final.

started with a kiss

 

 

park jimin didn’t know how he had ended up stuck in a tiny little broom closet pressed uncomfortably close against his crush to end all crushes; jeon jungkook. somehow earlier that night whilst at namjoon’s party, taehyung had somehow convinced jimin to play spin the bottle and right at that moment he wouldn’t have minded strangling kim taehyung with his bare hands. jimin shuffled around awkwardly, using the space he was so kindly not provided, to relieve his numb foot. this action however resulted in some even more awkward body rubbing and he heard jungkook sigh. jimin wasn’t even sure if jungkook knew who he was.

 

jeon jungkook was the epitome of perfection. the universe was the kindest to the golden seventeen year old- everyone wanted to be friends with him, heck everyone wanted to be jeon jungkook. he was captain of the basketball team, leader of the mathisfun club and was guaranteed school president when he reaches his final year. not to mention jeon jungkook just had to have a beautiful voice and could dance which added to his already long list of talents which just made him more than perfect.

meanwhile, park jimin considered himself to be a socially awkward, ually ambiguous, talentless teenager who was still trying to work himself out as a person. jimin spent most of his days playing league with seokjin and taehyung and the furthest he went with extra co-curricular activities was leagues club, which never did end up continuing after the first meet up.

so jimin could feel the contrast between him and this golden human being he was currently pressed up against.

“sorry,” he mumbled, carefully moving his left foot a bit which was currently zinging a lot. he heard jungkook  chuckle lightly.

“let’s get this over and done with.”

jimin had never kissed anyone before. jimin wasn’t ready to kiss anyone. jimin definitely wasn’t ready to press lips with his crush jeon jungkook. but he sure as hell wanted to.

he felt jungkook lean forward and jimin felt himself flush from head to toe. he stayed where he was and jungkook inched closer and closer, lips hovering above his own. then, he felt a light press against his mouth and it was gone before he could even relish it.

“alright, let em’ out,” a voice called from outside. the light seemed blinding as the broom closet was opened up. jimin saw taehyung give him the eyebrows and he simply death glared his best friend.

jimin shuffled back to his place in the circle next to taehyung and it was safe to say his heart was not beating at a normal pace. he still felt hot from head to toe and excused himself to use the bathroom.

he started to walk out from the room, wondering how he was going to navigate his way to namjoon’s bathroom when he saw jungkook approach him.

“hey, sorry about that,” jungkook smiled at him sheepishly. he could stare at that smile all day everyday if he could.

“i-i uh, it’s fine,” jimin managed to unattractively struggle out.

“you’re jimin yeah?” jungkook asked, “jungkook.”

he held out a hand and jimin shook it gratefully. of course he knew who jungkook was and it was kind of pathetic but he felt a little giddy that jungkook had known his name.

“catch you later,” jungkook gave another thousand dollar smile and walked off.

in no way was that situation healthy for jimin. he really liked jeon jungkook. but then again he was one in many who really liked jeon jungkook.

~

“why don’t you just ask him out?”

it was a tuesday and jimin was eating lunch with taehyung and seokjin in the cafeteria. jimin spluttered on the water he was drinking, effectively garnering the attention of others close by and they watched as he almost died choking.

taehyung patted him on the back.

“hyung what are you talking about,” jimin frowned. seriously, seokjin gave the weirdest advice sometimes.

“why not?” seokjin shrugged, “obviously you really like him. jungkook’s a good kid. the worst that can happen is that he says no.”

“hyung do you hear yourself,” jimin groaned, “even if i did ask him out, which i never will, he will obviously say no and that is the most humiliating thing that would happen!”

“you’re being overdramatic, you don’t even know if he’ll say no. i think you’re pretty cute jiminnie.”

jimin only groaned, deciding to ignore his hyung. never will he ask jeon jungkook out.

~

so that’s how he ended up waiting for jungkook at his locker, twiddling his thumbs and humming a tune he didn’t recognise. jimin hadn’t a clue what he was doing nor what he was going to say. he had no intention ever of confessing his stupid feelings for jeon jungkook but on whim he found himself here- watching jungkook come closer to his locker laughing at what his group of friends said.

jungkook turned slightly and caught jimin’s eyes, confusion plastered on his face, and gave a smile.

“hey, jimin!” he said, “can i help you with anything?”

jimin felt his stomach tighten and his voice catch in his throat and he stayed frozen for a good five seconds.

“i-, i just wanted to say that, uh, i just wanted to let you know that- um-“

jimin took a deep breath,

“i really like you.”

there was a moment of silence and jimin dared to look up at jungkook’s face and his heart dropped when jungkook looked surprisingly calm. of course, jungkook got confessions all the time so why would jimin’s be any different?

he saw jungkook was going to reply when jimin heard an obnoxious loud voice the background. “hul, why look at this,” it was minhyun, a guy jimin did not get along with. he was a typical loud, annoying popular jock that everybody secretly hated. “one kiss and jiminnie thinks he can have his happily ever after.”

jimin wanted to scream that this wasn’t case and he also wouldn’t have minded socking minhyun in the jaw.

he was going to stay and wait for jungkook’s reply when all of a sudden all he could hear was laughter and another voice saying; “is this the guy you were talking about kookie?”

jimin felt tears well up in his eyes. jungkook had talked about him and now he was the laughing stock of the whole school. he held his head down in shame and embarrassment as he turned away from jungkook and his stupid bunch of friends and fled. he ran until he reached the gates of the school and rebelliously left. his cheeks flamed and his chest hurt. stupid jeon jungkook. being laughed at was far worse than rejection.

 

jungkook watched, upset, as jimin turned away from him and ran.

“shut up.”

jungkook didn’t have to raise his voice but the laughter and the chatter simmered down instantaneously.

“do you people have nothing better to do with your lives? mind your own ing business,” he growled and for some people, it was the first time seeing the golden boy so angry.

he tried to look for jimin and skipped his next class. but he couldn’t find him.

 

~

“hey, it’s okay,” jimin was sitting on a park bench, currently leaning against hoseok, crying silently. hoseok had caught up with jimin when he saw him run out of the school.

“you should’ve seen him hyung, it was so obvious he had talked about me and everyone was laughing,” jimin said quietly.

“i don’t think jungkook is that type of person, jimin,” hoseok said, “minhyun is a though, nobody likes minhyun.”

“i know,” jimin wiped his eyes with the back of his hand.

“come now, hyung will buy you icecream.”

~

the next morning, jungkook came to school extra early in hopes of talking to jimin. he waited by the gates and he saw jimin walk in, his usual smile kind of faltered and jungkook hated that it was partly his fault, with hoseok’s arm around his shoulder. something surged within him, watching hoseok affectionately talk to jimin and jimin laughed at whatever he said.

realising jungkook was frowning, he put on a smile and headed towards the pair. jimin noticed him and froze immediately, while hoseok gave him a tight smile. jimin tried to continue walking but jungkook stopped him.

“hey jimin, can i talk to you?”

“i have class,” he mumbled quietly.

“it’ll only take a moment,” jungkook almost pleaded. hoseok nudged jimin and that somehow urged him to nod and hoseok walked away, catching up with yoongi.

that walked slowly to a more secluded area of the school, jungkook effectively ignoring the looks he was getting from other people. they could stick their noses else where.

meanwhile, jimin felt nervous. why would jungkook want to speak with him?

“i’m sorry, about yesterday,” jungkook said, looking towards his feet, “minhyun is an , i’m not even friends with him.”

jimin just nodded, finding the rock on the ground quite interesting. “i get it, okay? you don’t have to explain yourself or apologise.”

“what?” jungkook asked, confused.

“you get confessions almost every day, jungkook,” jimin grumbled, “mine wasn’t all that different.”

“but,” he started but jimin cut him off.

“there’s seriously nothing left to say so if i could go to class now…”

“you didn’t even let me reply yet,” jungkook said, bold.

this time, it was jimin who was utterly confused.

“what do you mean… i already know what you were going to say.”

jungkook smiled, “oh, that’s good. you’re all good for saturday then? i’ll meet you at starbucks.”

jimin was left speechless, jungkook’s word replaying in his head.

 

then jungkook leaned in to kiss jimin for the second time. and this time round, jimin kissed back. 

 


note: thanks for reading! <3