February, 2024

-2024-
 
 
February, 2nd 2024


 

Ugh. Heo Youngji thought as looking back at herself at the mirror, watching tentatively how the stylist team had been busy from very early morning. No, she didn’t think of dozing off on her bed like what she usually did exactly at 7.15 AM before dragging her body lazily to toast some bread or heat up last night’s leftover, but in fact, she did feel so eager about this day.

“Hey Youngji-ah, sorry Jackson is stuck up with me.” From her left side Youngji heard Min’s voice ringing and a grimace was what greeted Youngji when she turned her head.

O yeah, except that one creature.

“I’m sorry that you are the one who is stuck up with him, unnie.” Youngji deadpanned, crunched her nose in annoyance while throwing the elder girl a sympathy look.

“Are you two bickering again?” Fei who was sitting at the near end piped in, turning her head toward Youngji’s direction so the youngest could see her face which full of curiosity.

“Again?” Jimin and Jia followed Fei’s gesture, eyes rounded in disbelief.

“We,”

A message blinked on Youngji’s phone, made her grabbed it to check and forgetting the answer to Fei. Reading for seconds, a frown was set immediately on her face.

“Excuse me, are you done with me? I need to go somewhere.” Politely, Youngji asked one girl who had done with her make up. Earning nonchalant nod, she got up from her chair.

“Unnies, sorry, I’ll be heading first.” Youngji said the excuse to Min, Fei and Jia who just looked back at her in confusion. “That brat surely gonna keep me busy!” She muttered under her breath, but quite loud for the other five to hear.

“Eh, they are never change?” Yerin who was silent for the entire time finally spoke up as Youngji was gone behind the door.

“I know, right? Glad I’m not with that brat.” Jimin snickered, grinning to her label mates and only made Min’s frown deeper.

*

Youngji opened the door of one special room and for a moment she’s kind of stunned seeing him handsomely tucked in his crisp suit. His smile added the charm to the max level and melted her heart, but if she remembered last night, ugh. Youngji thought Jackson was definitely not that charming anymore.

Silly! She muttered, taking three steps closer.

“Oh, nuna! You’re here!” The door was suddenly opened again, revealing Bambam, Yugyeom, Mark and Youngjae as the four—already handsome and groomed—walking in and occupying one sofa in the room.

“Anneyeong.” Youngji gave them a sweet brief smile before focusing on her task again; putting a knit tie around Jackson’s neck.

“Nuna, how are you? Is everything okay?” Bambam cutely asked—and that wasn’t weird at all, because Bambam only meant cuteness even when he almost hit thirty.

The guys looked at her expectantly and Youngji thought it was rude if she didn’t look back at them.

“I’m fine. Thank you for asking, Bammie.” She replied, stopping for a moment what she’d been doing earlier.

“How about the baby’s name?” Mark’s question was out of nowhere, caught Youngji off guard.

“Nuna, do you think I’m cute?” Bambam butted in again, giving no chance for Youngji to answer about the baby’s name.

Youngji chuckled. “You are.”

“Then you can name him Bambam!” Bambam yelled excitedly, ignoring his band mates who gagged at his shameless suggestion and Jackson even gave him an extra disgusted glare.

Youngji still chuckled. “Should I?”

“Yes!”

“No way!”

Feeling suddenly annoyed, Youngji turned her head at previous direction, shooting Jackson a death glare.

“And why is that?”

Jackson stared back at her in disbelief.

“Because Wang will sound ridiculous with Bambam tailing behind their names!”

Youngjae and Yugyeom burst out laughing while Mark still considering Jackson’s pride, he tried holding his laughter. Bambam looked offended but no one cared.

Youngji scoffed. “Sure. And Wang can never wear tie by his own self.”

Jackson sighed. “Are you still upset?”

Instead of answering, Youngji almost choke the latter by tying the knot tightly—on purpose. After several coughing, she let him go.

“Geez, woman!” Jackson hissed but shut up immediately once Youngji’s eyes met his. He could only smile meekly.

Once again Youngjae and Yugyeom burst out laughing watching how their wild-and-y-hyung turned into meek-and-helpless-hyung in front of that one nuna.

Youngji almost finished her task when suddenly Mark throwing out unexpected remark, for the second time.

“You are really short, Jackson. Like really, you are short, dude!”

At the voice of Mark’s exclamation, Youngji smiled victoriously and Jackson kind of didn’t appreciate it.

“It’s because she wears her high heels again although I’ve told her not to!”

Jackson darted a scowl glare toward Youngji’s heels, felt so threatened by the sight of the pair. It was true though, when the two stood close to each other, face to face, Mark, Bambam, Youngjae and Yugyeom didn’t deny that Youngji’s height almost overtopped his.

“What did you expect? I’m wearing flats at the wedding?” She glared back at him.

“You can take a rest from those for a while.” Jackson furrowed one eyebrow as if telling her that was the basic knowledge all people in the world knew. “And giving your current situation, it won’t hurt, right?”

Maybe all of what he said was true, but for Youngji all of what he said was nothing than driving her more annoyed.

“It will.” She deadpanned.

Jackson heaved a sigh. Are all the women same like her? “I know you are still upset with me. But I assure you I didn’t do anything wrong, because that was for your sake.”

For seconds both Youngji and Jackson had a staring contest while in the background the other four of GOT7 members enjoying the live episode of the two’s banters in front of them. They had seen much, but it was still interesting to watch as Yugyeom cracked a bit of smile.

Youngji broke the gaze and walked toward the door, Jackson’s tie was nicely done and a nod was thrown toward the four, excusing herself. At the same time the door was swung opened and Doojoon greeted them.

“Hey guys.”

Jackson was more than happy seeing today’s MC.

“Hyung!” He went for a hug. “This woman here is still mad at me because I didn’t give her permission to go last night.” He continued to whine after the friendly hug ended.

Doojoon chuckled, turned his attention toward Youngji who was frowning and glaring at the blabbermouth named Wang Jackson. “Is that true, Youngji-ah?”

Youngji’s expression automatically changed as she faced Doojoon, pouting cutely. She could hear Jackson snickered at her action but the hell she cared.

“It’s been long time since I got the chance to meet them all, of course I miss them, oppa! But one inconsiderate guy here kept nagging me because of my current ‘condition’, like I should just lay off on the couch for the whole days!”

“Yah,”

“It’s KARA’s reunion, my group and dream that had been through with me for the past years!”

Youngji didn’t even glance at Jackson as cutting whatever he had to say, fast. The rest of GOT7 are sending each other a look while Doojoon still chuckling at Youngji’s ranting.

“Chill, Youngji-ah. I’ll give you happy news then. It was cancelled. There’s no reunion last night.” Seeing a skeptical look on Youngji’s eyes, Doojoon added. “You can ask Gyuri. Oh, look! I think your unnie is already here.” Doojoon exclaimed after checking his phone once it blinked.

“Guys, there’s something I want to inform you, but first I have to meet my wife since she’s just come. Stay here, will you?” Doojoon announced as looking at Jackson, Mark, Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom before proceeding toward the door. Youngji followed him, still pouting.

“Whoa, marriage surely is hard, isn’t it, Jackson hyung?” Youngjae commented once Doojoon and Youngji were out of sight.

Jackson could only sigh and received Mark’s supporting pats on the shoulder in return.

*

“Oh, Yoreumie, anneyeong!”

Once Youngji spotted the figure of her unnie together with a little girl, she walked faster to approach them. She smiled widely and hugged Yoon Yoreum affectionately. Doojoon pecked Gyuri’s lips before taking turn to hug and lift his daughter.

“How come Yoseob didn’t come with you?” He asked his wife as furrowing his eyebrows.

“Jiyoung’s plane was delayed, so he picks her up now.”

“Unnie, how are you? Is it true that the reunion was cancelled?” Youngji couldn’t contain her curiosity any longer. She was straight to the point right after hugging the woman who had once led her group well. Gyuri laughed a bit seeing her impatience.

“I’m okay Youngji-ah, and yeah, the reunion is postponed until a week later, I think.”

Youngji sighed in relief. “I was so eager to meet all of you again after a long time but Jackson being whiny kept nagging me not to go last night.” She whined.

“Aigoo, it’s only because he cares for you, maknae.” Gyuri smiled reassuringly and Youngji’s head gently (although it made her tiptoeing due to the height gap between them).

“Oh, by the way, where is Chanyoungie?” Youngji suddenly noticed that Yoreum’s big brother was not with Gyuri.

“He didn’t want to separate with Bona so he will come with Hara.”

The two women turned their head as suddenly hearing a snort that came from Doojoon, Yoreum was still in his arms.

“That kid!” He muttered under his breath.

“Relax, Honey, it’s just because Junhyung bought new toy for the kids. Chanyoung is too immersed with that new thing.”

Youngji did her silent laugh as seeing a perfect picture of family in front of her. A new message suddenly popped up on her phone screen and made her in hurry after reading it.

“Unnie, oppa, I’ve got to go!” She excused herself. “I’ll see you later, Yoreumie, bye bye.” And planted a quick kiss on Yoreum’s cheek before walking away from the Yoon family.

“Yah, don’t run, Heo Youngji! You need to be careful, and you’re even wearing high heels!” But Gyuri’s loud yell was ignored by the latter. “Aish, that girl.”

*

I hope he’s okay. I hope he’s okay.

That was what’s running on Youngji’s mind as her step approaching another room. Feeling anxious, she yanked the door knob harshly.

“Yah, Im Jaebum!” She rushed toward one of two guys in the room who tucked nicely in his white suit, barking. “Something big better happened because I’ve run all the way here!”

“Nothing happens, chill, Mama.” Instead of Jaebum, Jinyoung was the one who responded her anxiousness.

“What?!” Youngji snapped. She had counted that two people had ordered her to chill, and she didn’t quite like it.

“I, I just need to talk to you.” Jaebum finally spoke up, and Youngji could see the flick of fear and nervousness reflected on his eyes.

“Can you pretend that I’m a wall? I’m curious too.”

“Get out, Jinyoung!”

“Yes, Mama.”

The room was quiet now with only two people inside. Youngji took a step closer to the handsome groom, face softened as lips tugging a warm smile—reassuring.

“Hey, what is it? Please tell me.” Her voice turned out soft and soothing while her hand touched his shoulder, squeezing it gently.

Jaebum sighed. He looked at the woman in front of him and earned a calmness which he needed from her eyes. They had been in a program together before for two years, beside Youngji was already like another mother for GOT7, so Jaebum felt it was only right to spill everything to her—his best girl friend.

“Have you checked on her?” Jaebum let out his worrisome, sounding heavy.

“Not after I got my make-up done, but I came to her room before. She’s okay, Jieun unnie is with her and Jiyoung will arrive soon.” Youngji replied, gave him a questioning look.

“This is so nerve wrecking and, emm,”

Youngji saw Jaebum bit his lower lip that only indicating the burdensome he felt was out of hand. She always saw that when he was uncertain and couldn’t think of anything.

“Truthfully, we had a little debate last night.” He mumbled. “I just, I was afraid if this could bring regret to her later, but, she didn’t grasp what I mean, and we… fought.”

There was silent while Jaebum kept lowering his head and Youngji tried calming him with gentle repeatedly on his shoulder. After she got the feel of the right timing, Youngji opened .

“Honey, remember when I locked myself right before I had to walk through the aisle?” She asked, smiling.

Jaebum lifted his head and nodded, puzzled on his eyes but still returning her smile.

“We fought too, the night before. And I’m worried too, like a lot. I mean, I was like Heo Youngji, are you sure you’re gonna end up the rest of your life with the man who always picks a fight rather than a peace every time we meet?” Youngji’s smile got even wider upon remembering the memory that always warmed her heart whenever it suddenly popped up into her mind.

Jaebum’s smile turned more sincere as the memory also flooded back into his mind, before his smile twisted again and now into teasing mode.

“But you two are the infamous bickering couple, of course the rest of your life will be only about fighting with each other.”

“Shut up, that’s not the point!” Youngji scowled. “Then you came and showed me the crucial point why we even bothered preparing an exhausting party and dressed up extravagantly only for that one day, you asked me if I loved him—“

“And you answered without hesitation even for a second, telling you did love him through your teary eyes.” Jaebum finished her line.

Youngji was tilting her head, nodding and smiling knowingly.

“And I still love him, till now, and will always do. That is the main point of all the nerve wrecking, the nervousness, the worrisome. And I believe you love her, don’t you?”

“So much.”

They stared at each other, smile never left their face.

“And she loves you as much as you do, Jaebummie. You know that too.”

Jaebum nodded and hugged her.

“Thank you, Mama. Really.”

“Anytime, Leader.” Youngji patted his back, affectionately. “Now get ready and wait for Suji with the usual proud smile of yours on the aisle.”

*

The wedding ceremony was finally over after Doojoon as the MC said the closing, and people filled in the dance floor now. The super handsome Im Jaebum and breathtaking Bae Suji—as the groom and the bride—danced first, and everybody’s cheering for them. The rest of GOT7 and Miss A as the groomsmen and bridesmaids also joined the crowd, except for one person who walked straight to the table where Youngji’s at. She was at the table together with Park Gyuri, Yoon Chanyoung, Yong Bona, Goo Hara, Yong Junhyung, Yang Yeosob and Yoon Yoreum.

“Uncle Jack!” Little Yoreum on Youngji’s lap yelled excitedly, pointing at Jackson who smiling widely in return.

“Ah, you’re right. Here goes your favorite uncle,” Youngji’s eyes followed Yoreum’s index finger, commented with a delightful smile plastered on her face.

“Hello there, Sweet Summer. Do you miss me?” Jackson leaned forward and gave a light kiss on the girl’s cheek as Yoreum laughed happily. He always loved calling the little girl with his own pet name since yoreum means summer—and this one adorable girl was surely a summer’s sweetness.

Doojoon came afterward, and was slightly unhappy with what he’s seeing; Chanyoung looked too engrossed with whatever Junhyung showed him, Bona was right by his side while Yoreum stretched her arms, so eager to be  lifted by Jackson—both of them seemed uninterested with the present of their own father.

“Great. All my children prefer other guys as their dad.” He groaned.

Gyuri chuckled. “Hey, that only means we have our own time. Aren’t you gonna ask me to dance?”

Doojoon still grumbled a bit, but eventually he let it go and seize the chance to rebuild up the romance with his beloved wife.

“Wanna dance too, babe?” Junhyung asked Hara after the leader couple left the table, turned his head and took a glance at the woman beside him. “Yoseob can watch the kids, and there’s Youngji and Jackson too.”

“What? I thought I was invited here as a guest, not a babysitter?”

The four adults laugh at Yeosob’s sarcastic remark, but still, Junhyung and Hara left him with Bona and Chanyoung under his watch.

“Oppa, look, there’s Jiyoung!” Youngji exclaims when she spots a familiar figure waving at their direction, lets Yeosob know with her finger pointing at Jiyoung. “You can go into the dance floor too, oppa. I will watch the kids.”

Yeosob chuckled. “Still being a sweetheart, aren’t you, Youngji-ah?”

“Yes. My sweetheart.” Jackson suddenly butted in, emphasizing the word ‘my’ while throwing a knowing look at his sunbae.

Again, Yeosob chuckled. “And you are still being an annoying little brat, Wang Jackson.”

Jackson smiled full of himself not caring the glare Youngji darted at him. She slapped lightly his right arm once Yeosob walked away from the table.

“Look, Yoreumie. Your aunt is being mean to me.” Jackson playfully whined toward the little girl in his arm and made her defend him with her adorable lisp voice.

“Aunchie, don’t hit Uncle Jack.”

Youngji rolled her eyes but still showing her smiling face when replying to the little girl.

“Oh my little baby, you choose a wrong guy to be your favorite.”

“Hey!”

“What? It’s true though.”

“So I am a wrong choice of yours too?”

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Wang Jackson. Who says you are my favorite?”

And Jackson really couldn’t stand the smirk Youngji gave on her face. “Yah!” He scolded.

But before Youngji could retort back, Mark and Mina came and joined them.

“Aren’t you two tired of bickering with each other?” Mark commented while Mina gave Youngji a friendly hug before kissing Yoreum’s cheek. Then she walked toward the two kids who were too immersed on their seat watching tab that placed on the table in front of them.

“Aigoo, Chanyoungie, Yong Bona, please give Aunt Mina a kiss on the cheek, will you?”

Jackson turned his head from watching Kwon Mina greeted Chanyoung and Bona, and he fully faced his best friend now.

“She’s unbelievable. She said that I’m not her favorite.” Jackson furrowed one eyebrow as Youngji snorted at his nonsense.

“I don’t see what’s wrong with that!”

Mark looked at Youngji then at Jackson. “Why did I bother come to you guys?” He mumbled to himself. “You two are the reason why I get skeptical about marriage.”

“Oppa!” Youngji pouted. “If you don’t hurry, you will be the last of GOT7 member who gets married! Just propose to Mina now, oppa!”

“What?” Mina piped in at the other side of the table, shooting a disapproval look at Youngji. “I need a pretty decent proposal for answering with ‘I do’, Youngji-ah.”

Mark chuckled nervously. “What’s with the hurry, Youngji-ah? With the exception of this guy and leader, there’s still other four to be married before I can be labelled as the last.” He smartly avoided Youngji’s suggestion, and then continued on. “Besides, I do work on a proper proposal, not like somebody who carelessly proposed his girlfriend to make up with her.”

“Yah, Mark Tuan!”

“I know right, oppa?”

“Yah, Heo Youngji!”

“Seriously though, Wang Jackson, you made Gukjoo unnie paid for oppas!”

Eyes flickered darkly right after those words came out of Youngji’s mouth, Jackson tried hard not to explode. It was surely hard when everyone reminded him how foolish he was yet he knew exactly how foolish he was. And for being favorite uncle of Yoreum, he shouldn’t lose control that easily.

But Youngji didn’t falter though, even a bit. She was still in her gloomiest expression like all the miseries she’d been through was all thanks to the one and only Wang Jackson.

“I was disappointed too with that nuna. Why didn’t she believe me once? Glad Dongwook hyung always trusted in me no matter what.” Jackson defended.

“Is it about that famous bet?” Mina finally joined ‘the adult talk’ since Chanyoung and Bona obviously ignoring her. “About when will you two get married?”

“No, it’s about how dumb Jackson is to feel Dongwook oppa was on his side when clearly what oppa wanted was just winning the bet.” Youngji gladly explained and added a snort at the end of her sentence. “Seriously, you, Wang Jackson.”

“Yah. Heo Youngji.”

Sensing the bickering led into serious one, Mark could only furrow an eyebrow before ushering Mina and his own self to leave the scene. Because whenever Mark heard Jackson using that one special tone, it only meant seriousness. And trapped between those two’s serious fight was a big no-no.

“What?” Youngji still wore the-it’s-all-your-fault-expression, pouting her lips now.

“Uncle, Aunchie, don’t fight.” Instead of Jackson’s replaying, came Yoreum’s squeak like an alarm. Both Jackson and Youngji turned their head toward the little’s direction with smile automatically set on their face.

“Yeorum-ah, we’re not fighting. You know how much your aunt loves Uncle Jack so much, right?”

Youngji rolled her eyes listening to Jackson’s cheeky explanation, but a sweet smile appeared on her face nonetheless.

“Aish, you give the wrong impression of love to an innocent child, Uncle Jack.”

Apparently Yeorum’s parents already ended their dance session and came back to the table where Youngji and Jackson watched the kids. Doojoon took his little girl from Jackson’s arm and showered her with kisses.

“That’s why I’m worried to leave my baby alone with him.” He added what his wife previously said. “Jackson definitely not the best uncle.”

“Hyung,” It’s like Wang Jackson was set to be whiny whenever his sunbae-in-law was around. “How could you?”

“Alright you two. Instead spending the whole day bickering back and forth, you should join the slow dance now.” Gyuri stopped Jackson’s whining right away.

“But unnie, I—“

Shush!” With a small force, Youngji and Jackson walked hand in hand to the dance floor.

*

Acoustic version of Save The Last Dance for Me sung beautifully by Im Jaebum as special performance gift for his bride, Bae Suji. It was favorite of Jackson and Youngji too, as they began swaying their body slowly followed the rhythm. There’s no more noisy fight between them, instead they only stared at each other with sweet smile attached on their own lips.

Hands on Jackson’s shoulder, Youngji took a glance at the bride and groom. “I’m just so glad they finally make it.” She sighed, already placing back her stare at Jackson’s black orbs.

“Me too, baby.” Jackson whispered, pulled her closer toward his body.

“Now it’s not just me who trapped in forever with you guys.” Her smile was a teasing one.

Jackson pouted but then gave a peck at Youngji’s nose. His breath stayed there for a while, tickled her face before he spoke up. “Thank you for staying by my side.”

Youngji chuckled softly as returning the peck on Jackson’s lips. “I’m sorry for giving you a hard time today.” She presented her sweetest smile which could melt Jackson right away.

“Nah, it’s okay.” Leaning in so his forehead rested on hers, Jackson whispered again. “I know it’s the baby.” The first trimester of pregnancy in Youngji’s case really had her on roller-coaster mood swing.

But then he straightened his body, his eyes were investigating.

“Speaking about baby, you’re not serious about Bambam’s idea, right baby?”

The horror look on his face was so funny for Youngji to watch. She lets out a chuckle. “Of course not.” Her smile made his frown disappear at instant. “I wanna name her Sybil.”

Jackson’s frown was back. “If the baby is a she, right?”

Youngji could sense something fishy right away, she began wearing her skeptical look. “What do you mean, Wang Jackson?”

Uh-oh.

“N-no.” Jackson stammered. “I mean, it’s just,” He tried not to waver with a death glare Youngji thrown now. “Dongwook hyung bet a girl for our baby, and… I said no, it must be a boy.” He set his best puppy eyes.

Youngji’s eyes already formed a slit. “But I want the baby to be a she.”

Uh-oh.

Oh, baby won't you save the last dance for me?

Ooh, you make the promise that you save the last dance for me

Save the last dance, the very last dance for me

“Bae Suji,” Suddenly the husky voice of Jaebum echoed through the hall after he finished the song. “Thank you for agreeing to spend the rest of your life with imperfect guy like me. Let’s wish our marriage is full of happiness and less of bickering with each other like the couple over there.”

Uh-oh!

Now Wang Jackson and Heo Youngji were in spotlight, everybody watching them before bursting out in laughter. The hall suddenly became noisy.

“That brat!” Youngji muttered under her breath, hiding her face on Jackson’s chest.

 

“YAH, IM JAEBUM!”

 


So don't forget who's taking you home

Or in whose arms you're gonna be

So, darling, save the last dance for me



 

 

congratulation for whoever made an effort to finish reading this ;A;