Jimin Is The Top Madam

The Small, And The Smaller

“Ahh! Really, whose idea was it to put this cupboards so high up?”

Jimin’s angry complaints echoed throughout the dorm room. This had been going on for a while, but it wasn’t odd for AOA’s beloved leader to randomly get mad at inanimate objects.

“Come down here and fight me, you stupid cupboards. Let me eat all of your delicious insides.”

In the living room, Choa slowly closed the book she had been reading, “Understanding Your Teen's Slang” by Dr. Jerry Weichman, and slowly rubbed her temples. Having lived with the girls of AOA for 3 years, she had already gotten used to a lot of the girls quirks. However, there was one quirk Choa could never get used to, no matter how much she tried; and that was the obnoxious, evil laughter that Jimin would use when she became frustrated.

Slowly, she approached the kitchen, where she was not surprised to see her leader glaring directly at the high cupboards.

Choa released a resigned sigh, “this is the fourth time this week you have fought with the dorm’s furniture. What is it this time?” Jimin’s glare was now redirected at the oldest AOA member.

“You have no idea what I’ve been through. I have been here thirty minutes now, trying to reach the cookies the lot of you, somehow, managed to stack all the way up there!” Choa rolled her eyes at the leader’s dramatic antics.

“Why don’t you just ask Seolhyun to get them down for you?”

“She was called by the CEO about an hour ago, you know how they love to overwork her.” Jimin’s eyebrows furrowed in concern.

“How about Hyejeong, she’s definitely in her room. I saw her go in there with three cups of noodles a few minutes ago.”

A low growl left Jimin’s mouth, “I’d rather sell my left lung, before I even go and ask, or even talk, to that freaking titan.”

The blonde girl winced at her leader’s harsh tone. “What’d she do this time?”

“That giant, had the guts to stand next to me…” Jimin’s face was filled with rage. “And use my head as an arm-stand.”

A gasp escaped the blonde. “She didn’t!”

Jimin stoically gave two severe nods. “She did.”

Outrage was coursing through Choa’s being. “You know what, who needs those giants anyways? I will help you.” Choa flashed Jimin a bright smile, and even send a wink accompanied by a thumbs up towards her leader.

With a defeated look Jimin turned to face the floor, “We might was well forget about those cookies existence.”

“Yah!” Choa let out a displeased yell, but remembered the effects of stress on the skin, and quickly began practicing her breathing exercises.

“Whatever! Let’s just get this over with, okay?”

“Ugh,” Jimin groaned “Fine! But if we fail, which we will, you’ll buy me a pizza.”

“Don’t be so negative!.. And those cookies are way cheaper than a pizza!”

“Whoa Choa-unnie, I don’t make the rules here.”

“You literally just did!”

Choa’s frustrated complaints were overpowered by Jimin’s gleeful cries.

“Okay! Okay; but the only reason I’m agreeing to those conditions, is because I know we’re gonna get them.”

Jimin rolled her eyes at the member’s positivity. “Well, what’s your plan Sherlock?”

Choa’s eyes scanned the room, until they landed on the tallest chair in the room. She rapidly went to get it, and just as quickly, dragged it in front of the desired cupboard. She shot Jimin a smug smile, before she climbed on top of it.

“See, Jimin? All you needed was a little of wit and a chair so you could–”

It was now Jimin’s turn to send the blonde girl, whose hand was nowhere near the cupboard, a smug smile. “I had already tried that, genius.”

Choa started to stand on her toes, yet the cupboards were still miles away.

With a sigh, Choa jumped off of the chair, and landed with a dull thud. Minutes went with neither of the girls talking; Jimin was busy giving Choa the most displeased stare she could muster. While Choa was busy thinking of possible plans to reach their goal, literally.

“Jimin,” Choa’s voice startled Jimin out of her exasperated stares. “Come here.”

Choa gestured the other girl to hurry over where she was. In a daze, Jimin was standing in front of the positive girl.

“Carry me.”

Jimin’s mouth was agape with indignation. “What? No freaking way!”

Choa huffed. “Jimin, if you want to get those cookies, then you’ll have to carry me on your shoulders.”

Jimin laughed sarcastically. “I have an even better idea. How about if you, carry me.”

“You know my back hasn’t been too well”

“So? I am no way in hell, going to carry you.”

Choa was left with agape. “Why won’t you just carry me?”

“Because I’m the motherf*cking top madam.” Jimin whined.

“Oh my god.” Choa muttered, “You have got to be kidding me right now.”

“I ain’t kidding grandma.” AOA’s leader scoffed.

“That has got to be the dumbest argument you have ever used, Jimin.”

“Oh, now you’re calling me dumb?”

Their bickering was slowly growing in volume.

“What I never even said that, are you listening to yourself right now?”

“No, it’s you who’s not listening to me right now, you–” Jimin stop mid-argument, when the sound of the refrigerator’s door being closed interrupted their heated discussion.

There, in front of the (now closed) refrigerator, stood a frightened Mina. Eyes wide with fear, her back tightly pressed against the refrigerator, hoping it would somehow make her disappear. “I swear I didn’t mean to interrupt you two, I honestly just came for some juice.”

Jimin and Choa’s eyes were staring directly at the cowering Mina. Taking notice of the eyes on her, she quickly extended her juice box towards the older members.

“You two can have it if you want, I have more in the fridge… but, like, I already stuck the straw in this one.” Her eyes shifted from her juice to the other two members. Her hand unconsciously tightening the juice box, not really wanting to let go.

Jimin took three big strides towards the youngest member in the room, making the youngest panic. “I said you can take the juice!” she hastily pushed the juice box towards her leader, not wishing to receive Jimin’s wrath.

“We don’t want you darn juice, Mina.”

“You don’t?” Mina slowly brought the juice closer to her, and started to rapidly drink it.

Jimin made a disgusted face. “Who even likes juice with pulp!”

After Mina was done drinking her juice, Jimin tugged on Mina’s arm, until the latter was standing in front of the high cupboard.

“Listen carefully Mina, I will stand up on your shoulders, and you will endure however long it takes for me to get the cookies that reside in that cupboard, got it? Got it.”

Before Mina could even process her leader’s instructions, Jimin was already up in a chair and was quickly standing up in Mina’s petite shoulders.

***

The three of them were now in the living room. Choa, once again, contently reading her fascinating book. Mina tearfully rubbing one of her shoulders, whilst sipping on one of the many juice boxes that surrounded her.

“Hey! I’m not that heavy, stop complaining.” Jimin was lazily sprawled on the sofa, munching on her much desired cookies. “I’ll buy you some ice cream later.” She said in between munches.

Mina’s eyes were now void of any tears, her joyful eyes were staring at her leader. “Really?”

Jimin cast a side glance to her now excited member. “Uh, sure.”

“Hyejeong! Guess what. Jimin-unnie will buy me some ice cream.” Hyejeong, who had finally decided to leave her room, shot her best friend a wide smile. “I see Jimin does have a heart in there somewhere.”

Hyejeong had meant to give a playful grin at her small leader, but when her eyes turned towards the tiny girl, her eyes zeroed on the cookies the girl was eating.

“Jimin-unnie,” Hyejeong started to slowly stalk towards her leader. “I don’t know why,” Hyejeong’s hair shadowed the tallest girl’s features. “But those cookies, look eerily similar to my cookies that I had secured on the highest cabinet on the kitchen.”

Choa’s head snapped towards Jimin. “Did you know those were Hyejeong’s this entire time?” The blonde’s question came barely as a nervous whisper.

Jimin thickly swallowed the cookie that had been in . “Yeah.” Came Jimin’s tense answer.

Mina slowly laid her juice box on the table. “Jimin-unnie.” The smallest girl started calmly. “Run for your life!” with the black haired girl’s shrill scream, AOA’s tiny leader scampered towards her room, with a livid Hyejeong closely chasing her.

“Come back here, Shin Jimin!”