And So It Begins

Foes or Friends

"Ready, girls?!"

 

"Neh!"

 

"Okay! 5, 6, 7, 8!" Music starts blaring through the dance studio as nine girls begin to dance in synchronization. Feet landing on the ground from jumps, arms thrown in the air at precise angles, and gliding across the floor without any mishaps. All the while, the girls attempt to sing their parts, happily and not sounding out of breath. As the song reaches to an end, the girls take their final step forward and look straight ahead, chests moving up and down rapidly.

 

"Great job, guys! You may sit." A huge sigh let out as the girls collapsed to the floor.

 

"Thanks, Boa unnie!" one member said to their coach.

 

"Oh, floor! How I have missed you," another member said lovingly to the floor.

 

"Alright, alright. I know you guys are tired, but it's worth it because you're performing in the first round of the vocal/dance competition tomorrow." The girls yelled "Woohoo" tiredly. "Oh come on. Is that the best you got? You're performing tomorrow!" The girls sat up and shouted happily. "Now THAT'S more like it." Everyone giggled and laughed at their goofiness.

 

"So, I want you guys to go home and REST YOUR VOICES. They are one of your greatest assets for tomorrow. Now run along, you little kids."

 

"Yah! We're only a couple of years younger than you, unnie!" One of the shorter members said to Boa.

 

"That may be true, but your maturity age is questionable." Boa giggled at the girls.

 

"GROUP HUG!" the tallest member yelled. All the girls crowded around Boa and hugged her.

 

"Yah! I told you to save your voices!" Everyone laughed happily. After the hug, everyone left the dance studio and went home, resting for tomorrow.

 

The Next Day

 

The members of Girls' Generation were backstage, waiting for their turn to perform. They stood in a cluster, making sure none of them got lost.

(Note: They don't look exactly like they did in their debut days, but they're wearing the same outfits.)

 

A guy came over with a clipboard and asked "Hello, girls. I am here to check for attendance, so when I call your name, say something so that I know you're here, alright? Kim Taeyeon."

 

"I'm here!" a short girl with long brown hair waved her arm in the air.

 

"Um, Je... Jeshi... Jeshe-"

 

"I'm here," a girl with cold eyes and crossed arms stared at the guy. The guy cleared his throat and quietly apologized.

 

"Lee Soongyu." The shortest of them all dropped her head, her short blonde hair falling on her face. She lazily said "It's Sunny, and I'm here", with some of the girls giggling at her. She punched one of the taller members.

 

"Uhhh, Tippany?"

 

"Present, sir!" The girl named Tiffany double-smiled at the guy, making him slightly blush.

 

"Kim Hyoyeon." A blonder girl raised her hand and smirked. "I'm here."

 

"Kwon Yuri." A tall girl with long black hair smiled sweetly, saying, "I'm here."

 

"Choi Sooyoung."

 

"HERR!" The tallest girl yelled with food in . Taeyeon smacked Sooyoung's arm.

 

"You're not supposed to be eating before performing, Sooyoung!"

 

"Yah. I can't control when my stomach wants to eat." The guy raised his eyebrows, and pretended that that didn't happen.

 

"Um, Im Yoona?" A silence took over as no one heard a response. The girls looked around and saw no sign of her. "Oh man! How they heck did we lose her?" Jessica said to no one in particular.

 

"I don't know, but I hope she's okay," Taeyeon replied.

 

"MIANHAE!" Everyone turned around and saw a tall-ish girl with doe eyes running toward them. She stopped near Sunny and placed her arm on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry, guys. I got stuck in traffic. Am I too late?" Yoona kept panting from the running, and Sunny started rubbing her back.

 

"O-oh no, you're not l-late at all," the guy stuttered. "You're right on time." Yoona let out a sigh as she calmed down her breath.

 

"And finally, Seo Joohyun." A girl with calm eyes raised her hand and politely said, "I am here."

 

"Alright. Then all of you are here. You'll be on after that dance duo performs." He pointed to two boys practicing their dance moves. "See you there, girls," the guy said as he walked away.

 

"UP NEXT, DONGHAE & EUNHYUK!" The two boys fist-bumped and walked to the stage.

 

"I'm so nervous, guys," Yoona hugged Jessica's arm. Jessica patted her head comfortingly.

 

"Don't worry, Yoona. We are going to SLAY these judges," Tiffany said excitedly.

 

"She's right," Sunny agreed. "We're amazing and the judges are going to see it. Plus, only the top four groups will advance so we'll have a better chance of succeeding."

 

"Alright, girls. Gather around." The girls formed a circle and held hands. "This is the moment we've been training for for months. I know we're nervous. I am too. But we can't let that get into our performances. I don't care if we get first place; that's just a bonus. The point is, I'm performing with my best friends and that's what matters. Now lets show them that we are capable of singing while dancing those awesome moves at the same time. Who's with me?" All the girls yelled "Yeah!" quietly so they wouldn't disrupt the performance. "All in!" All their hands went into the circle. "1! 2! 3! GIRLS GENERATION!" they yelled as their hands flew in the air. They hugged and wished each other good luck, and before they knew it, it was time to perform.

 

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Performing 'Into The New World', here's Girls' Generation!"

 

 

Once the song was finished, applause could be heard throughout the crowd. The girls bowed and left the stage together. They all smiled and hugged each other, complimenting on the performance.

 

"That high note was amazing!" "Hyo, your dance break was on point!" "Your vocals were awesome too!"

 

"Hey, guys! Lets watch the other performances!" Sooyoung suggested. Everyone agreed and found seats in the performer section, if the performers wanted to see others perform. After another boy group performed, the announcer came back.

 

"Wow, those were some incredible moves, am I right?" The crowd cheered in response. "Alright. This is our last performance of the night. Performing 'Dolls', give it up for Nine Muses!" The girls were intrigued when noticing that the group had nine members as well. All of a sudden, the music came on and they started to perform.

 

 

The audience cheered for Nine Muses when they were done, with Girls' Generation's jaws dropped.

 

"They're GOOD," Sooyoung said absentmindedly.

 

"Looks like we have new rivals," Taeyeon said with a frown on her face.

 

"ALL PERFORMERS, PLEASE COME TO THE STAGE AS WE WAIT FOR THE RESULTS." The announcer said. The girls got up and headed to the stage.

 

After a few minutes, the announcer came back with a card in his hand. "Alright, everyone. Righ in my hand I have the top four performers who will come back and perform another song in two months to see who will be at the top. Now, in no particular order, here are the top four..." All the girls were holding hands, secretly praying they will win.

 

"The first winner is... 15&!" Two girls ran up and recieved a little trophy, signifying that they made it.

 

"The next winner is... SHINee!" Five boys started shouting with the youngest one recieving the trophy. He shot his arms in the air and screamed "Whooo!" The girls were starting to get nervous, seeing as there were only two spots left.

 

"Next one is... Girls' Generation!" The girls all yelled happily and hugged each other with Taeyeon walking up and recieving the trophy.

 

"And the final winner is... Nine Muses!" The happiness Girls' Generation had subsided as they watched the group go up and recieve the trophy. One girl with pitch black hair and cat-like eyes looked at Taeyeon and smirked. Taeyeon smirked back at her and said

 

"And so it begins."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, fellow readers and writers! This is the first chapter of FoF. Now, the next couple of chapters will have two pairings in them, giving them a first meeting and how they stand with each other.

Subscribe, comment, and/or upvote if you like it.

Lova Ya! <3

Geeky