001

The Ex

“Good day miss, what would you like to order?” The girl behind the cashier asked.

I smiled as I scanned down the menu. I was busy calculating the money that I had with me with the price on the menu board. Should I take large or small or-

“Hello,” a voice of another male employee greeted me.

Without averting my gaze away from the menu I greeted him back. I found it uncomfortable though. The way the employee greet me sounded too friendly. Then he asked me the same question.

“What do you want to order?” he asked with that kind of tone again.

Due to curiosity I had to lift up my head to see the employee. He was already smiling at me as my eyes widened.

How did we ended up meeting each other? I asked in my thought.

"Long time no see," he grinned showing his bunny teeth.

I could only stared at the person in disbelief.

“Yoojung,” the male employee waved his hand in front of my face which got me back from my trance.

I blinked my eyes and laughed that I know I looked like a fool for a second “Bobby!” I exclaimed. “Hello!” I was actually happy to see him. Honestly speaking, I can feel the ‘best friend’ vibe as if we were reunited back and as if nothing happened before. But that feeling didn’t last long. It was soon replaced with nervousness. So I tried to control my smile. I didn’t deserve to smile after what I’ve done to him in the past.

“Order up,” he leaned on the counter.

Ah right! I nearly forgot about that. I looked at the female employee who was still standing and waiting. I felt pity that she was actually waiting for me so I quickly made up my mind to order one iced blended caramel with coffee and whipped cream YAS! Whipped cream is a must. I gave Bobby a smile again before standing outside the café. It’s Saturday and it’s not a surprise that the café was crowded. What got me amused was that my sister was busy taking a selca with our cousins using my phone.

“Girls…” I muttered as I walked towards them. “Yah! You’re blocking the entrance,” I stated just to distract their photo session. “And give me back my phone, the memory card is dying you know,” I grumbled at my sister.

Sohyun, my younger sister pouted and gave the phone back to me. “Your phone is new so why not try out the camera, right?”

I scoffed at her. Sohyun is such a photogenic. Don’t let me start about when she is meeting with her cousin, Hani. Both of them are photogenic. I shook my head and looked around for the other two girls.

“Where’s Minji and Hana?”

Hani pointed her finger to the bookstore beside the café as soon as she spotted her sister and her cousin. “They’re in there,”

Of course, my youngest sister Minji likes book. She has a lot in common with Hana. That’s why they get along. Same goes to Sohyun and Hani. What about me? Let’s just say I’m antisocial especially between families. But hey at least I get along with these young teens.

“Can you call them out? We should be going back home now after I got my order” I asked Hani to which she obliged.

When Hani was gone, I looked spun back to Sohyun quickly and gasped. She looked back at me, feeling weird.

“Bobby’s inside,” I bit my lower lip, feeling euphoric but more into nervous. I really have a mixed feeling right now so I’m really unsure on how to explain.

“You mean,” Sohyun raised her brows “Your ex?”

“Yes!” I breathed “Omg, I was trying to greet him back and frantically trying to calm down,”

“Girl, chill!” Sohyun laughed at my reactive self. She peeked behind my shoulder to take a look at him.

At the same time, my name got called. There goes my order! I spun back inside the café to walk towards the pick-up counter but the people started to look at me. What? Did I have something on my face? I shook it off and stand in front of the pick-up counter. Holy…!!

“Yours!” Bobby handed me my drinks.

I looked at the cup with wide eyes “That’s a lot of whipped cream!” I cried. No wonder the people is looking at me. They’re trying to find who the order was for. I hate attention.

“It’s yummy like this,” he laughed.

“Bobby,” I trailed off and just laughed with him. “You tease,” I muttered and take the cup after being hesitant for few seconds. Since I didn’t want to draw people’s attention I thanked him and bid him a goodbye with a wave of my hand. I quickly walked out of the café to meet the others. They’ve gathered up and all of their reaction was the same. Surprised. Aish, Kim Bobby. I mentally facepalmed myself. I took a deep breath and in frantic I put the glass on the empty table.

“He gave me lots!” I complained to the girls but they’re more excited than to hear me nagging.

“Omg, take a picture!” Hana said.

“What?” I got dumbfounded. “Yah,” I was trying to get their attention back to me but they keep taking pics of the lonely iced blended caramel with high whipped cream on top settled on the table.

How am I going to drink this? Aish, that teasing habit of yours will never die, right Bobby? I grumbled. I looked away from the girls and saw the people in the café staring at me. Okay I should probably go away from here.

“Let’s go home!” I commanded and take the drinks with me before walking away. Since I was so thirsty, I poke a straw through the thick whipped cream and into the hole. But it got messy, I had to eat the whipped cream away. Great, I know I looked like a little kid eating an ice cream. But I didn’t care, I ate it as quickly as I can until it’s gone. Another thing surprised me after. Bobby, what are you trying to do?

I looked at the nearly cleared lid of the cup and saw some wording on top of it. The girls saw it and teased me saying that he might be flirting with me. That ridiculous statement, hah. I shrugged it off since the girls didn’t know my whole story with him, for except Sohyun. But of course she will think irrationally. Be it if she knows the stories or not, she will always tease me when it comes to these kind of topics. I didn’t have time to read properly on what he’s writing as my mom had arrived from her work to fetch us up.

“How’s the girls’ day out going?” my mom asked when all of us already take a sit in the car.

“Nice,” I mumbled. “I guess,” I use the seatbelt as I was sitting in front.

“Eomma, Yoojung unnie received a special drinks from-”

“Shut up,” I cut off Minji’s word quickly.

“Hm?” My mom is actually good in this so she know what my sister meant. “From a special friend?” she guessed. The girls stifled their giggles at the back of the seat.

I groaned and slumped on the seat. “A friend,” I guess it’s safe to state him as my friend. Seriously I didn’t want to be questioned further.

I looked down at the cup and read the words silently.

‘Do come to our ‘Earth Hour’ event at 7pm later~~’

At the end of the sentences was a smiley icon. I smiled a bit. It’s actually an invitation. He’s not flirting, ha! Why would he flirt with you? Get a grip Yoojung. I shook my head and shrugged it off. Sometimes I was being too delusional as if my life will encounter something like in the common romance drama and novels.

Now there’s another question that needed an answer.

Should I come later or not?