Surprise

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was standing there in front of my eyes.

"Ta...Taecyeon?" I stuttered at my words, too shocked to know if it was reality.

The same toothy smile I knew appeared across his face. He knelt down at my side while I just sat on the bench. He faced me. "Jessica, I missed you." He suddenly wrapped his big arms around me, pulling me in for a hug.

I didn't respond to his hug due to the surprise. "Taecyeon, how did you know I was here?"

He pulled back, not releasing his hands from my shoulders. "Nichkhun told me you were in America after I begged him to tell me. I knew you would be here with Kris. I just knew it. And now I found you." He hugged me again.

When he pulled back the second time, he looked at me deeply. "Jess, I'm so so sorry I let you leave like that. You didn't deserve that from your husband." He used his fingers to brush away the strands of hair in my eyes. "I deserve any hate, but you know that all I care about is you. I love no other woman but you. You're the only one that I love. On June 20th, two years ago, I vowed my love to Jessica Jung Sooyeon that I would love and care for her in sickness and in health till death." He took my hand and kissed it. "And I vow to keep my promise to my wife."

I was practically in tears. I wanted to cry like a baby, but in public would be way too weird. I only just let the tears drop down my cheeks.

Taecyeon pulled out a tissue from his pocket and dabbed the droplets on my face then dabbed my wet eyes.

"Taecyeon," I cried.

Taecyeon pulled me in for a hug, calming my emotions. "Shh. It's alright. I'm here now. I'm here." He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.

I felt secure once again. I felt safe in his arms. I felt like I was home.

"Taecyeon," I said as I pulled away slowly. "I can't believe you're here. I mean it's such a surprise."

"Well," he said with a smile. "I couldn't risk losing my wife. I would just die."

I smiled at his response.

Taecyeon was completely cheeky and such a playful person, but he had his moments of romance in him. He was always so firm and caring when it came to romance. He was the protector and the one that loved so deeply. I don't know where I would be without him.

He took his hands in his. "Let's go home, Jess. Let me take you home." He stood up without letting go.

My smile turned upside down. "But Taec..."

"I know. You're feeling a bit homesick."

"No, Taec. I actually am feeling at home here in America. Kris has really brought the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter