Get back

Star That I Can't Reach

Chapter 8

 

 

Kyuhyun sat at the dinning room, sipping a cup of tea while Minho and Sulli left him to wash the dishes after the three of them spend time to have lunch together. He pulls his lips when he caught an unusual aura of Minho who was playing water with his favorite sister. Then, he asked Minho about Hara. He had heard that now Hara stayed at his house, but he didn't see her since he got home three hours ago.

"She went out of town since yesterday, there was a photo shoot for magazine." Minho replied as he cleaning Sulli's hands with a napkin after washing dishes.

Kyuhyun then welcomed Minho with a warm smile as he followed him sitting at the dinner table, while Sulli went into the living room to watch television.

"You know, every time I look at you and Sulli, I was getting worried," Kyuhyun revealed his anxieties, Minho answered with a raised eyebrow. "You two better suited as lovers rather than brother and sister." he continued.

"Yaak! That's just your opinion, Hyung." Minho deny, but doesn't cover his cheeks blushed.

Kyuhyun pursed his lips, "I guess not just me who was thinking that way. If there are other people who see you and Sulli together, holding hands, I'm sure they will think like me. Moreover, Sulli is a pretty. If you allow, I also want to date her. "

"Sulli is my sister. How could a brother dating his sister?!." Minho said.

"But she's not your real sister."

Minho glanced at Sulli who was watching television in living room with Robbie and said softly, "She's my sister, until whenever she is my sister."

"And you still have Suzy." Kyuhyun replied.

Hearing the words, like Minho dragged to return to the real world. Earlier, in his mind, he was thinking about him and Sulli, and then Kyuhyun revive him if what he was thinking at this point may not be real. And Suzy just made him uncomfortable.

"I've broken up with Suzy."

"What? you break up with her?" Kyuhyun shocked and couldn't stop asking, "When? How? Actually what's wrong with you guys?"

Kyuhyun deserve to ask. The man is the one who introduced him to Suzy, he also made him to be in a relationship with Suzy and now, if Minho finally end the relationship, Kyuhyun had to figure it out. Kyuhyun was consider Suzy as his own sister, Minho also been regarded as his own brother, so when his siblings fight, he simply had no right to intervene.

"A week ago, when Sulli in the hospital." he answered. "I've thought about it carefully, I can't be with her anymore, she will suffer when she knew that I only care about Sulli. I can't give my whole life for her."

"But why? Do you realize what you've done? You also need to live, Minho, you also have to care about yourself, you can't continue to protect Sulli alone. You deserve to be happy."

"I've been pretty happy with Sulli." he said, staring at Kyuhyun's eyes seemingly still can't accept his decision.

"But I mean ..." Kyuhyun stammered, difficult to discuss things like this with Minho. He is the most stubborn man he have ever known throughout his life. "Suzy and Sulli is different. I know you're happy with Sulli, but she's your sister. And Suzy is a woman. I mean, you need love, Minho, love of a woman who is not your sister."

Minho didn't respond to those words. He wasn't surprised by what had just delivered by Kyuhyun because honestly, he was familiar with it. He realizes that he is a mature man who needs love and will get married someday. He realized that Suzy is a woman who nearly perfect. However, he also realized that he didn't love Suzy. 

"Thank you, Hyung, but I still remain on my decision." Minho smiled slightly.

"Minho, come on ... If you're worried about Sulli, I'm sure Suzy can help you to take care of her, but-" Kyuhyun turned to Sulli who was watching television. "Do you love another woman?" he asked.

"Hyung, it's not what you think!" Minho tried to straighten out this misunderstanding. "There is no other woman, I and Suzy didn't get along anymore." he says.

Kyuhyun sighed. He will end up in vain if he continues to try to impose his will on Minho, after all, this is a matter of the heart, about feeling. He had no power about it.

"My last question, do you still love her?"

"I don't know if my feelings to her is love or not."

-

 

Sulli and Minho watch cartoons together after dinner. When the cartoons is over, it's time for Sulli sleep. Minho walked her up to the room. "When Hara come home?" Sulli said as she lay down on the bed and then pulled the blanket.

"Maybe tomorrow, why? Do you miss her?" Minho helped her pull the blanket over her shoulders.

Sulli nodded, "Since she lived here, I feel that we are truly family. It was fun."

Minho Sulli's hair, then said, "Well, I will tell her to come home early."

"Really? Tell Hara to go home tomorrow, Minho, I'm going to sleep early tonight, I can't wait to see her tomorrow." she smiled brightly when Minho nodded afterward.

"Good night. Sleep well."

Then, Minho stood up and was about to leave. However, Sulli hold his wrist. Minho frowned, then Sulli answered by saying, "You're forgetting something."

"Forget what?" Minho asked as he sat back on her bed.

Sulli sat on her bed, she sat in front of Minho and pointing her forehead with her index finger. Minho shrugged because he still don't understand what Sulli meant.

Sulli pouted.

"I don't understand and I forget, sorry." Minho scratched the nape of his neck and chuckled.

Then, Sulli kissed his cheek.

Minho blinked repeatedly. Although just a minute, he could feel the soft lips against his cheek and gave electric shocks all over his body. And after that, Sulli back lying in the bed, pull the covers up to her chest and closed her eyes while Minho struggling to sync his heartbeat.

"Good night." Sulli said as her eyes closed.

"Yes. Good night."

Minho back to his room, clutching his chest, right where his heart beating fast. Klek. The bedroom door opened. He stared at his bedroom  which was turned over to Hara since she lived here, but so, there's no change in the room. Minho sat on the edge of his bed, then stared straight ahead, into a frame on the table where Sulli's face, his face and the face of their father are seen in the frame. Beside it, there is another frame where only his face and Sulli are seen there.

Minho sighed. Then slammed his body to the bed.

"You need love, Minho, love of a woman who isn't your sister."

"But I love her. I love my sister." Minho said softly.

He ruffled his hair.

He was trapped in his own feelings, and now he's stuck too deep. He loves his own sister, it's too crazy. Although Sulli isn't his biological sister, but they grew up together as brother and sister like the others.

But he loves Sulli as a woman.

The feeling wasn't supposed to be there. The feeling that came from the concern now turned into a very deep love. Many times he tried to deny it, try to deny his own feelings, but he always fails. Even as he tried to establish a relationship with Suzy, he didn't get anything. Two years that he spent with Suzy just made him more certain that he can't love another woman besides Sulli.

Ddrrt ... Ddrrt ...

Kyuhyun name appears on his phone screen. "Hyung?" he asked without saying hello.

"You have to go to the hospital now! Suzy attempted suicide!"

"What?" Minho frowned.

"I can't explain it here, it's better now you go to the hospital. I've arrived at the hospital and I'll explain everything when you come later. Minho, Suzy needs you now."

And all of a sudden a black cloud came to his mind, covering everything, made ​​him unable to think of anything, except the long-haired girl named Suzy. The girl actually attempted suicide. The news was like lightning in daylight, very surprising. Minho suddenly remembered a photo sent by Suzy some time ago. After he hung up, he rushed toward the table in the corner of his room and opened the drawer. That is where he put the photo.

Minho take the photo, looked at it briefly with a restless and then, put it into his pocket. He take his jacket and wear it while walking out of his room. When he was about to down the stairs, he remembered something. Sulli. He couldn't possibly leave her at home alone.

Minho walked slowly to her door. A part of him wanted to go to the hospital, met with Suzy who may be struggling between life and death, but part of him whispered to not leave Sulli alone.

Minho sighed, then made ​​a fist.

"I'm sorry." he said.

He take key chain on a table located on the right side of her door, and with his own hands, he locked the door. He locked Sulli in her room.

That's sounds bad.  And he felt bad for doing it. He tried hard to calm himself, thinking that Sulli will sleep until morning comes, and of course, she would wake up after Minho got home.

However Sulli is very difficult to predict. Sometimes she wakes up in the middle of the night because of thirsty and if it happens this time, it'll be worst.

Thankfully, by the time he reached the hospital, the regrets that no longer bother him, but he is faced with another sense of regret when he saw Kyuhyun sitting in front of a room with a worried face.

Kyuhyun stood up after seeing Minho ran from the end of the hallway. "Where is she? How is she?" Minho asked as he arrived.

"She's inside. There are doctor and her parents." Kyuhyun replied that managed to make Minho rather quiet.

Kyuhyun then asked Minho sat down beside him. Minho shook his head and sighed heavily. He leaned back against the wall when Kyuhyun started to explain what really happened to Suzy.

Minho closed his eyes briefly, preparing himself for the worst of the news that he will be heard.

"Suzy admitted to hospital two days ago, she cut her veins, and thank God she can still be saved. After from your house, I came to her house and I just found out this news. And worse, when I got to the hospital , she again tried to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills as much as possible.This is crazy."

All he could do was shut up his mouth. He feels that he doesn't deserve to comment, even if he felt he shouldn't there because he is the person who was responsible for all of this. Minho is the reason why she did it.

"As someone who knew her, I'm asking you, Minho, to not let her down. Maybe I sounds cruel and selfish, but a girl like her shouldn't have experienced anything like this." Kyuhyun patted his shoulder

-

 

Her face was pale. Her eyes were closed. And the palms of her hands were cold. Minho awake beside her, watching how the girl fell asleep, praying that she won't to repeat her crazy idea to end her life. Minho grabbed her hands, occasionally blowing warm air from his mouth. The scars on her wrist like slicing his heart.

"This is the first time I met you even though I know that you're in a relationship with my daughter about two years ago,"

"Well, I'm sorry I didn't take the time to meet you, Mrs. Bae."

"I always wondered why she loves you, because you're handsome or because of your attitude? Is there something special about you? But after we met, I understand."

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Bae, I didn't mean to make Suzy like this. I'm sorry."

"If you're sorry ... could you get back on my daughter? Please."

Minho laid Suzy's hands on his forehead. The conversation with Mrs Bae few hours ago really made an impression. Back on Suzy isn't easy. Minho remains in his principle, Suzy will get hurt if they stay in touch because he can't give love as Suzy gave to him. And seeing Suzy lying like this is enough to make him down, he couldn't imagine what would happen later.

Minho looked at his watch on his wrist. Morning is near to come. Then, he took his phone in the pocket. Kyuhyun was still didn't reply his message. Minho clenched his teeth. Kyuhyun promised him to take care of Sulli if he stay in hospital and he promise to reply his messages when he got home, but after a few hours, there's no one message he get.

His eyelids move, not long after that Suzy opened her eyes slowly. Beside her, Minho looked enthusiastic because she finally wake up. Suzy immediately looked away, turning her head to the other side. She didn't seem surprised by his arrival and wasn't interested.

"I knew that my mother would called Kyuhyun oppa and he'll tell you to come here. So why be surprised?" she said after Minho asked her.

"How are you? Are you feeling better?" Minho asked.

"Why are you here? We have broken up, why do you still want to come here?" Suzy answer the question with another question.

"I came because I care about you."

"But I need more than just care, Minho."

"You need me, right?" Minho smiled, seemed so forced, but enough to make Suzy happy as can be see it again.

"You remember when I tell you that I don't like hospital? Hm, I wanna go home. The food is the worst." Suzy replied, act as if nothing happened between them despite the large distance between them was evident.

Minho nodded. "You want to eat something? I'll buy it for you."

"No, I don't want to eat anything."

"Why? Your head hurt?" Minho worried. He sat on the edge of the bed and put his palm to Suzy's forehead.

Suzy slowly shoved his hand, and asked Minho to help him sit up. That's when the moment where she could stare deeply into the eyes of Minho, she touched Minho's cheek, caressing it. She already tried. She had tried her best to be able to forget him but she couldn't. She has no power to forget him. She is weak. She needs him.

"I wish I could be more mature, if only I could bear it all alone, you don't need to be here to see me like this. Sorry." she said with tears. "I just want you to understand that I love you so much. Don't go away from me, Minho, stay here with me. What should I do to make you understand?"

And then, Minho hugged her, patted her shoulder gently and let Suzy cried in his arms.

"From now on, you have me again." he said at last.

 

 

 

 

author's note:

Thank you for supporting me this far. thank you for reading, subscribe, comments and even to vote.

There is a bit of a misunderstanding at first about Minho's feeling towards Sulli. I didn't explain it in detail because I think all will be fine. but in this chapter I've made ​​it clear that Minho likes Sulli as a woman.

Anyway, I will back to work starting tomorrow, and I've also back to school, I would find it difficult to update. I'll try my best but I hope you can understand me and be patient with me ^^