!" Chen scolded him. "It's okay." I handed him my fires, "I'm not that hungry." Xiumin grinned and took it happily.

 

"Aish this boy has no manners." Tao said glaring at him. "It's okay I don't mind." I told him. He looked at me, "here take mine." he offered his. I shook my head, "no it's okay." Tao placed the fires in the middle, "we'll share." he smiled. I looked down feeling my cheeks grow red.

 

"Man first Lay now Tao," Baekhyun sighed, "I want a girlfriend." he said resting his head on his hand. I almost choked on my food," what?!" Tao handed me my water, "you okay?" he offered it to me. I looked at him and nodded, "Tao and I aren't dating." 

 

"Yeah right," Chen cut in, "you think we were born yesterday?" They both raised a brow. "But-" "Like I said, just ignore them." Tao nudged me. I looked at him and sighed, "fine."

 

"Die you stupid pig!" Chanyeol yelled at his phone. I looked at him as he furiously pressed against his phone. "Just forget it Chanyeol you're never going to pass that level." D.O rolled his eyes.

 

I leaned over, he was playing Angry Birds. "I can pass it." I said not meaning to say it out loud. "Really?!" he turned to me, "hurry pass it for me." he said shoving his phone to me. "Oh...um okay." I said cleaning my hands before taking it.

 

Chanyeol scooted closer next to me, I could feel his breath hit my neck. I pressed replay, "oh this level is tough." I said. "Hurry pass it." Chanyeol lifted my hand. "Yah stop being to bossy." Baekhyun scolded him, but Chanyeol ignored him.

 

I pressed my finger on the screen and glided it across before releasing the red bird. It flew and knocked out the first two pigs. There were still five remaining, one being protected by a metal wall.

 

"Damn." I cursed as the next one was up. One by one I killed every pig except for the one that was protected. I had only one bird left. "You got this." Chanyeol massaged my shoulders as if I was about to fight someone in a ring. "You guys are idiots." Sehun said, but we ignored him.

 

I released the final bird and waited to see where it would land. It fell on top of a land mine which blew up the metal wall. I held in my breath as the pig rolled to the side, just then a piece of the metal hit him making him die. "Yes!" we both cheered. I high fived Chanyeol and handed him back his phone.

 

"Thanks you don't know who long it was taking me to pass that level." he said taking his phone. "No problem." I smiled and grabbed a fry. I turned to Tao who was smiling at me. Just then I saw a bright screen appear in front of my face, "can you pass this one for me too?" Chanyeol asked as the next round showed up.

 

 

By the end of the day my mood completely shifted from the morning, I was getting closer to the guys which I never thought would happen in a million years.

 

"Okay see you on Monday." Kai and Baekhyun waved at me. I smiled and waved back, "bye have a nice weekend." And closed my locker. "Did you hear?" someone behind me asked making me jump. "What?!" I turned around and saw Tao behind me, "omo you scared me." I grabbed onto my racing heart.

 

"Lay invited me to go with him to the movies tomorrow." he said. "What?" I was confused. "He and Hani are going on a date, but he doesn't want to go along so he invited me to go with him." Tao replied.

 

"As a third wheel?" I tilted me head, "isn't that a little weird?" I asked. Tao laughed, "not if you going with me silly." My eyes widen and my heart jumped, "what?" "I'm asking you to go with me on the date." Tao said, "you know as a double date?"

 

Is Tao asking my out? I was at lost for words, even if it was with Lay and Hani, it's still considered a date. "So what do you say?" he asked. "Ugh..." I trailed on. "No?" he raised a brow. I quickly shook my head, "no! I mean yes, I'd love to go with you." I held my hands up.

 

Tao smiled, "great! We'll meet you at the theaters tomorrow at 3." he said. I nodded, "got it." Tao checked his watch, "oh I have to go," he stepped forward and gave me a quick hug, "bye." he said running off. My insides were jumping with joy and I blushed, "bye...see you tomorrow."

 

~~~~

 

LAY POV

 

"Great." I sighed as I woke up, "todays the day I have to go out with that Hani girl." I groaned and sat up, I looked over and saw that Minji was gone. "Hum? I wonder where she went?" I said to myself as I swung my legs over the bed and walked to the restroom to wash up.

 

"Tell her yes, you'd love to go out with her."

 

Minji's words replayed in my mind. I brushed my teeth, I really had no idea she was going to say that. Something inside me was hoping she would say no. To be honest, I don't like Hani...at all. She's not my type.

 

Neither is Minji though, and besides she's going to be my step-sister. It'll be weird if I saw her as my type, but she did kiss me. I was confused, "she said she liked me too." I said to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror. I shook my head, "she was drunk Yixing remember that." I told myself as I stepped into the shower.

 

I went downstairs and saw my mom and Mr. Lee laughing in the kitchen. I stopped myself before they could see me. "Honey no!" my mom cried as he put whip cream on her nose causing her to laugh.

 

I leaned against the door way, it's been a very long time since I last seen my mother so happy. Ever since my dad passed away I thought she was never going to smile again. So I'm thankful for Mr. Lee, for now my mother was happy and that's all that mattered.

 

I walked back upstairs leaving them in privacy. I sat on my bed and grabbed my headphones and started listening to music. I made a decision the same day Minji told me to say yes to Hani. I promised I would say yes, but I never promise I would be nice.

 

I smirked, "Hani you're about to meet the most jackass boyfriend ever."

 

~~~~

 

MINJI POV

 

"Oh this one smells so good." I sprayed the perfume on my wrist and smelled it, "I should wear this for today." I said. "Can you believe we're going on a date?" Hani squealed holding onto my arm. I turned to her and grin, "can you believe Tao actually asked me out?!"

 

"See I told you if I started dating Lay, you were going to start dating Tao." Hani said. I smiled and placed the perfume down," yeah I know. Come on let's go look for something nice to wear." I pulled her away from the perfume stand.

 

I deiced to meet with Hani early in the morning to get our nails done and even buy a new outfit. Which meant I had to wake up extra early on a Saturday, but it was totally worth it.

 

"Oh this is cute on you." Hani said holding up a light pink, floral, dress. "Really?" I looked at myself in the mirror, it reached my knees and gave off a cute and innocent look. "You think Tao will like it?" I asked her. Hani nodded, "defiantly, hows this one?" she asked raising a white cotton dress up.

 

"It looks cute, defiantly you're style." I replied. "You think Lay will like it?" she asked. I nodded, "defiantly." We both giggled at each other and posed in front of the mirror like idiots.

 

 

"Ow!" I cried as Hani pulled my hair. "Sorry." she apologized, "I'm almost done." she said spraying my hair down with hair spray. I covered my eyes and held in my breath. "Okay I'm done." she said. I uncovered my eyes and looked in the mirror. "Omo it's so pretty." I said as my long brown curls bounced with volume.

 

I reached to touch it, but Hani slapped my hand away, "don't touch you might ruin it." she scolded. "Sorry." I said and turned to her. "What time is it?" I asked her. "2:30." she replied.

 

It took us a while to process, "oh no!" we both cried, "we're late!" we yelled and ran to go change.

 

~~~~

 

"Wow Minji you look..." Tao trailed on, "pretty." he finished handing me a bouquet of flowers. I blushed and took them, "thank you." "You too Hani." he told her. Hani bowed, "thanks ugh where's Lay?" she asked looking around. 

 

We arrived at the theaters a little pass 3. Tao was waiting outside alone. "Yeah where is Lay?" I asked looking around. Tao shrugged, "he said he was coming, but I haven't seen him." he replied. I furrowed my eye brows, he better not ditch Hani.

 

About 30 minutes passed and we decided to sit on a bench near the theaters. "You guys should just go without me." Hani offered in a sad tone. "No!" I objected, "Lay is going to be here." I said looking around. He better be here or else.

 

"Hey guys." someone said. We all turned and saw Lay walking towards us. "Omo where were you?" Hani asked worried as she went towards him. I was shocked, Lay didn't even dress up like Tao. Or even brought flowers for Hani even after being extremely late. He didn't even a bow.

 

"The movie already started." I crossed my arms. Lay shrugged his shoulders, "sorry I fell asleep and completely forgot about it." he said. "Are you okay?" Hani asked concerned. Lay looked at her and covered his nose, "you smell really bad." he said.

 

My mouth fell open along with Tao and Hani. Did he just say that?

 

 

________________________________________

 

 author's note 

» haha I can never imagine Lay being the jerky type lOl. I hope you enjoyed this update and sorry if it was rushed. Comment and subscribe ^^