Goodbye Stage: 'Color Your World'

The Adventure of Colored Fame

I also realized that BtoB didn't debut until March 22nd, or sometime around that date... Let's just pretend that they debuted earlier.


Several hours passed, and soon, Crayon found themselves inside a makeup room, in the M!Net building. 2PM, BtoB, Infinite, and EXO-M stood leisurely in the room, watching the 6 females get fluffed up and ready for their goodbye stage.
Stylists flew back and forth between the makeup stands and the place where the girls were seated. The males watched amusingly as the stylists blotted eye makeup and other beauty products on the girls' smooth, bare skin.

Dang.. Females sure had to put on many more things than guys did.

EXO-K were to perform later that night, so they were in their own room. SHINee was already onstage performing.

"Don't touch your hair, Chaerin!" the head hair stylist hollered from the other side of the room as she picked up a couple spray cans from the rack. Caught red-handed, Chaerin lowered her hands guiltily and awkwardly smiled.

"You too, Sooyun."

Sooyun, too, brought her hands back to her lap and blew a raspberry. The two maknaes were having trouble staying still, especially under the intense gazes of other male idols.

Once their makeup and hairs were done, the wardrobe eonni handed each one of them their stage outfits, and rushed them into dressing rooms to get changed.

"Make sure you don't ruin your hair or makeup while changing!"

 

Once they finished changing, the girls carefully stepped out of the dressing rooms, one by one. They straightened their unison outfits (Pretend the dress is a bit longer), petting it down or fluffing it up. Then, the six of them headed back to the makeup room.

They entered cautiously and showed the wardrobe eonni, who nodded in satisfaction as she saw the 6 living dolls in front of her. Tech staff entered and handed the girls their microphones. Receiving a thumbs up from their managers, the girls finally sat down on the couch next to a couple of their oppas, being careful not to wrinkle their dress.

Feeling that this was the right time, Hweri cleared and began her pep talk, "This is it, girls. After one month of hard work and promoting, today's our goodbye stage for our first album!"

Everyone in the room applauded and cheered. Once the noise died down, Hweri started again, "I'm very proud of Crayon, and of everything that we've achieved so far. W-."

She was cut off when the speakers attached to the ceiling of their room blared a warning, "Crayon will be up in two minutes. Repeat, Crayon's performance will be in two minutes."

"We didn't even get to celebrate our one month anniversary because we've been so busy promoting, but once this goodbye stage passes, we'll find the time to celebrate together," the leader smiled warmly at her dongsaengs, "This goodbye stage doesn't mean that we'll never perform our songs from 'Color Your World' ever again. It just means that when we perform it next time, it'll be better than before. This one month of hard work and effort is the gateway for many more to come, and as they say.. 'with hard work comes success'."

Carmie was the first to stand up, and the other girls soon followed, wrapping their arms around eachother. Their oppas decided to join in, and wrapped the inner female circle with an outer hug of their own.
With their heads bowed to the center of their circle, Hweri spoke again, "We are one for all..."

And the 5 others joined, "And all for one! Crayon, hwaiting!"

"Crayon's performance will be starting in less than thirty seconds. Please come backstage," the speakers blared. The girls gave their oppas quick hugs before exiting the room.

"Man," Kris said slowly, "I think she gives better pep talks than I do.."
Luhan and Lay, being too short to swing an arm around the tall leader, only laughed merrily and looked at the open door where Crayon had just walked through a couple seconds ago.

 

Crayon arrived backstage and nervously clicked their heels against the floor. They had performed this song over a hundred times in front of millions of people, yet whenever they stepped on stage, they still felt nervous. A loud roar of cheering was heard before their fellow labelmate, EXO-K, bursted through the stage doors covered in sweat from dancing so vigorously. They had their goodbye stage ages ago, but were requested by M!Net to perform again that night.

Chaerin couldn't help but let out a soft laugh as she saw her oppas' fierce stage images slowly deteriorate into those of dorky children. She grabbed three towels from the pile onto of the table next to her and tossed it to the three nearest members, Kai, Suho, and D.O.

Kai, with his fast reflexes, swiftly caught the white towel and draped it around his sweating forehead. Suho and D.O., however, were clumsy and nearly missed the catch.

"Thanks!" all three called out to te as she was ushered to the stage doors.

"Welcome!" Chaerin called back, and disappeared through the doors.

 

The entire place was dimmed and Crayon rushed to their places.

This was it. The years that they practiced and trained would finally pay off tonight if they ended with a successful goodbye stage.

The lights flashed on and the music started.

After the month of sore legs, abused throats, and aching feet from wearing high heels, it all narrowed down to this one last performance, and they were going to make it matter.


Should I change the font of this story.......? I feel like some of you guys might have trouble reading it, since it's so small..

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed that short update! I'm seriously wondering if this fic should be all fluff or have some angst in it as well... So please vote on it!

 

Thank you~