Chapter 5

Accidental Love

 

 

Aaron's POV

"You are not my boyfriend... Why do you care if I talk to other man or if I will meet him in the future? You have no right to feel that way. Remember, your girlfriend is Rainie, my best friend." 

I closed my eyes and Hebe's sentence kept ringing in my head. 

Yes, I am not her boyfriend and I have no right to feel that way.

Yes, my girlfriend is Rainie. Rainie Yang. Not Hebe Tian.

Somehow when I keep reminding myself that, my heart hurts. Why is it hurting? This is wrong. My heart shouldn't be hurting. I'm not... in love with Hebe right? 

Still in denial, I took out my handphone and send a text to Rainie. 

Hey babe. I miss you.. Can't wait for you to come back from your holiday.

I received a reply instantly.

Aww me too. Love you and can't wait to meet you soon! xx 

Yes. This is how it should be. Just me and Rainie. Only Rainie in my heart. 

 

Hebe's POV

I was typing away in my computer when Rainie approached me. 

"Hey Hebs, let's go to the bar tonight? My treat." she winked at me.

"I don't feel like going out tonight. What's the occasion anyway for the treat?" I looked at her.

"Well, I heard you had to do overtime covering for my duties when I was away. And it's a Friday night! Aaron will be meeting his friend anyway and I have no company tonight." she gave her puppy eyes to me. She knew that I will surely say yes by giving that face

I sighed, "Fine. Thanks for that face. You know I will say yes by doing that." I rolled my eyes. 

"Yipeee! Love you Hebs!"

 

Aaron's POV

It was a Friday night and I was at the usual bar with Chun. I was waiting for Rainie to arrive as she told me she will just meet me straight here.

I was talking to Chun when he suddenly stop talking and was staring at something or rather someone behind me.

I turned around and saw Rainie... with Hebe behind her.

stared at her from top to bottom.

She looked so different from usual. She was wearing a body hugging black dress and her makeup was heavy.

She was so beautiful and y.

Chun cleared his throat and whispered behind me, "Whoa who is that beautiful lady?" 

"Hey love, sorry I'm late. I hope you don't mind me bringing Hebe along," Rainie spoke and gave me a kiss on my cheeks.

"Hebs, this is Chun. Aaron's good buddy. Chun, this is Hebe. You guys get to know each other first alright? I need to speak to Aaron for awhile," Rainie gave a cheeky smile then dragged me to the corner of the pub. 

"Hey.. You didn't tell me you were bringing Hebe along," I said to Rainie.

"Sorry love. I asked her last minute and I didn't know she will say yes to me. In fact, now I have a brilliant idea of match making Hebe with Chun. What do you think? Chun is a really nice guy for Hebe," Rainie grinned at me.

I wanted to shout NO! I didn't like that idea at all. 

I looked over at their table and saw Hebe laughing and smiling with Chun. Somehow I really didn't like that sight. It aches my heart.

For once, I felt jealous, which I probably shouldn't feel.