mornings

mornings

Kyungsoo woke up with a startle; his lips were right next to Jongin's.

They fell asleep kissing yet again last night and he figures Jongin must've reached for their comforter in his sleep because they were now covered up to their chins. His arms were wrapped around Jongin's neck and Kyungsoo could feel the sweat trickling down his temple. Jongin's small breaths were against his lips and Kyungsoo could feel the younger's arms tightly wrapped around his waist, pulling him close; so close that there was no space in between their bodies, their feet tangled with each other.

It was too hot and Kyungsoo could feel his head throbbing as he hears the noise from the room across theirs. He unwrapped his arms from his husband's and slightly pushed him away by the chest and pushed the comforter off his body, dumping it to the sleeping body right next to him. Sitting up, he sleepily removed the sweater Jongin has forced him to wear last night and tossed it somewhere to the floor. 

He could feel Jongin stirring in his sleep and seconds later, his head appeared within the mass of blankets around him. With his eyes still closed, he blindly reached for Kyungsoo. "Are you okay, baby?"

Kyungsoo carefully laid back again to bed, his head hurts and he could feel his throat burning. "Yeah. It's your turn now, Jongin"

Another cry was heard from the room and Jongin groans but sits up, nonetheless, his hands rubbing his eyes heavy with sleep. He turned his body to look at his husband and he carefully reached up and felt the older's forehead. "Did you take your medicine? Aren't you cold? Why did you take off the sweater?"

Kyungsoo in turn just ignored him and slightly kicked Jongin's feet when soft cries filled their apartment. Jongin then stood up and stretched his arms as he walked out of their room and into the one across theirs.

"Jongsoo-yah, please stop crying. You're waking Daddy up and he's not feeling well" he whispers as he kneeled down the crib where their ten month old was crying. He fixed his son's onesie and carefully ran his hand through Jongsoo's hair "Dad's here now, so stop crying okay?"

But the toddler just kept crying and Jongin tries to make him lie down but the ten month old trashes in his hold and continues to cry even more, his small hands gripping Jongin's fingers tightly.

Jongin, with his mind still too foggy with sleep, then decided to go into the crib (thankfully they had it made customized. The crib would be made into a bed once Jongsoo grows up, so the crib can support a reasonable weight for two people). He knows he would get an earful from Kyungsoo if he saw him but he was sure the elder had now gone back to sleep. 

Their ten month old's cries turned into soft whimpers as his Dad lay down on his crib. Jongin reached for the Pororo plushie and made it into a pillow. "Your daddy carried you for nine months and you just cry and cry while he's having a fever" Jongin tries to scold the ten month old, who in turn just laid down on his chest, his tears soaking his father's shirt. Jongin reaches up and rubs the baby's back softly.

"Why are you crying, Jongsoo-yah? Is it because you know Daddy's not feeling well?" Jongin continues to whisper as Jongsoo moves and made himself comfortable on top of his father's chest. "He's okay now, he just needs sleep. And you should stop crying so Daddy could get some sleep"

He could feel Jongsoo watching him with his big eyes (which he had inherited from Kyungsoo) which were glossing with his unshed tears.

"Do you want me to tell you a story, Jongsoo-yah?" Jongin asks and the toddler just continues watching him, his small hands reaching for his lips. "Did you know that it was Christmas when we found out about you? Dad and Daddy were so happy when we found out that you're growing in Daddy's belly. Daddy even cried! Well, I did too but Daddy doesn't know so it's a secret between you and me, alright?

And you always made him drink apple juice. Do you really like it that much? There was one time Daddy craved for some apple juice in the middle of the night and Dad had to go look for some at 3AM.

And then you always made Daddy cry! Well, it's not actually you. Most of the time it's because of me but I swear I didn't even do anything wrong! You made Daddy very emotional and he always cries. I don't like seeing your Daddy cry. He looks like a kicked penguin."

Jongin runs his thumb across Jongsoo's tear stained cheeks "You look so much like Daddy. You look like a penguin, Jongsoo-yah!" Jongin laughs at the realization "Daddy hates it when I call him penguin. But penguins are cute, right Jongsoo-yah?"

Jongin smiles as he watches Jongsoo fight to keep his eyes open. "And then you were such a lazy baby. I only got to feel you kick once but you always moved for Daddy! I guess I'm not your favorite, huh?"

Jongsoo finally let his eyes close and Jongin carefully pecks his son's lips and he just let the ten month old stay there for a bit, with his small breaths hitting his chest and his fingers loosely holding onto his neck. 

Jongin closes his eyes and sighs, a small smile adorning his lips. As he feels his son's fingers twitching as he held his neck, Jongin knows that everything will be okay.

The previous nine months of Kyungsoo's pregnancy has been very difficult. Although both of them were ready for the past two years of their marriage, they weren't really prepared when they found out about the little bundle of joy that was growing inside of Kyungsoo. And as Kyungsoo's pregnancy progresses, Jongin then knows that they will never be prepared for what is installed for them. 

Jongin has always been there. He massaged Kyungsoo's feet and back whenever they hurt, he ran around every store in a couple of miles radius within their apartment to get whatever weird food Kyungsoo craved. He silently dealt with Kyungsoo's morning sickness and nausea, the constant mood swings, Kyungsoo's excessive crying and whining. Jongin gladly embraced everything. It excited him and scared him, at the same time, because it was the very first time he got to experience this — being a husband and a father — and no words can express how happy Jongin was because he got to experience this with Kyungsoo.

Of course, Jongin was there when Jongsoo was born. He wasn't sure if he could even make it through the entire process because Kyungsoo was in so much pain; Jongin hates to see the love of his life in such condition. There were too much blood and crying (both in Kyungsoo's and Jongin's part) and Jongin remembers almost throwing up because everything was happening to fast, yet too slow. 

Jongin held Kyungsoo's hand the entire time, kissing his forehead, his temple, his cheeks, his hair, his paled lips and repeatedly whispered the words 'it will be okay' and 'you're doing so good, baby' and 'i love you'. 

And when Jongsoo was finally born, Jongin felt everything in his world stop and it was just his son and the beautiful sounds of his crying. He got to hold Jongsoo first because Kyungsoo was too tired, he had fainted with exhaustion. Jongin was the first one to see how Jongsoo had Kyungsoo's eyes; they were too beautiful. He was the first one to see how Jongsoo's small button nose twitch as he yawned for the very first time and he knows that that nose looks too much like his. Jongin got to kiss his son first, his own tears damping his newborn's rosy cheeks. 

Jongin knew he had never seen anything more beautiful than the scene of Kyungsoo finally seeing and holding and kissing their child for the first time. Jongin watched as Kyungsoo caressed their Jongsoo's cheeks with his finger and when Kyungsoo looked up to meet his eyes, both of them already tearing up, Jongin can't help but embrace his two boys, careful not to squish Jongsoo between them. 

Kyungsoo smiled at him, his eyes twinkling and Jongin kissed him then and there and whispered against Kyungsoo's lips "Thank you and I love you, both of you, so much"

 

...

 

Kyungsoo wakes up, five hours later, feeling cold. He turns around and when his hands land on the empty space beside him, he opens his eyes and he wasn't greeted by the familiar face he was used to waking up to. Sitting up, he rubs his eyes and he smiles slightly as he feels that his body temperature has gone back to normal.

He then got out of bed and grabbed the sweater he had discarded in the middle of the night and put it back on before stepping inside their bathroom to brush his teeth. After having washed his face, Kyungsoo then headed straight to the kitchen, hoping to see his husband. But he wasn't there so Kyungsoo just decided to make a bottle for Jongsoo. Speaking of Jongsoo, Kyungsoo found it weird that their son wasn't crying at this hour. Usually, Jongsoo would be crying as soon as he wakes up at seven, but it was already quarter to nine. Kyungsoo shakes the bottle in his hands and walked towards their child's room.

Kyungsoo then laughs silently at the sight. Jongsoo was already awake and he was silently playing with his plushie, which was wrapped in Jongin's arms. Jongin was curled up inside Jongsoo's crib, fast asleep. Jongin unknowingly pulls the plushie closer to him, and Kyungsoo watches as Jongsoo pouts at his Dad and pulls the plushie back but his arms were too weak.

Jongsoo then gives up and tried to stand in his wobbly legs and that was when he saw his Daddy with his bottle.

Kyungsoo kisses his son's head before handing the bottle and Jongsoo raises both of his arms at him and whines, asking to be picked up. 

"Shh, you're going to wake Dad up" Kyungsoo whispers before carrying Jongsoo in his arms.


Kyungsoo has finished cooking breakfast and was grabbing the carton of orange juice from the fridge when he hears Jongsoo giggle loudly. He turns around and felt a pair of arms snake around his waist, and Jongin was about to kiss his lips but Kyungsoo pushed him away with a finger on his forehead.

"Go brush your teeth first" 

Jongin frowns at that and he shakes his head "I never complained about kissing you last night while you were sick. And now you won't kiss me just because I haven't brushed my teeth?"

Kyungsoo nodded and they turned their heads as they heard their ten month old giggle in his highchair, as if he can understand what they were saying. 

"Yes. And don't think I don't know what you did last night." Kyungsoo punched Jongin's arm lightly but, of course, Jongin, like the overreacting diva that he is, twitched and pouts at him while he rubs the spot "What if the crib broke? You and Jongsoo could've gotten hurt!"

"But isn't that why we had it custom made?" Jongin pouts even more as Kyungsoo walked away towards the table and poured juice into two glasses.

"No" Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at him before taking the bottle Jongsoo has finished. It was too early for him to deal with two babies.

"But Jongsoo was sad because he knows you were sick and you don't want him to sleep in our bed with us" Jongin trudges over to their son who was now playing with the plastic spoon he eats with "So, dad came to the rescue right, Jongsoo-yah?" He tickles the ten month old's sides and Jongsoo erupted into fits of laughter. 

"Well, I'm sorry if I didn't want our son to catch the cold" Kyungsoo retorted back sarcastically as he sat down on his chair, reaching over and pulling Jongsoo's highchair closer so he could feed him bananas.

"Your daddy's being mean to me again" Jongin says before pecking their son's lips. He then walks over to Kyungsoo and before Kyungsoo could even hit him or push him, he pressed his lips against the older's.

Kyungsoo just sighs and gives up, giving another peck on Jongin's lips when the younger pulls away.

"I know you can't resist me, baby" Jongin snickers and he quickly jumped away when Kyungsoo raises his hand to punch Jongin again. Jongsoo just continues to giggle at his parents while he eats his bananas.

...

...

...

thank you for reading this pure, unbeta'd word vomit. comments are very much appreciated. <3

and please read my other kaisoo one shot here. it's just basically pure fluff. :)