Final

The Perfect Date

"An aquarium? Thank you so much!" Minghao sang.

"I figured it'd be a decent first date," I shrugged.

"Decent? It's perfect!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down." I laughed. "It's just a bunch of fish."

"But Junhui," he pouted, "it's been so long since I've been to an aquarium." It was too cute- I had to peck his cheek. Minghao flushed impossibly red.

After I paid for our tickets, we entered the aquarium. Almost immediately I lost Minghao. He was off looking at the fish with such happiness I couldn't help but to sit back and watch.

He probably wouldn't have left the jellyfish if it weren't for me. Minghao stared at those things like they were magical. "Why do you like those so much?" I asked. "They're just blobs of jelly."

"They're so cool, Junhui! They look cool, too."

"Yeah, whatever." I held his hand as we continued through the aquarium.

Every aquarium has sharks, and sometimes there's a tunnel going through the shark tank. ne was in a bad mood that day, because he stared at the people and bumped into the glass a few times. "Junhui, I'm scared." Minghao inched closer. I put an arm around his waist.

"You're safe, okay?  I won't let them hurt you. Besides, they can't through the glass."

"Are you sure?" He looked up to me with wide eyes.

"Of course."

We finally reached t penguins. As they swam underneath the walkway and appeared on the other side, Minghao looked his happiest. I decided to just lean against the wall and watch him.

I've never questioned why I fell for this kid. But if I did, this would be my answer. When he looks so happy because of something so small. His eyes light up and his smile is so pure and innocent. I want to take him and hug him and protect him from any kind of corruption.

"Junhui, what are you doing over here?" asked Minghao.

"Nothing. You ready to go?" He nodded. We entwined our fingers, leaving the penguin area.

That put us in the gift shop. We looked around for a few minutes but found nothing that either of us liked. Heading for the exit, I noticed a face painting station. "Hey, Ming, wanna get your face painted?"

He ended up getting a starfish on his right cheek.

"That's adorable," I said and kissed his lips.