Three

Sunflowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

Hyejeong chased after Seolhyun even though she was still trying to register everything into her brain. Why did Seolhyun got mad all of a sudden? Why did Seolhyun slapped her? But here comes the most important question — How did Seolhyun know she tried to make her her rebound at first?

 

When Hyejeong reached the clinic, Seolhyun was seen running out of the clinic. Hyejeong ran as fast as her legs could bring her and chased after the girl.

 

“Seolhyun! Wait!” Hyejeong shouted but Seolhyun completely ignored her.

 

Hyejeong thanked her bestfriend for always nagging her to go gym as she caught up with Seolhyun and made her stop on her tracks, “Seolhyun! Listen to me!” Hyejeong was panting hard.

 

“I don’t wanna ing listen to you. I want nothing to do with you.” Seolhyun said in a calm tone, which was even scarier to Hyejeong.

 

“Can you at least tell me what happened?” Hyejeong wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead.

 

“What is there to tell? You met me, I look like your ex, you want to move on, you used me as your rebound, full stop. End of story.” Seolhyun said with a tinge of sarcasm.

 

“No—“ Hyejeong was being cut off. “Now, leave me alone. I don’t want to see nor talk to you, ever again.” Seolhyun walked off and warned Hyejeong not to follow. But being the stubborn Hyejeong, she continued following Seolhyun home.

 

Seolhyun inserted the key into the hole and unlocked the door. Hyejeong tried to talk to her again but Seolhyun slammed the door at her face. She could do nothing but wait outside. Hyejeong promised herself not to leave until Seolhyun comes out of the house.

 

In the apartment, Seolhyun broke down immediately when she closed the door. When she found out she is Hyejeong’s rebound, she was sad. She was devastated. She was heart broken. But now, she has only hatred towards Hyejeong, nothing else. Being used by someone whom you really love is worse than being cheated for her money.

 

Seolhyun packed her luggage, she has to leave this place. This place holds too much memories even though she only stayed there for a short while. She had nowhere to go, but staying there doesn’t help. 

 

She decided to leave her stuffs there, and come back to get them another time when she found another place.

 

When Seolhyun opened the door, she saw Hyejeong sprung up on her feet as she was sitting down on the floor. She ignored Hyejeong but the girl grabbed her arm, refusing to let her go.

 

“Let go of me. I’m giving you three seconds.” Seolhyun said coldly.

 

Hyejeong released Seolhyun but noticed her luggage, “Where are you going?”

 

“None of your business.” Seolhyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Seolhyun, please, I’ll do anything as long as you are willing to forgive me.” Hyejeong pleaded. Seolhyun turned to her and smiled.

 

“You’ll do anything?”

 

Hyejeong wiped the tears on her face, “Yes! I’ll do anything.”

 

“Then, get out of my sight.” Seolhyun came face to face with Hyejeong and then left.

 

Seolhyun went to a nearby hotel, she decided that she’ll stay there for some time, although the money she has on her now is only able to last her for at most two days. Still, it was better than going back to that place for her.

 

“Hi, can I have a room?” Seolhyun smiled at the receptionist.

 

“Sure, may I know how long you are staying?” The receptionist asked.

 

“Indefinite stay.” Seolhyun smiled again.

 

Seolhyun got her room keys and headed up to her hotel room. Seolhyun opened the door and immediately jumped onto the bed. She lay flat on her tummy and started crying. Having to act like she feels nothing hurts her too badly. 

 

“Pabo! Stop crying! You shouldn’t cry over people like that damn Hyejeong!” Seolhyun knocked on her head and wiped her tears. She the television and browse through different channels and wished that time could pass faster.

 

It was already 12 midnight and Seolhyun couldn’t fall asleep. She went to the hotel lobby, hoping that it would be less boring there.

 

The doors to the lift opened when it reached first storey. Seolhyun walked around and saw the receptionist wearing a sunglasses, with hands on her chin. Seolhyun wondered why is she wearing sunglasses indoor so she approached her.

 

“Excuse me.” Seolhyun knocked on the table but received no response from the girl. She looked at her name tag which says “Shin Jimin”.

 

“Shin Jimin!” Seolhyun shouted and this time Jimin looked up. She took off her sunglasses and Seolhyun finally realised the girl was dozing off.

 

“Woah, is that how you can doze off without letting your boss know?” Seolhyun was laughing.

 

“This is called technique!” Jimin argued.

 

“Anyway, why are you still here?” Seolhyun asked while leaning against the table.

 

“I’m on night shift today. And why are you here and not in your room?” Jimin asked the same thing.

 

“I’m bored, and hungry.” Seolhyun rubbed her tummy. Jimin laughed at her but then flashed a serious expression.

 

“Me too,” Jimin stood up, “You wanna go to the convenience store just down the street? We could get like a bowl of ramyun together.” 

 

“Sure!” 

 

“By the way, what’s your name?” Jimin asked, remembering she still doesn’t know Seolhyun’s name.

 

“I’m Kim Seolhyun.” Seolhyun showed her dimpled smile.

 

Just as they were nearing the convenience store, they spotted something and their eyes sparkled, “STREET STALL!” They both shouted together and ran to the stall.

 

“Fish cake! Ddukbokki! Soju!” Jimin shouted and Seolhyun didn’t mind because those are the food that she wanted too.

 

Just like that, the two became friends.

 

 

Few weeks later

 

 

Few weeks later, Seolhyun’s and Jimin’s friendship bloomed. Whenever Seolhyun had to pay for her hotel room and didn’t had enough money, Jimin would fork out for her first and told her to return it when she has money.

 

Seolhyun was of course more than grateful for a friend like Jimin. Jimin is her second friend, well, after Hyejeong, so she cherishes her a lot. They frequent the street food stall often, whenever Jimin is on night shift.

 

Hyejeong, on the other hand, wasn’t getting any better. She was looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter