Final

Intoxicated

"Jungkookie," Jungkook jumped at the sudden feeling of arms snaking around his waist from behind, pulling him close. A head came in contact with his shoulder, deciding to rest there as warm eyes peeked at him through a flurry of bangs. A big smile grew on Jimin's lips when the younger did not push him away, "What are you doing?"

But Jungkook was too far gone by then, too absorbed in the scent that was suddenly enveloping him. He took a deep breath, wishing to get some fresh air into his lungs, only to inhale more of the older's slightly musky scent, causing his brain to go haywire and his heart to beat at an erratic pace. He tried to form a coherent sentence, tried his best to get the gears in his head running again, but no, his mind was all but a pile of mush, unable to react to Jimin's prescence. He closed his eyes, taking in that scent, that wonderful scent that made him lose control of his body, that sent him to cloud nine, if you will.

He didn't like losing control.

"Jungkook?" At the sound of Jimin's voice, Jungkook snapped his eyes opened, his mind finally aware of the situation at hand; how Jimin's arms were still wrapped around his waist, the concerned look the elder was giving him, his chin still resting on his shoulder, his breath fanning the side of his neck. 

Jimin let out a grunt of surprise as the younger pushed him away rather harshly. Stepping away from Jimin, Jungkook opened his mouth, the gears in his head finally working again, finally able to form a response. 

"You're too close hyung," Jungkook was surprised at how composed he sounded, his mind still in a jumble. He missed the dejected look that appeared on the older's face, and instead focused on getting away from the scent before it turned his brain into mush again. He made a beeline for the door, his feet shuffling at a fast pace, never turning back to look at Jimin. 

"Wait Jungkook-" But he was gone, leaving Jimin standing dumbly by himself, his arm stretched out towards Jungkook's retreating back. He let out a disappointed sigh, ruffling his hair in frustration. His spirit deflated rather quickly at Jungkook's actions, but shook his head. He should have expected it anyway, and mentally berated himself for getting his hopes up.

He thought something had finally changed after what happened about a week ago. For once, Jungkook had not pushed him away, had not ignored his attempts at skinship. Instead, Jimin found himself being pulled in by the younger, who clutched his shirt tightly and buried his face into his neck. Granted, Jungkook had only been seeking comfort from the frightening sounds of the fireworks outside; but even then, as the loud booms finally came to an end, he held the other close and asked him to not leave (which the elder gladly complied with, seeing the desparate look in the younger's eyes). 

Jimin knew what had happened was not a figment of his imagination, a hazy dream that he had conjured into a reality, when he woke up to the younger's face merely inches from his own, eyes still fluttered closed, soft snores escaping his lips, a look of peace etched into his features. He resisted the urge to caress his face, to run his fingers through his unruly, messy hair, afraid of waking Jungkook up (although, Jimin later realized, the maknae was known to be a very heavy sleeper). Instead, he trailed the other's face with his eyes, from his closed eyes, to his sharp nose, his slightly parted lips, his smooth jawline. 

For the umpteenth since he had met the maknae, Jimin was left speechless at how beautiful the other was. He smiled giddily to himself, trying his best to keep his giggles to himself. However, he couldn't help the small little laugh that escaped his lips, but continued to laugh when the younger's face remained unchanged save for the slight scrunch of his nose (which, in Jimin's opinion, made him look ten times cuter).

He stayed like that for a while, admiring the sleeping creature before him. He soon gave into temptation and started to caress his cheeks, running his hands across his smooth skin, tracing his jawline with the tips of his fingers. He hadn't realized how much time had passed until there was a light knock on the door, followed by a twist of the doorknob, Seokjin's head soon poking through the small opening 

Jimin made eye contact with his hyung, who at first gave him a surprised smile (none of the members besides Seokjin were ever up this early), but then quirked his eyebrows in confusion at the sight of another head resting on Jimin's pillow. Jimin found himself smiling sheepishly, his hand dropping from Jungkook's face to play with his own hair, pushing it back in an attempt to fix its unruly appearance.

"Want to help me with breakfast?" Jimin looked up as Seokjin's eyes darted from Jungkook to him repeatedly, a suggestive smile growing on his lips. The younger of the two blushed furiously, nodding his head quickly, and carefully freed himself from the maknae's hold on his waist. He made his way out of the bed, dragging his feet towards his hyung, a bit reluctant to part with the warm feeling that had spread throughout his whole body.

The two made their way to the kitchen, Seokjin laughing quietly to himself, Jimin twiddling his fingers together nervously, refusing to look the older in the eye.

"So... you and Jungkook, huh."

"H-Hyung!"

-------

Jungkook groaned as an alarm blared rather closely to his ear. He turned the other way and brought the pillow underneath his head to cover his ears, trying his best to ignore the annoying sound. He kept his eyes shut, still half asleep, desperately clinging to the strangely peaceful dream he had been rudely awaken from. He was vaguely aware of his surroundings, although his mind was still a bit fuzzy from the wonderful sleep he had. He hadn't slept that well in a long time, he realized shortly after the blaring of the alarm finally stopped, and he sighed in content. Burying his face into the pillow, he took in a big whiff of what smelled like... Jimin?

The sudden murmuring near his ears finally woke him up with a start at the realization that this was definitely not his bed, let alone his room. He shot up from his position on the bed, his eyes darting around the brightly lit room, and landed on two figures standing next to the bed, both of whom were staring at him curiously.

"Jungkookie? What are you doing in Jiminnie's bed?" Taehyung murmured, rubbing his eyes tiredly, but still flashing the maknae a sleepy smile. Hoseok nodded along as Taehyung whined about wanting to sleep in (but not being able to since they had dance practice in about an hour), and let out a loud yawn, his eyes fluttering open and close every few seconds, barely awake. Jungkook swiftly stood up, muttering a "good morning" underneath his breath, and made his way past both of his hyungs, clearly avoiding Taehyung's question. They both exchanged looks as Jungkook scurried his way out of their shared bedroom. 

Jungkook made his way through the dorm, passing by the kitchen, but came to a halt when the smell of kimchi jjigae filled his nostrils. He peered through the kitchen doorway, staring rather hungrily at the boiling pot of soup on the stove top, and realized that he had not had breakfast yet. His eyes scanned the kitchen, hoping to spot Seokjin, but soon stopped when they made contact with another pair of eyes.

"Oh, good morning Jungkook," Jimin smiled shyly at the sight of the maknae standing at the kitchen doorway, and turned away from his task of stirring the pot. Seokjin also turned away from chopping vegetables to stare at Jungkook, wishing him a good morning.

Jungkook opened his mouth, but no sound came out, his greeting stuck in his throat. His eyes darted from Jimin's face that crinkled ever so slightly at the edge of his eyes as he smiled warmly at him, to Seokjin's beaming face, ( he was giving a rather enthusiastic speech about how proud he was that Jungkook had woken up by himself). He stared at Jimin, who was suddenly very, very close to him, and he soon found himself being enveloped in a hug. Jungkook did not react to the sudden skinship, not even when Jimin whispered "how did you sleep?" into his ear. His mind whirred, trying to remember what exactly happened last night.

He didn't have much time to think, however, as Jimin's scent soon filled his nostrils, and left him feeling numb as a warm feeling developed at the pit of his stomach. He opened his mouth again, attempting to say something, anything, but nothing came out, his mind trying its utmost best to place the pieces together of the events of yesterday. He took another whiff of his hyung's scent, and something in his head finally clicked together.

With a start, Jungkook pushed Jimin away weakly, still lightly dizzy from the smell surrounding him. Jimin gave him a look of surprise, releasing his hold on the younger's waist, and stepped away hesitantly. The maknae stared at the floor of the kitchen, memories of yesterday's events flooding his mind at a startling rate. He gulped, realizing why he had woken up in Jimin's bed today instead of his own, and a rather bright blush stained his cheeks.

"About yesterday," He finally said, refusing to look at Jimin as he spoke, his hand tugging nervously at the hem of his shirt. He let out a breathy sigh, and continued, "Thanks for uh, yesterday. Don't worry, I... it won't happen again. Sorry."

With that, Jungkook scurried away, making his way out of the kitchen and into his own bedroom, sighing in relief when he heard quiet snoring upon entering. He hurried to his bed and dove underneath the covers, burying his face into his pillow, glad that Namjoon was still sleeping. He really didn't want to explain the bright blush that was still evident on his cheeks, or why he wasn't in his own room the previous night.

-------

"Jungkook-ah, why do you keep pushing me away?"

Jungkook flinched at the sudden change of tone in Jimin's voice, sounding more defeated and tired than he had expected it to be. It was painfully quiet in the practice room, the rest of the members having already left for their dorm, leaving the two who had wished to practice some more alone. The music had stopped long ago, neither of them having enough energy to press play on the music player anymore.

Jimin was the one who had approached the younger first, plopping his down right next to him, leaning his head against his shoulder, too tired to care about the sweat running down his face. Within seconds, Jimin's head fell to the floor, hissing as his face made contact with the wooden boards. He sat up, throwing a glare at Jungkook, who had scooted about a good five feet from his previous position. His bangs stuck to his face and fell over his eyes, head drenched in sweat as well, but he could still see the sudden change in the older's demeanor. He could see how Jimin's shoulders slumped and his head tilted to stare at the space in between his outstretched legs, no longer looking at him.

Jungkook bit his lip and turned away from the older, feeling a bit guilty for being the cause of the older's sudden change in mood. They stayed like that for a while, neither one of them saying a word, the silence eating away at the heavy atmosphere hanging in the air. Jimin finally broke the silence, his tired voice voicing his question in a rather quiet tone, eyes never leaving the floor.

The younger was left a little surprised at the sudden question, but quickly regained his composure and actually started contemplating an answer to give the older. He blinked once, twice, three times, hand coming up to finally push away his damp bangs from his eyes. He opened his mouth, prompty closing it when he realized that he didn't really have an answer. Silence filled the air once again, but this time, Jimin turned his head to stare at Jungkook expectantly, his dark gaze piercing through the younger's soul. Jungkook gulped, racking his brain for something to say, anything really. 

"Why are you so clingy?" He found himself blurting out instead of answering the question, too nervous and jittery to register the words coming out of his mouth, "I find it really annoying, you know."

Both immediatley froze as the weight of Jungkook's words sunk in, the younger quickly closing his mouth and turning his head towards Jimin. He didn't mean to say that, he thought, but it was too late. Jimin stared at him with wide eyes, hurt written all over his face. He downcasted his eyes to stare at his hands, which soon formed into fists.

"You know what," Jimin spat, getting up from his position on the floor, hands still balled up in fists. Jungkook didn't miss the tremor in his voice, the way his eyes were slightly glazed over, "I'm done."

With that, the older headed for his duffel bag in the corner of the room, quickly zipping up his stuff and slinging it over his shoulder. His sneakers squeaked rather loudly on the wooden floor as he made his way to the door.  

I'm sorry. Jungkook's apology got stuck in his throat, a huge lump forming in its place. He swallowed thickly, eyes never leaving the other's figure, screaming at himself internally to do something, anything. 

"Where are you going?" He finally questioned, his voice coming out more quiet than he would have liked. Jimin's hand stopped, having finally reached the doorknob. Twisting his head in the younger's direction, he pursed his lips into a thin line, before finally replying.

"Somewhere where I'm actually wanted," In that moment, Jungkook realized how broken the other looked, how his eyes were red, unshed tears threatening to fall at any second. His heart clenched painfully, wanting to reach out for the older, but his arms remained by his side, as if they were glued in place. He wasn't used to seeing this Jimin, a Jimin that didn't smile, didn't laugh, didn't stay by his side. 

Taking the other's silence as a response, Jimin made his way out of the practice room, not bothering to close the door behind him. Jungkook sat frozen in his spot, unable to comprehend what had just happened. The only thing that was clear to him was that he wanted the older to come back. 

-------

Jungkook sighed, flopping onto the bed of his hotel room, deadly tired but being unable to sleep. He turned his head to peer at the empty bed next to his own, still neatly made from this morning. He sighed again, rolling onto his back, and stared at the white ceiling, his mind soon wandering off.

Never in his life would he have thought that Jimin would avoid him, would make his way to sit next to Taehyung during breakfast instead of him, would walk straight past him during dance practice, would make a point to ignore him if they ever sat next to each other in the van or during interviews. There were no more hugs, no more clinging onto arms, no more secret high-fives during live performances, no more cute whining next to his ear.

No more of Jimin's scent filling his nostrils.

Jungkook had tried to apologize, often finding himself staring at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, practicing his apology over and over again. But as soon as he made eye contact with the older (if he was lucky enough to even have him spare a glance his way), he would freeze up, eyes wide, words stuck on the tip of his tongue.

This continued on, to the point where all the members had noticed the strange changes in both of their behaviors. Seokjin blamed the lack of free time they had to relax and actually spend time with each other, although he said this with a hesitant tone, eyes staring worriedly at Jungkook's slumped back leaning against the wall. Having no other explanation, the other members quickly agreed, deciding to do something about the situation.

Which is how Jungkook found himself being roomed with Jimin in the same hotel room after one of their performances outside of Seoul. After learning about the rooming arrangements, Jungkook could hardly believe his ears, and immediately turned in Jimin's direction. There was no way Jimin could ignore him if they were in the same room, he realized, and a bright smile soon stretched across his lips. Maybe now he could finally apologize to the older, and everything would go back to the way it was.

His spirit quickly deflated, however, as Jimin turned away from him, not looking in his direction even once. Even when they reached their hotel room, the older remained quiet, not speaking a word to the younger. After unlocking the door, Jimin immediately made his way to the bathroom after grabbing a quick change of clothers, and locked himself inside. Jungkook assumed he was taking a shower, having heard the water running, and mentally prepared himself for what he should say to the older once he got out.

He was disappointed once again when Jimin made a beeline for his shoes instead of his bed upon exiting the bathroom, quickly tying them up and leaving through the hotel door, muttering a quiet "going for a walk," before shutting the door completely. 

Jungkook ruffled his hair, a short whine escaping his lips, and rolled his body to face the balcony. The moon shone brighly in the night sky, but provided little comfort for him in the dark empty room.

He missed his hyung, Jungkook realized, he really missed him by his side. He hated his pride, hated how he couldn't speak his mind properly like Namjoon or Seokjin, instead stumbling over his words and blurting out the wrong things. He hated how he missed the feeling of his brain turning into mush, his heart beating rapidly in his chest, the warm feeling that spread throughout his body starting from his chest, the feeling of being intoxicated by the comfort and wonderful feeling that came with Park Jimin's whole being, his presence, his scent, his everything.

Something inside him snapped, and Jungkook found himself reaching underneath his pillow, hands crawling through the cold sheets, finally coming in contact with cold metal of his phone. He unlocked his phone swiftly and with a swipe of his finger, found Jimin's contact on his phone.

He was a coward, he admitted, he couldn't apologize in person, and that frustrated him to no end, but it would have to do.

*boom*

Jungkook yelped, slightly jumping from his position on his bed, dropping his phone onto the mattress. His eyes drifted to the balcony, widening in the process as a bright ball shot through the air, soon exploding with a loud boom and releasing a flurry of colorful fire in hues of red and gold. He closed his eyes quickly and jumped again at the sound that suddenly filled the quiet night, hands going to his ears to block out the frightening sound. He curled up into a ball, knees pressed against his chest, willing himself to block out the noise, but it was futile. The booming continued, and he felt himself whimper with every firework that filled the night sky, eyes scanning the room frantically for a distraction.

He got up from his position on the bed and made his way to the window, palms still tightly pressed against his ears. Reaching for the drawstring, he pulled on it and the curtains closed across the window, blocking the view from the balcony. He quickly darted towards the air conditioner control against the wall and turned it on full blast, the loud whirring of the cold air rushing in through the vents muffling the sound slightly. He shivered, the room becoming colder and colder, but continued to look around, almost tripping as he jumped once again, having heard another boom.

His eyes fell to Jimin's bed and without a second thought, slid underneath the covers of the older's bed and buried his face onto the pillow, taking a long whiff. But nothing, no scent besides laundry detergent filled his nostrils, and something along the lines of a whimper and a whine escaped his lips. He was stupid, of course it wouldn't smell like Jimin, he hadn't even sat on his own bed, let alone stay in their hotel room for more than fifteen minutes.

He curled up into a ball once again, shivering as the cold air of the air conditioner slipped through the sheets. His skin crawled, seeing nothing but darkness, but still, the louds boom continued, and he wanted nothing more in that moment than to curl up in Jimin's arms, hear his soothing voice fill his ears in an attempt to comfort him, whispering that everything was going to be okay. Just like that night, weeks ago.

His phone suddenly blared, its screen lighting up in the dark room, providing a soft glow for its surroundings. He breathed, once, twice, heart thumping wildly in his chest, not wanting to escape from his position. Still, the blaring continued, coming to a halt shortly, but continuing once again as whoever was calling him called again. Sniffling, he reached for his phone, jumping as the sound of the fireworks outside filled his ear, and squinted at the bright screen.

Jimin.

His fingers shook slightly as he answered the phone, pressing it tightly against his ear, shutting his eyes once again. He tried to say a simple "hello", but instead felt himself whimpering into the line. Heavy breathing filled his ears, followed by short pants and a lot of crackling through the line.

"Jungkook!" Despite the fear that filled his heart, he felt himself melt a little at the sound of Jimin's voice, having not heard it say his name in a long time, "Jungkook, can you hear me?" Again, no words came out of his mouth, and he chose to bite his lips instead, not wanting to whimper anymore.

"Jungkook, listen, just-" More crackling could be heard, and he could have sworn he heard the older wheeze, as if he was running against the wind, "Just hold on tight. I'm coming, okay? Everything is going to be alright, I promise."

Jungkook's heart hammered in his chest, nodding at Jimin's words before realizing that he couldn't see him. He finally managed a soft "okay" and listened to the breathing of his hyung, providing a distraction from the frightening noises outside the hotel. 

Minutes passed, and soon the sound of the room door being unlocked could be heard. A panting Jimin burst through the door, hands coming to rest on his knees, having ran all the way to the hotel, and quickly looked around the dark room, eyes landing on the lump on his bed. He swiftly made his way to the lump and lifted the covers carefully, uncovering a curled up Jungkook, hands pressed against his ears, eyes squeezed shut, soft whimpers escaping his lips. Nostalgia hit him like a ton of bricks at the familiar sight, but he wasted no time kicking off his shoes and sliding next to the younger, hands immediately reaching for his wrists to uncurl the younger from his position

He flinched as his fingers came in contact with cold skin, and suddenly realized how unbearably cold it was in the room. Once he got the younger to uncurl from his position, he quickly sat up, arms already tugging at the hem of his hoodie, and pulled it over his head, leaving him in just a black wife beater. He ignored the chilling air at his exposed arms, and pulled his hoodie over the younger's head.

"You idiot," Jimin hissed, helping the younger fit his arms through the sleeves. Jungkook stayed quiet, letting the older pull the hood over his head, basking in the sudden warmth that surrounded him, followed by the older's scent. There it was, that wonderful scent he had yearned for, "Why did you turn on the air conditioner? You're freezing."

"The fireworks," He mumbled, eyes downcasted as Jimin made his way to the wall, turning off the air conditioner. He looked up when the older's weight shook the bed slightly, but continued, "The whirring of the air conditioner helped, kind of."

Jimin's eyes softened at the sound of the younger's weak voice, and wrapped his arms around his waist, pulling him in while falling to his side, both of their heads landing on the pillow. He rubbed his back soothingly, letting the younger bury his head into his neck, short hiccups and whimpers escaping his lips at the sound of another firework bursting. He held him close, taking a liking to the way the younger's body pressed against his own.

"I came as soon as I heard the fireworks. I'm sorry I left you here alone."

Jungkook shook his head and closed his eyes, enjoying the warmth that surrounded him, the material of Jimin's hoodie soft and warm. Despite the fear that had overcome him, he sighed in content as the familiar scent filled his nostrils, Jimin's voice whispering sweet, comforint words into his ear. For once, he didn't care that his brain had stopped functioning, that his heart was beating wildly in his chest. For once, he didn't mind not being in control of his body, letting his emotions loose, exposing them to the world. Which he did, shortly after the fireworks finally stopped, and the night turned quiet again. 

Neither of them moved a muscle, both of them too lost in their own little world. Jungkook finally opened his eyes to look at Jimin, who smiled warmly in return, hand reaching to brush the bangs out of the younger's eyes, sliding the hood of the hoodie off his head. He clung to his hyung's shirt tightly, eyes never leaving the other's face.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, shaking his head. No, he needed to sound much more confident. He wanted the older to understand him clearly. He began again, his voice steadier, "I'm sorry hyung."

"I'm sorry for pushing you away. I'm sorry for ignoring you. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I just-" He tumbled over his words, mouth quickly turning dry, "Everytime you're around me, I feel like I can't function. My brain goes haywire, my heart starts beating so fast I feel like it's going to burst out of my chest, and I- I didn't like it, I didn't like losing control of something as simple as my body, my actions. But..."

His eyes drifted from the older's face, instead distracting himself by playing with the material of his shirt, twisting it into knots similar to those in his stomach, "... I don't mind it anymore. In fact, I actually enjoy the way I can be free around you, knowing you'll always be there, smiling by my side."

Jungkook felt himself tear up at his own words, realizing how harsh he had treated the other, "You're not annoying, you're not clingy, you're- you're you, Jiminnie hyung, and I don't want you to change. I know I'm a selfish brat, but please... stay by my side."

As the last words left his lips, Jungkook's eyes drifted back to Jimin's face, slightly startled by the way Jimin gazed at him tenderly and lovingly. Jimin brought his hand up and wiped away at the tears that had managed to escape the younger's eyes. He continued to smile warmly at the younger, and nodded his head, muttering a soft "okay."

Jungkook felt himself flush and tore his eyes away from the older's face, feeling a bit self conscious by the way he continued to stare at him. He buried his head onto Jimin's neck, a little whine escaping his lips.

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Stop looking at me as if you want to kiss me." Jungkook was startled at the words tumbling out of his mouth and bit his lip. There was short pause, causing Jungkook to look up from the lack of response from the older. His breath hitched in his throat, his cheeks flushing furiously at the proximity of the other's face.

"... And what if I do?" Jimin inched his face ever so close to the younger, searching for any signs of discomfort on the other's face. But to his surprise, there was none, Jungkook only nodding his head slightly, feeling a little shy as Jimin untangled his hand from his shirt, only to interwine it with his own.

Jungkook felt his eyes droop close, and there was a sudden warmness against his lips as Jimin leaned in and pressed his lips onto the younger's. It was a sweet, innocent kiss that sent him soaring, absolutely flying onto cloud nine. He blushed furiously as they parted for air, pressing their foreheads together, both feeling slightly dazed. Jimin pulled back first, only to press a kiss onto Jungkook's forehead, smiling cheekily at the way the younger's face turned even redder.

As they both started drifting off, Jimin brought his lips close to the younger's ear, and whispered quietly.

"I like you, Jungkookie," He felt his heart hammer against his ribcage when he felt the younger tighten the hold on his waist.

"... I like you, too, Jimminie."


20 words off from being a 5k oneshot jfc ok bye