Second Husband

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived at the office around 845. I was on time. I walked casually into the building, greeting all the workers I passed on my way up to Nichkhun's office.

When I got to the top floor, I walked to his office, knocking on the door. "Khun, it's me."

"Come in." I heard him grant me entrance. I opened the door and he was sitting at his desk filling out paperwork. "Hello." I made a little bow to greet my boss. I smiled as I approached his desk.

Nichkhun laughed at me. "Sica, you don't have to be so formal with me here. You know that. We're buddies."

I blushed in embarassment. "I just feel it's more appropriate to address you formally here since I'm working for you now." I sat down in the comfy chair that sat on the other side of his desk, holding my files in my lap.

He chuckled. "Jess, we've known each other since middle school. We can be buddy-buddy at work."

I shrugged, trying to smile the atmosphere away.

Nichkhun laughed again and then cleared his throat. "Anyways, thanks for coming in early. I had a little file for you to look over." He handed over the manilla folder to me. "Just tell me what you think and then report back to me."

I nodded. "I can get right on it." I stood up, about to walk out the door when he called me again, "Jess." I turned to look at him. "Yes?"

"How are you and Taec doing? Is he still being the little erted boy that he is?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Khun!" I exclaimed. But I nodded at him, letting out a dramatic sigh. "He's so desperate. I'm just making him wait. He still wants to kill you for pranking him about us having ."

Nichkhun laughed really hard. "Yeah. He wishes. I still have that picture of him that he says will haunt him till the day he dies."

I began to pout. "I still want to know what it is! Why won't you show me?!"

"I will show you when the time is right. I told myself only when it's really needed to be seen by his wife."

I sighed again, making a face at him. "Ugh! You're going to make me fond over that picture until I see it."

"That was the point."

I held up my fist towards him and he just mocked me. "Oh, shut up." Then I walked out of his office, hearing him laugh at me. I shut the door behind me. What could that picture be? Could it be Taecyeon's most embarassing moment kind of thing? Or is it something more gruesome than that?

I decided to forget about the picture and worry about what Nichkhun needed for me to do.

Nichkhun was always like a second husband. I know that sounds weird, but he's always been there for me, at least while I'm here in Korea. My actual best friend lives in the states, where I grew up with him, but me and Taecyeon ended up here in Korea. I visit my best friend from time to time, but I don't see him as often anymore. But Nichkhun was always like my second husband when Taecyeon isn't there. When Taecyeon couldn't make it to one date night, he sent Nichkhun to spend it with me so I didn't feel lonely. So I always called Nichkhun my second husband, and he even knows it.

 

After I finished Nichkhun's extra files, I decided to make a phone call to my husband to see if he's doing alright.

"Hello?"

"It's the wife." I got myself smiling.

"The wife? I have no wife." I could hear him teasing me. He was chuckling on the other line.

"Taecyeon! Don't be fooling around with me!" I shouted into the phone. I wanted to play the bad guy. I always love making him feel guilty about himself or so. He's so easy to guilt-trip.

"I'm sorry, Baby. I just wanted to tease you."

"Gosh. Why you such a dork?"

"Cause I have a lovely and beautiful wife that makes me that way."

I could feel myself blushing immediately. I hate it when he just makes his compliments more mushy. "Ugh. Must you always be chessy and so mushy? You know that's not my thing."

"I know, but I do it because I love you so much. And I love to piss you off." He laughed at me from the other line. "So Baby, why'd you call? You know I need to get work done."

"I know. But I really missed you and I just needed to hear the sound of your voice." Now I sounded mushy.

"Now you're sounding mushy, Dear. Besides, after work, you're all mine."

"Don't get me started. And also, Nichkhun is still not going to show me that picture of whatever it is you hate!"

"Well that's good!" He laughed again. "I don't want you to ever see it!"

"Why not? You're going to make me so curious and I'm going to cry and pout because you won't let me see it."

"Good. I like it when my wife begs."

"Ugh! You're hopeless!"

"I love you, too, Sweetie. Now I really have to go. I'll call you later after lunch. I promise. Okay?"

I sighed and just let out a smile. "Okay. Work hard. I love you."

"I will and I love you."

We both hung up the phone and I got back to work on some more files.

 

Around lunch time, I just finished sorting more files for the boss. I checked my phone if any messages from Taecyeon came. None did. I sighed out loud and I heard a knock on my door. "Come in."

At the door was Nichkhun. He had a smile on his face.

I stood up and bowed to him. "Hey. Is there something you need?"

He shook his head and closed the door. "No. I was just wondering if you wanted to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter