Chapter 3

Accidental Love

Hebe's POV

 

It was a busy Monday at work.

Rainie had taken leave for a week to go on a holiday with her parents. I had to cover her work which means overtime day for me.

I looked at my watch and realised it was already 7.30pm. I sighed.

I pack my stuffs and headed out of the office to go home.

When I reached my apartment, a familiar figure was standing outside, leaning on his car, as if he was waiting for me. It was Aaron. I bit my lips and slowly approach towards the person.

He turned around when he sense my presence.

He had a worried look on his face and at the same time frowning. 

"Hey.." he said. 

"Hey.." I replied softly.

"How come you've only just reach home? Where have you been?? Who were you with???" he asked or should I say demanding for the answers. 

Instead of answering his questions, I asked with a frown, "What are you doing here?" 

He rubbed the back of his head and looked down at his shoes.

"About that day... I came here to apologize to you. I'm sorry about what happened. I really didn't mean to take advantage of you. I was a bit tipsy and I'm really really sorry for what I did. I really hope you will forgive me."

I felt angry once again when he reminded me about that day but things already happened and I really want to forget about it.

Plus for the sake of my friendship with Rainie. 

"I already forgot about that day and for the sake of Rainie, I forgive you. Let's just pretend nothing ever happened and act normal whenever we are with Rainie. I really do not want her to find out. I do not want to hurt her." I said.

I know it is wrong to keep her in the dark but this is the only way out.

Aaron stared at me and nodded his head.

Suddenly, my stomach growl loudly.

My face turned red from embarrasement and I guess Aaron heard it too as a  small smile crept across his face.

I remembered I only had a sandwich for lunch.

Aaron cleared his throat, "I bet you still haven't had your dinner. Let's go. My treat, to apologize and to thank you for forgiving me." He sincerely said to me.

I wanted to reject him but before I could open my mouth, he dragged me and gently push me to the passenger seat.