My Best Friend

Through Thick and Thin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived in the California in the late morning United States time. I had made a call to my best friend to come pick me up from the airport when I arrived at the terminal. He should be here.

I got off the plane, grabbing my small belongings and headed to the baggage claim to get my bags. I stood there and grabbed my belongings as they came about.

I my phone to check any messages from him. None yet.

I headed over to the terminal, hoping that he would pick me up soon. I didn't want to wait there long and look like he completely forgot about me. Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

 

From: Ice Prince:)

Hey Princess! I'll be there soon! Don't worry! :)

 

I smiled. I finally get to see my best friend after many long months. Last time I flew to the states was when Taecyeon and I had our honeymoon. We flew to the states to come see our families first and then went all the way north to Niagara Falls. I miss Taecyeon so much now.

I looked at my phone. Should I call him? That question kept playing in my mind. I wanted to, but my heart was telling me to heal first and wait some more. I let out a deep sigh, just listening to my heart.

Just then, a pair of arms were wrapped around my body. I jumped at the sudden backhug. I pushed the person away. "Hey! Get off of me!"

"Hey. That's not how you should greet your best friend."

I looked up at the person and there he stood. He was super tall, blond headed and had the most cold looking face. He was the ice prince and I was called the ice princess. Together, we created the Arctic atmosphere.

A big smile crept on my face. "Kris!" I then jumped back at him and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"It's good to see you, too, Jessie," he said kindly as he wrapped around me again.

I pulled back and grabbed my belongings as we walked towards his car at the terminal. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too. You should visit more often or come back unexpectantly more often." He chuckled as he loaded my things into the car and shut the trunk.

I shrugged. "Well, I had my reasons to come back. I'll tell you later." I got myself settled in the passenger seat and he shut the door after I sat down.

He jogged around to the driver's seat and began to drive off away from the airport. "I just can't believe you're here. I mean, it's been what? Two years since I last saw you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I guess I do need to visit more often. Or maybe you should come visit me more often." I sent over a playful punch on his shoulder.

"But I never have time to go. I wish I could. Maybe I'll visit you later this year." He had a hopeful smile on his face.

I smiled back, just remembering my fight with Taecyeon. I let out a deep sigh before looking out the window, enjoying the view of my beautiful home that I have missed very much.

Kris seemed to be concerned about me. He kept glancing at me every minute to see if I was alright, but since he was driving, he tried not to worry about it and continued watching the road.

 

Kris pulled up in front of his house where he lived on his own and helped me out of his car.

I stepped onto his driveway, taking a whiff of the fresh air around me, bringing back the memories we had together. "OMG. It's been way too long, Kris since I've been home."

He chuckled as he grabbed my suitcase out of his car. "I know. You seriously should come down more often." He locked the car and walked me to the front door to enter his home. "Welcome home, Jess." He opened the door and I was surprised to see how much clean up he's done to the house since the last time I visited him.

"Kris, I'm surprised. You've really cleaned up ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter