A cup of tea

Star That I Can't Reach

Chapter 12

 

 

Early in the morning, Minho had been waiting for Leeteuk in his office. He wanted to meet Sulli, more accurately bring her back home. Leeteuk still on his decision even though it's feel so heavy for him saw Sulli's condition getting worse in there. Every two hours, Leeteuk make sure her condition in her room or asked Taeyeon if she could visit her room. He also asked Taeyeon to report any progress that may occur on Sulli, but the results are nothing because Sulli is getting worse as time goes by.

"She's my sister, I'm the one who decide whether she will back home or not!" Minho pounded the table.

"And I'm her doctor," Leeteuk replied. "Minho, open your eyes! she needs medical treatment, she could have been cured if you leave her a little longer here. I have to tell you this because I care about you two, Sulli could have endangered lives of others or herself."

"It's impossible for her to hurt anyone else, Hyung,"

"So what happened to Suzy? Are you sure she will not repeat it again? She has a potential to hurt another people around her and maybe someday she will hurt herself." Leeteuk exclaimed.

Minho lowered his head, agree with Leeteuk. He didn't think of it before. But he still couldn't let Sulli stayed there any longer. He knew her, she will not survive.

"The truth about our father's death was really hurt her," Minho said.

"As a friend, I also don’t like to see her here without you but as a doctor, I want her to recover and rehab is the right choice. I couldn’t promise you she will be recover soon but I will try my best," said Leeteuk wisely.

"How is she now?" Minho asked. He was confused after hearing Leeteuk's advice. He also wants Sulli to healed, but it's still hard to leave Sulli alone.

"You want to meet her?"

Leeteuk took him to Sulli's room. They were accompanied by two officers. Minho looked at condition in rehab with anxiety. All patients were locked in the room with metal door that made it difficult for them to escape. Every afternoon the doctor came to check them. And the scary thing in his mind also happen, patients who make a fuss would be forcibly given a sedative.

They both arrived at the front of her room. Leeteuk asked the officers to stand outside while he entered the room with Minho. Sulli sit with her back on them, facing the window, staring out blankly. Every day her eyes became more and more swollen because not stop crying.

"Good morning," Leeteuk said as he approached her. "How are you? today I bring you a guest, look who's here," he held her shoulder.

Sulli didn't give a respond.

"Sulli..." Minho called.

Sulli looked back. Her eyes met the eyes of Minho. Her eyes stared at Minho. She blinked, make sure that figure is not part of her hallucinations. Minho looked at her closely, concerned about the girl's condition. Sulli get up and immediately hugged him. She began to cry in his arms, as well as Minho hugged her tightly. Both of them melt into tears and very deep longing after some days weren't met.

"I miss you," Minho whispered.

"Finally you came, I'm afraid..." said Sulli.

"Sorry ... "

Sulli took off his arms and pulled him toward the exit, "Let's go home, hurry up before they come!" she said in a rush.

Her step was stopped by two officers who heard it. Leeteuk sighed. Minho couldn't do anything about it. Leeteuk gave a sign that he could handle it and asked the officers to immediately leave.

"You can't go home now," Leeteuk said.

"Doctor... " Sulli  tightened her grip on Minho and said, "Minho, told him that I will go home now, we're going home."

Minho looked away, he might not be able to see her face who has changed into frightened when Leeteuk prohibit her to back home. He rubbed his face and then feel that Sulli's hand holding him very tightly.

"We'll go home, right?" Sulli emphasize her words.

When Minho removed her hand, there's only the pain that he could feel at the time. Her expression changed again, now she looks sad and may feel betrayed. Slowly but sure Sulli walked backwards away from him. "You can't go home now, Ssul, you're going to stay here," he said with a broken heart. " I will come again tomorrow to see you, you don't need to worry, I 'll stay with you so you will not be lonely."

"You're not Minho, you're not him!" Sulli almost shouted. She was hiding behind the back of Leeteuk, she's crying. "Doctor, I don't want to see him. He's not my brother. I was fooled, Doctor, he's not Minho." she said to Leeteuk.

"Ssul,"

"Minho will take me home, he would come later to pick me up. He's not my brother, Doctor,  I'm afraid, I don't want to see him," she added.

"Sulli, calm down," Leeteuk tried to intervene .

"Take him out! I don't want to see him! Go away! You're not him!" Sulli's going to hysteric. " I hate you! Get out!" she screamed with tears.

The tears eventually trickle. Her screams tear down his wall defense. He couldn't do anything to calm the hysterical Sulli in the arms of Leeteuk. She called out for Minho to stay away from her. In his lifetime , this is the first time where Minho feel useless and empty.

-

 

A cup of tea is the best friend for Kyuhyun. Today he had two appointments at once. Two appointments that so much important for him.

Kyuhyun waved when he saw Suzy had reached the front door of the restaurant. They both promised to meet today because Suzy wants to say something. Kyuhyun also want to ask about Minho's condition after knowing the news about Sulli.

Suzy sit in front of him. She doesn’t look good. Kyuhyun immediately aware of the bags under her eyes which were swollen, "are you sick?" he asked.

Suzy shook her head.

"How's Minho?" Kyuhyun asked again .

"I've never seen him worse than this," said Suzy who also slumped because of this incident.

"And what about you? I didn't know Sulli very well but I've never heard she hurt someone before," Kyuhyun worried, whoever he is worried about. He continued, "how about your wound?"

Suzy lowered her head at the question. A few moments later she raised her head with tears in her eyes. "It hurts, Oppa, I was better off dead." she cried as she grabbed her collar shirt.

"Suzy, what's with you?" Kyuhyun confused and panicked.

"This is all my fault. I- I didn't mean to do that, I don't want to make her go into rehab. I just want her to stay away from Minho, Oppa, what should I do now?"

"Suzy, what happened exactly? Why do you say this?" Kyuhyun still don't understand the real situation .

"I... I hurt my hand that night ..."

"What?" Kyuhyun was shocked.

Suzy explains the actual chronology of events in detail at Kyuhyun with tears. She was very sorry for her actions. She also told the reasons behind these actions. Jealousy, her suspicion on Minho, no one missing.

Kyuhyun was stunned at first when she finished the story. Suzy who that he knew could do such a thing, he never thought that the good-hearted girl whom he knew since a child could do it, but when he heard her explanation, he couldn't say anything. Although Suzy's action was wrong, but she has strong reasons even though it didn't make sense.

Love.

Jealous of her boyfriend's sister was very unreasonable. But Kyuhyun can accept that excuse if it is related to Minho. Kyuhyun knew him long enough. There was never any other women who get attention from him more than Sulli. All things in his life is only and for Sulli. His life centered on Sulli.

"Oppa, what should I do?" Suzy asked him.

 

 

Kyuhyun looked at his watch. If only he could repeat the time, he wouldn't come to this restaurant when Suzy asked him.

"Have you been waiting long?" Kyuhyun looked up. A girl with long hair gave him a smile. Kyuhyun noticed her eyes, there is a same bags under her swollen eyes with the girl he met before.

"It's okay, I've just come," Kyuhyun lied. "Hara, you seem not good," he said.

Hara is the second appointment today.

"I hope that after I talk to you I would look better," she replied.

"What is it? Is there something I can help you?"

"About Minho... Will you come home and see him? I don't know how to deal with him. Losing Sulli really made him sad," Hara told the anxiety that isn't much different with Suzy.

"Is his condition really that bad?"

Hara nodded, "He locked himself in the room. He didn't want to eat and drink. He kept saying that he isn't a good brother, I worry about him. I'm afraid something bad happens."

Kyuhyun didn't know what to answer. He was quite anxious to hear the current condition of his friend, but he couldn't open his mouth recklessly. Suzy's secret is in his mouth.

"What am I supposed to do now? I can't bring Sulli out of rehab, I couldn't make him cheerful again. I.. I.. " Hara sighed.

"You can do it.. " Kyuhyun held her hand.

Hara lowered her head. There is a doubt when she saw the bag in her lap. She wasn't sure to tell this to Kyuhyun since she's also not sure about what she was thinking. "Oppa .. " Hara said quietly, "Sulli isn't possible hurt someone.."

Kyuhyun gasped. He was prepared to hear what Hara says. Hara take out a scissors from her bag. The scissors are the same as the scissors that used to injure Suzy. The scissors was taken from the room without Minho permission.

"I'm not going to repeat my words again so please listen carefully," Hara took a breath, " .. What if Suzy hurt herself? I. .. I don't believe in Suzy. Sulli wouldn't hurt anyone."

Kyuhyun lost for words. He tried to show his poker face. Wondered to himself, where he will take sides? Who should he protect?

"Why don't you believe her? Suzy is your brother's girlfriend, you should believe her," Kyuhyun sipped his tea.

"Because Minho likes Sulli .." Hara said with confident. "Maybe it was a hallucination or whatever it's called, but I think that my brother likes Sulli and Suzy knows it."

Kyuhyun looked away from Hara while she talked, "I don’t realize it, maybe you and Suzy also didn't realize it but there is only one reason why Minho could so sad, even when he lost me and my mom, he can do better.I'm sad to lose her because she's my family, but Minho.. he's a little different,"

In his heart, Kyuhyun thought. All problems are clearly visible. There is no need to hide that. All the people involved already know the core of all these problems, but why this issue is still very complicated?

"His attitude on Sulli, a patience and affection he gave to her because he likes Sulli.. "

"Then if Suzy who's doing it, what are you going to do? Tell the truth to Minho will only make him more sad," Kyuhyun replied, "We need Sulli. Nobody will ever be able to make Minho back to normal except her,"

"But how can I take her home? Leeteuk oppa just going to let her come home when she was healed. You don't think I can heal her with my own hands, right?"

"Or what if we let Minho go crazy so he can catch up Sulli in rehab?" Kyuhyun make suggestions.

"Oppa!" Hara looked irritated. This is not the time for joking.

"Does Minho really likes Sulli? Are you sure?" Kyuhyun change the subject.

"I think so, he must really likes Sulli.. Oppa, sorry, I didn't mean to hurt Suzy by saying this," Hara also know how good Kyuhyun’s relations with Suzy.

Kyuhyun smiled faintly.

"It sounds crazy, right? Minho likes Sulli, he liked the girl who was mentally ill.." she said.

"If it's love, it had to be crazy."

-

 

Hara knocked on the door, Minho hasn't come out of the room after he came back from the hospital. This incident happen again. Because there is no answer, Hara opened the door and found the room was dark with no lighting.

"Minho ... "

Though in the dark, Hara found Minho was sitting on the floor, facing the window. He looked out, looked at the moon and the stars in the sky. Throughout her life, she never saw Minho dropped as  today. Hara touched his shoulder and then sat down beside him. They both stared out the window where the sunflowers looks so beautiful under the moonlight. Hara didn't know why all of a sudden her chest tightened and she cried with Minho.

"She said she was afraid, she was lonely, she wanted to go home... but I can't do anything about it. I left her alone. I made ​​her cry," said Minho.

Hara caressed his back. She felt what was felt by Minho. Although she hates Sulli before, but she did not deny that she was also care about her. She considered as her own sister. And she realized it after Sulli leave, she was very sorry for it.

"She'll be fine, trust me," said Hara.

"She's not fine. She's messed up, she didn’t have anyone there," Minho sobbed, "I failed to protect her, Hara, this is my fault."

"Don't say that! You're the best brother to us,"

Hara hug Minho, "we just need to let her stay there for a while, until she recovers.." she added into tears.

"What if she doesn't recover?"

"She will be recover, Minho, for you.. Sulli will definitely recover," Hara replied.

Minho looked at Hara. Her tears made ​​him more sad. Hara shouldn't cry like this. Minho was a brother, he should be in her position, calm his sister who was afraid. Losing Sulli feels really heavy and will be worse if he loses Hara too. Minho wiped Hara's tears, "Don't cry again!" he said softly.

"How can I not cry when I see you like this? Minho, don't be like this anymore! I'm afraid I'll lose you after I lost Sulli," Hara said.

Minho hugged her, patted her shoulder and her head, "I'm sorry.. I promise I will not be like this anymore! Don't cry anymore, Hara.."

"You promise?"

"Yes , I promise you."

Hara hugged Minho, "we have to get through this together, Oppa.. You and me, we should try to get Sulli again.."

The words were like a new spirit for Minho. Hara now supports Sulli as he did. Hara is no longer hate Sulli. That's good news and Hara call him as 'oppa'.. A word that Minho never heard from his own sister for a dozen years. It sounds very good.

Suzy, again and again, watched them from the doorway. She didn't have the slightest intention to entertain them. The longer she thought, she will be immersed in a feeling of guilt. Whatever she was doing and whatever she say, it wouldn't remove her fault.

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note :

Sorry for very late update.

I went out of town last week for work and when I came back, there was a lot of college stuffs waiting for me.

so how is it? do you like this new chapter? I feel there's something wrong because I wrote so many words of 'tears' and 'sadness' lately. now, I'm thinking about a chapter that can make you smile from ear to ear ^^ just wait a little longer, okay? :)