Revealing the Truth

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sitting in my room late at night, trying to read a book in my pajamas. I couldn't concentrate because of the hurtful memories that kept replaying in my mind. My phone buzzed away as Taecyeon kept calling me every ten minutes. I was starting to get annoyed with it.

I felt the presence of Kris standing at the doorway. I looked up and found him leaning against the door frame in his pajamas. "Hi."

"Hi," he said. He then entered my room, nicely and smoothly. He then sat on my bed. "So, are you feeling alright? You seemed a bit worried and upset at dinner." He gave me a concerned look.

"Oh. Yeah." I looked down and closed the book, seeing my phone saying my husband was calling. I immediately ignored the call.

Kris gave me a strange look. "Jessica, what is up with you and Taecyeon? You keep ignoring his calls and earlier Nichkhun said you needed to talk to him immediately. Did something happen between you two?"

I sighed. Maybe I should just let it out. It might help me feel a little better. "Alright. I'll tell you."

I got myself comfortable on the bed and let the deep breaths go through. "Taecyeon and I got into a fight." I felt tears forming in each of my eyes. "He betrayed me." I took a tissue from the bedside table and dabbed the tears onto it.

"Betrayed you how?" Kris grabbed another tissue and handed it to me. He held my hand for comfort.

I just wanted to cry at this point. "He was with another woman in bed, together." The tears were now streaming down my face. I dabbed my tears, but the tissue couldn't dry all my tears. I used the other tissue Kris gave me and wiped more tears.

Kris stared at me in disbelief. "Taecyeon and another woman together in one bed?"

I nodded.

"That does not sound like the Taecyeon I knew. Are you sure it wasn't an accident or something like that? You sure it was on purpose?"

I shook my head. "I left after seeing them. I didn't want to speak with him."

"Well, Jess," Kris started to say as he held my shoulders. "You never know if it was for real or not if you don't let him explain anything. Maybe it wasn't on purpose. Maybe something happened."

I shook my head again. "No. I don't want to speak with him. I need time to just heal myself before I go back to him." I sniffled through the tears.

Kris sighed deeply. "Jessica, I understand why you're here. You're just running away from the feelings. Listen, I'm not going to send you away that easily, but at least talk to him before you go. You can stay here as long as you need, but at least speak to him."

I nodded. "Okay. I will. Thank you, Kris. I don't know what I would do without you."

He gave me a hug. "Anytime. I'm always here for you, Jessie." He kissed my forehead before getting up. "Now, get some sleep. You'll need it. Just come to me if you need anything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter