Empty

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I had awaken early the next morning around 5am, ready to fly back home. I woke Nichkhun and he struggled to get himself to do this for me. But by the time we left, I knew Taecyeon wouldn't be awake yet.

We arrived at my house, both driving our own cars, and I went inside quietly. It sounded like Taecyeon was still asleep. I snuck into our room and he was sleeping on the bed, kind of in an uncomforting position. It seemed like he was having a heartache. I felt terrible, but I tried to remember everything. I'm sorry, Taec. You still broke my heart and I can never forgive that.

I went into our closet and packed my bags for my trip, not knowing how long I will be gone. I just prepared for the worst cases. After packing and gathering necessities, I wrote a note for Taecyeon and set it beside him where I used to sleep on the bed.

I stared at him, knowing he will be terribly worried about me and in great pain. My heart was aching for him, but I still won't forgive him. "Taecyeon," I whispered quietly. "I love you. Always will." I leaned over and kissed him deeply, not awakening him. "Take care." I placed one final butterfly kiss on his forehead before grabbing my things and leaving the room.

I had my belongings and I was ready to go. I left the house and saw Nichkhun was waiting for me at his car.

"Ready?" he asked.

I nodded as I piled my things into his car. I sat in the passenger seat as Nichkhun sat beside me.

"Are you sure this is what you want to do, Jess?" Nichkhun asked me. "You won't regret this?"

I sighed and bit on my bottom lip. "I'm sure. If Taecyeon truely loves me, he will learn to understand my feelings and my decisions. Same for you, Khun. Please understand why I'm doing this."

He sighed heavily as we began to drive down the road. "I do understand. I just hope you won't regret this."

I looked out the window and sighed again. "I hope so, too," I mumbled to myself. Taecyeon, I already miss you dearly. I love you.

 

 

Taecyeon's POV

I had woken up to the sound of my alarm clock and it blinked 740. I groaned and really missed the sound of my wife waking me up. Jessica, wherever you are, I really miss you. Come back to me. I promise to make it better.

I turned off the alarm and felt the cold space next to me. I guess you didn't come home.

I looked up and saw that there was a note on her pillow. I grabbed it and saw it was her handwriting. She was here. I looked over the note, scanning every word she had written and what it said.

 

Taecyeon,

By the time you read this note, I will already be gone. I made this decision to clear my mind. If you truely love me, then you will respect my decision. I didn't want to argue or fight. But looking at you just made the heartache worse, so I left to make things better for me. This isn't forever. Just temporary.

I hope to one day see you again where I can say, "I love you."

Please don't bother about where I am. Just let my heart heal. I miss you so much. And I will always love you.

Jessica

 

She's gone? Where?! The only thing that came to my mind was that she was gone. Gone! Where could she be?!

I took the note and held it close to my heart. My heart felt emp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter