Chapter Six

Never Ending Love

IU woke up with a start. She doesn't know where she was. She doesn't know what time it was. She looks around the unfamiliar place until she spots Kris snoring on the floor. She has a flashback of what happened. 

'Stupid of me to faint in the middle of the sidewalk,' IU mutters under her breath as she hits herself lightly on the head.

"Mmmmmm. Don't call yourself stupid. It's not your fault you fainted," Kris moans as he rubs the sleep from his eyes.

IU jumps and yelps in surprise.

BANG!! 

"Ouch!" IU says as she rubs her head gingerly.

"Woops. Sorry. You alright?" Kris says now fully awake. 

IU looks down to sees Kris's eyes were full of guilt. 

"It's alright. Is this your place?" IU asks, twiddling her fingers.

Kris doesn't answer for a while. 

"Yes. Yes it is." Kris says as he stops IU from twiddling her thumbs.

IU looks up in surprise and sees herself face to face with Kris. Her heart starts to pound like crazy and all the blood rushes to her face. 

"What are you doing?!" IU squeaks.

Kris's only answer was a long, warm kiss. 

IU sits still, eyes wide of shock. She tries to pull away but Kris's grasp is firm. She had no choice but to accept the kiss.

After what seemed like hours to IU, Kris pulls away and grins. IU sits there in the bed still in wide shock. Her hands slowly comes up and touches her lips where Kris had kissed her.

Kris takes IU's right hand and says,"IU, please will you stay by my side?"

IU looks up. She could feel the tears streaming down her face as Kris hugged her.

"But what about Hyo Ri? What about the deal?" IU asks between her sobs.

"That deal is gone. Gone. Gone forever. Act like you never said that. Understand? I don't want to leave you like that again.." Kris says looking deeply into her eyes.

IU's lips trembles as she nods. Kris smiles in relief and put IU's head on his chest as she cried.

"Thank you IU. Thank you." Kris whispers into her ear.

IU looks up and says,"No Kris. Thank you for still loving me as I loved you."

This hit Kris hard which made him bring IU closer.

"I love you IU." 

"I love you too."