That Song

Maybe Its Fate [Hiatus]

April 30, 2015

Taeyeon

'Where did I leave it. It has to be here somewhere,' a petit blonde thinks while shuffling through her travel-bags.

Taeyeon opens her door and walks to the living room looking for her headphones. The rest of the girls sat surrounding the dinner table, chattering about the video playing on Seohyun's laptop.

Humming to familiar tune playing from the speakers, she finds her headphones at the corner of table. Reaching her headphones, she suddenly stopped. She could feel their stares on her, all of their chattering halted.

Grasping her headphones in her hand, she looks up to see the girls staring at her. Giving them a blank look, she says one thing, "What?"

Hyoyeon gives her an odd look. "Tae do you know this song?"

"It sounds familar."

"Really? But they just released this song..." Sooyoung says with a confused look on her face

"Right! There wasn't even a teaser for this song." Tiffany agreed.  

Hyoyeon lets out a gasp. "Did someone show it to you? Yah, Kim Taeyeon! Are you meeting with someone from YG? Is it someone from Big Bang? And you didn't tell us? How could you keep this a secret!"
 

"Mowh? Aniya! I just thought the song was familar. I probably just heard a similar melody somewhere... Really."

"Okay...," Hyoyeon says, but her face tells Taeyeon that she wasn't fully convinced.

Tae rushes back to her room. She shuts the door and leans the back of her head on the door. She closes her eyes. She could hear them talking in the other room/from the hallway.

'Shes been acting really weird recently hasnt she? Do you think there's something wrong? Do you think shes lying?'

'No. She only heard a bit of the song. She probably really just remembered another song with a similar tune... But you're right she has been acting a bit odd lately...', she heard their maknae reason.

Taeyeon let out a sigh. Hyo was right. She had lied. It wasn't another song she was humming. She knew the lyrics. She knew them by heart. The same song had been plaguing her mind randomly for the past month. She had convinced herself that it was only a song she had heard somewhere and got stuck in her head. In truth, a small part of her knew it was not normal. It was too real. It was always as if someone was playing the song out loud. But she had brushed it off. Over and over again.

'Yah Kim Taeyeon,' she whispered to herself. 'You really are going crazy, hearing songs that don't even exist yet!'

She lets out another sigh, "ottoke...?"

~~//~~