Chapter Three

Quid Pro Quo
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hyukjae felt hands grasping his shirt and slowly the strength faded away, he saw eyes that were locked on his own and he felt his breath hitched, after the young man cried, Hyukjae wasn’t sure if Hoya would hit him and hated him more or forgive him.

No words came from Hyukjae’s mouth and neither from Hoya. Slowly and warily Hoya pushed off Hyukjae and sighed, wiping away his remaining tears.

His eyes again set on Hyukjae’s confused ones and he shook his head.

“This never happened.” With those words, Hoya stood and left. He did not know what to do, all this time he thought Spencer was the worst person in the world, even some weeks ago he hated him and he does still, it was just… Hoya started to think Spencer wasn’t that bad if he knew how to apologize and it hurt Hoya to think like that because then he will be forgiving the murderer of his brother and he could not yet dealt with that, maybe with time, just not yet.

∞~~~~~*~~~~~∞

School wasn’t fun as Hyukjae thought. Yes, he had now a two friends, Heechul and Lina, and he liked to talk with them about random things, those always were common ones for them and new for Hyukjae.

It was hard and painful too, he had been getting condemning stares, scoffs and snarls, in the time he had been in school he got used, nevertheless hurt him, he learned to hide his trembling and fear, his heart was in pain sometimes though, he didn’t seemed Spencer in the eyes of his classmates and they took advanced of the knowledge Spencer lost his memory, it was nice to see him trying to hid his feelings, he was so different from the cold person the students knew.

Myungsoo was another problem in Hyukjae’s new life, the boy was always glaring at him and it made Hyukjae shiver in fear, that person wasn’t nice and it scared Hyukjae to no end.

Those were the thoughts while he stepped inside the school and forced a smile, this day he definitely wouldn’t be down or let other people insult him –well, he had the same thought everyday and mostly always failed but he hoped for a day without problems.    

Hoya was another issue, the young man hasn’t been saw since that day and Hyukjae was worried because he did not known how to deal with that, he should walk off or maybe greet him?

Hyukjae smiled sincerely when he saw Lina waving at him, she went to another building and he was greeted by Heechul.

“Hard morning?” the feline man asked and Hyukjae shook his head, setting the strap of his bag on his shoulder.

“No.” Hyukjae never said that morning his father hit him –again- as he told him to go and do community hours service and to not forget to greet the media when the reporters will be there filming and interviewing him, if he do wrong, his punishment will be worse that some kicks.

Heechul narrowed his eyes and saw nothing wrong; he nodded and walked to his classroom. Hyukjae closed his eyes to open them after and setting his mind for the “murder” accusatory and he nodded, this was to help his brother, he’ll do it.

∞~~~~~*~~~~~∞

After getting out of the bus, Hyukjae walked some streets, paper with a messy address written and he repeated the number searching for it, the neighborhood looked different from the one he lived in. And he wondered why the houses and people were so unlike each other, he was curios and felt a knot in his heart when he saw a house with no paint and very old, it almost looked abandoned, “Spring House” it said at the main side of the small gate that let people see the garden and the toys in a warden of arena to play for the kids, it was a big land compared to the ones at the sides and also smaller than his own house and even so, so much bigger than the attic that was his world some weeks ago and he felt contrary feelings, pain of knowing people lived poorly and envy took the best of him for a moment, because even when the house seemed very old, the kids inside were free.

Hyukjae pushed softly the door and the screeching broke the silence, it was around one in the afternoon, he left school before time because he did not want to be in a place where everyone looked him with hatred eyes and also he was going to repeat the year.

“I’m sorry for intrude.” Hyukjae whispered stepping inside, his shows covered with the dust and the earth, he did not mind, as he stepped inside he felt like a kid, his days as a kid could be like this, playing with the earth, Hyukjae smiled as he knelt and picked a toy in the ground, it was a car made from wooden and he giggled, making sound of “runng” and playing with the picked object, he

Please log in to read the full chapter