Chapter 2

Accidental Love

Aaron's POV

 

It has been a week since the incident happened.

I've never seen Hebe ever since the time she left my house in a hurry. I kept it from Rainie and I guess she did the same too.

Guilty. I've been feeling guilty everytime I'm with Rainie. Whenever I'm with her, I will always think of Hebe. And I kept having the urge to ask Rainie how is Hebe doing.

I didnt want Rainie to suspect since she knows how my interaction with Hebe has always been so I just kept mum about it.

 

It was a Saturday night. Rainie and I decided to cook dinner together over at my place. We head over to the supermarket to get the ingredients. While linking our arms together and pushing the trolley, we suddenly bumped into another trolley. 

"Sorry," I said to the person who we bumped into.

She looked up and it was none other than Hebe. I didn't know what happened to me but I suddenly let go of my arms that I was linking with Rainie. Like as if I didn't want Hebe to see that. I'm glad Rainie didn't notice my action as she was surprised to see Hebe.

"Hey Hebs, I'm suprised to see you here. Doing some grocery shopping?" Rainie asked.

We locked eyes for a few seconds. I can see that she was feeling uncomfortable to see us. 

"Yup," she replied with a half smile. 

"Let's go together." Rainie started linking arms with Hebe as I followed them closely behind. I couldn't stop staring at her back. 

After making the payment for our purchases, Hebe quickly took her grocery bags and said "Hey Rainie, I'll make a move now. See u on Monday at work." 

Rainie nudged me to take the grocery bags from Hebe. I followed what she asked me to do and in the brief moment while taking the grocery bags from her hand, our hand touches slightly. I felt a spark and I didn't know if she felt that too. 

"Hebs, we'll drive you home okay? Even though your house is just nearby, you can't be carrything those heavy stuffs by yourself." Rainie's voice interrupted my thoughts. 

"No buts, lets go." Rainie said to Hebe even before she tried to open to talk.

 

After getting into the car, Rainie turned to me "Hey love, you already know Hebe's address right? Since you send her back home that day, I don't need to show you the way."

I froze in my seat. I looked at the rearview mirror and I could see Hebe was frozen too. S h i t. I thought to myself. 

"I kind of forget where she stays at." I said to Rainie and she pinched my cheeks.

"You're not someone who forgets directions." she replied and shrugged. "Nevermind I will just show you the way."

Throughout the whole journey, I kept glancing at the rearview mirror to that certain someone sitting at the back of the car.

Occasionally, our eyes will meet and she will quickly look away.

I wish I could apologize to her at that instant.