I Choose You

Natural Disasters

Chapter One

Natural Disasters | PokemonAU!

By jungkaren

a/n: I am very sorry, first of all, for not updating or being active. The chapters will probably be at least 4,000-6,000 words long. Maybe short. It depends if I’ll have time due to work and school. I want to thank those who subscribe to this story. I will try my absolute best to make this AU as Pokemon as possible. This story is exo focused as in everyone will get their own parts and stories. I do not own Pokemon. I’ve grew up with Pokemon since childhood and even until now. Thank you for understanding.

Hoenn Region. Petalburg City, Junmyeon’s house. 6:31 AM

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Kim Junmyeon! You better get up this instant or I’m going to bust this door down!”

“Argh! Five more minutes, mom!”

“You are gonna be late, Mister! Professor Park is waiting for you!”

Junmyeon’s eyes shut wide open as he was still in bed and hurriedly got up. Pants on, shirt on, socks on, and shoes on. He threw his bag around his shoulder and rushed out of the door, “Oh no! I forgot Eevee!” He went back to grab his precious pokeball and went downstairs towards the kitchen.

“Mr. Kim Junmyeon.”

“No talk right now, mom! Gotta go! I’ll see you later!”

Junmyeon grabbed a slice of French toast and he was on his way to Professor Park’s lab on his bike. Today was a new adventure for one of our heroes, Junmyeon. He was going to get a new mission from the greatest Pokemon professor.

Junmyeon arrive shortly and knocked on the door. The door is quickly flung open as Professor Park is standing in front of him, “Junmyeon!”

Junmyeon jumped a bit, “I’m ready for my next mission, Professor.”

The clumsy professor pulled Junmyeon inside his lab, “Junmyeon. I need you to go to Professor Lee’s lab in the Kanto region.”

Junmyeon blinked in confusion, “For what?”

“There’s no time to explain! My assistant will be here soon to take you by plane!”

The professor was searching for something and finally found a small box containing stones, evolution stones to be exact and handed the box to Junmyeon, “Take very good care of this.” Junmyeon slowly opened the box and his eyes gleed wide, “P-professor.. These a-are--“ “Yes. They’re evolution stones. Fire, water, and lightning.” Junmyeon looked at the older male, “But.. What if Eevee doesn’t want to be any of these…?” The professor smiled and patted the other’s shoulders, “That depends on Eevee. He can be a Glaceon, Leafeon, Espeon, Umbreon, or Sylveon.”

Junmyeon nodded and the helicopter arrives to take Junmyeon, “Go. You must go now, Junmyeon.” Junmyeon quickly fled to the copter and the professor watched it leave, “Go. Go onward and save the pokemon world, Chosen One…”

Johto Region. Blackthron City, Blackthron City Gym. 7:03 AM

“Dragonaire! Use Iron Tail!”

The dragon serpent’s tail grew iron and whacked the other Pokemon.

“Naire!”

“Dratini! No!”

The young Dratini had fainted during battle and was defeated.

“End of battle! The winner is Amber!”

Henry declares the win to his sister, Amber, who is the leader of the Blackthron City gym and sibling number two. Henry, sibling number one, is the Champion of both the Johto League and Kanto League and also one of the Elite Four (once a new champion is crowned).

“Dratini, return!”

The young dragon serpent returns into its pokeball as it rests itself from another defeat battle Yifan couldn’t win. “Yifan. Don’t push yourself so much.” Amber came along with Henry and her female Dragonaire (the second evolution of Dratini) with one hand on her hip and the other petting her pokemon. Yifan sighed deeply and looked down.

“I lost again, Amber. I’m never gonna be on the same level as you. Especially Henry. Maybe being a Dragon master isn’t.. Me.”

“Don’t be harsh on yourself. You’re still learning and so is Dratini. You two still have a long journey as one. Dratini will become a great Dragonite soon. It’s gonna take some time.”

Henry gently patted his tall, younger brother on the shoulder, “It’ll be alright. You have us to help you. Now, go out there and go get them.” Henry chuckled, “I’ll be waiting for you.” “And so will I.” Amber smiled at Yifan and Yifan pulled a gummy smile. “Thanks Henry and Amber.” The three siblings joined their last group hug as Yifan was going off on an adventure with Dratini. Yifan grabbed his bag on the floor and sighed gently, “Bye guys. I’ll be home as soon as I can.” He gave Henry and Amber another smile before leaving the gym to begin his quest before Henry stopped him, “Yifan wait.” Henry hands Yifan a pokeball, “Take Flygon with you.” Yifan looked at the pokeball and back to his brother, “Henry. I can’t..” Henry just gently shoved the ball into Yifan’s hands, “Flygon will be taking you to the Kanto region. There’s an important manor you must attend to.” Yifan blinked in confusion and just nodded. Henry seemed very serious and Yifan promised to care for Flygon as much as he will. As all three of them exit the gym, Yifan released the ground/dragon typed pokemon out of its ball and they flew to the lab of Professor Lee in the Kanto region. The two older siblings watched their younger brother disappear into the sky farther and farther.

“You think he’ll like the news..?” Amber asked Lance.

“I don’t know. It depends if he has the heart to rescue the Pokemon world knowing how much of a cold male he is..”

Hoenn Region. Lilycove City, Jongin & Kyungsoo’s home. 8:27 AM

“Hmm.. Jongin, not now..”

Kyungsoo was cuddle up against his lover, Jongin, of two years in their Lilycove home right by the sea line. Lilycove is known to have the biggest shopping mall in all of Hoenn where many locals and citizens from other regions come to look around.

The two were currently in bed after last night’s intimate session when having one too many glasses of Black Stella Rose. The sun was shining through a small crack between the curtains and Kyungsoo got up to rub his eyes. Their door opened and Jongin’s Absol came in with a Pelipper mail, “Mhm? What’s this, Absol?” Absol gave them the letter as Kyungsoo read it to himself and stared at it. Jongin got sat up a little after and hugged his lover from behind, “What’s wrong, Kyunggie?” Kyungsoo stared at the letter more, “Jongin. We have to go. Professor Lee from the Kanto region requests for our help along with other selected pokemon trainers.” Jongin’s eyes opened and he sees the letter in Kyungsoo’s hand, taking a few minutes to read it, “Lets go.” The males got out of the bed quickly as Jongin headed to the shower first as Kyungsoo cleaned up the mess they made in the bedroom before heading off to join Jongin in their shared bathroom for a shower.

Kanto Region. Saffron City, Luhan’s house. 9:47 AM

The Gym leader of Saffron City knocked on the door of her younger brother and gently twisted the knob, “Luhan..”

Luhan looked deeply out to his window and watched the busy streets of Saffron being occupied, “Tori..”

Victoria sighed softly, “You see it, huh?”

Luhan’s hands tighten themselves to become fists, “He must be stopped.” The boy turned away and grabbed his backpack, “Let’s go, Ralts.” The small pokemon followed its trainer and looked at Victoria, putting its arms out to ask for a hug. Victoria just smiled and picked up Ralts, hugging him, “Take care of Luhan for me, okay?” Ralts nodded with a smile and Victoria put him down, quickly following his master to Pallet Town where Professor Lee is waiting for him and the rest of the Chosen Trainers.

Hoenn Region. Dewford Town, Dewford Gym. 10:15 AM

“Rouge! Rouge! Rouge!”

“Come on, Tyrouge! Faster!”

Zitao and his pokemon, Tyrouge, were in a steamy close combat training in the Dewford gym getting ready for their first adventure together. Zitao and Tyrouge are going to take the Dewford boat service to Route 104 were he will begin his first gym battle in Rustboro City to challenge the Gym leader, Roxanne, who has chosen rock-types as her forte. Everything was going smoothly until a sudden earthquake began to shake in the ocean near the small town. The waves were rippling and people were scrambling around, trying to get away from the high waves as they crashed down almost causing a small flood in the streets. Tyrouge became frighten and cried, holding onto Zitao’s leg.

“Are you two okay?!”

Zitao’s brother, Zhou Mi, entered the gym in a rush and held onto his little brother, “We’re fine, ge. Tyrouge got scared though.” The pokemon quietly cried on Zitao’s leg and Zhou Mi let go for a brief moment, “Zitao. Professor Lee requests for your help in a mission.” Zitao looked at his brother, “Professor Lee??? You mean THE Professor Lee, the world’s greatest Pokemon expert???!”

Zhou Mi nodded, “Yes. He needs your help.” The young boy nodded and had Tyrouge back in its pokemon ball, “Let’s go.” The both headed out of the building and headed towards the town’s city boat, “I have specifically requested Mr. Fuji to sail you to the Kanto region. The professor is waiting for your arrival.” Zitao nodded and went to get his bag to change before waving his brother bye. A great journey lies ahead for one of our heroes.

Kanto Region. Cinnabar Island, Chanyeol & Baekhyun’s home. 11:00 AM

“Kiss~!”

Togekiss and Arcanine were playing together in the backyard as the two lovely couple were inside, cooking some breakfast for them and their pokemon. Chanyeol hugged his beloved from behind and Baekhyun jumped a bit.

“Ah! Park Chanyeol!”

Baekhyun safely put the knife down and turned around to smack his husband on the shoulder, pouting, “You almost made me cut myself.” He gave his husband a death glare.

“Sorry, honey.” Chanyeol kissed his husband on the forehead with a gently smile giving Baekhyun butterflies in his stomach.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been dating for three amazing years. Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been childhood friends and went on adventures with their very first pokemon. Chanyeol’s starter pokemon was Charmander. Charmander evolved to Charmeleon and then to Charizard. But, Chanyeol lost Charizard because he sacrificed himself to save Chanyeol from being hurt by Team Rocket. Chanyeol hasn’t seen Charizard since then and he is vowed to find Charizard and bring him back.

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun frowned and cupped his partner’s cheeks, “Hey. You okay?”

Chanyeol’s senses came back to him and he sees Baekhyun’s worried face, “I’m fine, Baek.”

Baekhyun shook his head, “I know that face. We’ll get him back okay?”

He connects their foreheads together and smiled, “We’ll find Charizard. We’ll find him and we’ll get him back.”

Chanyeol nodded and held onto Baekhyun, acknowledging of being grateful to have a person like Baekhyun on his side. “We have to go soon. Professor Lee is waiting for us.”

“Right.”

Sinnoh Region. Sunnyshore City, Jongdae’s apartment studio. 12: 01 PM

Snores were filling the small studio apartment as Shinx was currently looking for his teacher. Most of the time, its Shinx who wakes first before his trainer. Jongdae actually isn’t a morning person. He’s more of a night vulture. Shinx finds his trainer on the bed with his body spiral like a starfish and he smirked. Shinx loved the morning wake up call. This means he gets to wake his partner up.

“Shiii!!!”

Shinx uses Thunder Shock as the electricity travels to Jongdae and Jongdae screams out.

“Ahhhh!!!!!!”

Jongdae falls to the floor and Shinx bursts into laughter. And that’s how the day started for the two. Jongdae still in complete shock, literally and Shinx being happy that he got his trainer to be awake.

“Beep! Beep!”

Jongdae quickly got up, “My phone!” He frantically searched for it and picked up the phone call, “Dad! Hey!”

“Hello Jongdae. I’m gonna assume you just woke up just now.”

Jongdae laughed softly, “How did you know?”

His father, Minho, who is the Gym leader of Mauville City in the Hoenn region, just laughed over the phone, “I’m really glad I gave you Shinx. At least there’s someone over there to wake you up besides your mother and I.”

“Ha. Sure, dad. Sure.”

Minho’s tone soon changed, “Jongdae. I need you to come to the Kanto region.”

“.. For what dad?”

“Professor Lee has requested for your help in a mission.”

“A mission?”

“Yes. I need you to leave now. I’ll have Yonghwa drive you to the dock. The ferry is gonna leave in an hour. So better hurry up and pack light. You probably won’t return home. That’s all I know for now. You’re gonna have to ask Professor Lee about the rest. I love you son.”

“I love you too, dad.”

Jongdae hung up the phone with his father and quickly began to get ready. When his father is having a serious conversation with him like that, that means something bad is about to happen.

Sinnoh Region. Snowpoint City, Minseok’s cabin home. 1:11 PM

“Vanillite.”

Minseok softly called out his pokemon as they were playing hide and seek in the show. Vanillite is white so she has an advantage.

“This is so unfair. Your coat is white.” Minseok groaned and carefully searched in the snow, not wanting to step on Vanillite just in case she hid herself among the snow. Suddenly, the bushes behind him began to move and Minseok quickly turned around. It was a Starly that had a purple ribbon wrapped around one of its legs. The poor pokemon looked like it was hurt and fainted in the snow. “Oh no!” Minseok quickly went to aid the pokemon, “Vanillite. Vaniilite! Our friend is hurt!” Vaniilite came out of the snow from the farthest corner and quickly went to her master. Minseok analyzed the bird pokemon and frowned, “Lets go to the Pokemon Center.”

“Vanill.”

The two rushed their way to the center with Starly in his arms. The two soon arrived and Nurse Yoona and her Chansey took Starly into the ER. The center’s doors opened and came in a young boy, “Has anyone seen my Stary?!” Minseok was overhearing the boy and turned, “Does your pokemon have a purple ribbon on its leg?” The boy gasps, “Yes! That’s my Starly!” The little boy began to cry, “I lost her in the woods!” He was sobbing his tears out and Minseok hugged the young child, “It’s okay, it’s okay. Your Stary is safe. Nurse Yoona is helping her right now.” They turn to the closed ER doors, “See. She’ll be just fine.” The boy nodded and they both sat down in the waiting area. Minseok looked outside and saw the storm getting worsen. A text is sent to his phone and he looked at it.

“Hello Minseok. This is one of Professor Lee’s assistants. The professor has requested for your assistance in a mission. Please and report to the professor’s lab in the Kanto region by 5:00 PM.”

Minseok looked at the time and its almost 1:30. He has three and a half hours. He had to get going soon if he wants to catch the ferry. He tells the boy that he had to leave and he boy nods, waving bye to Minseok. Minseok immediately rushed home with Vanillite and packed up. He knew that he probably wasn’t going to come home tomorrow.

Johto Region. Violet City, Violet City Gym. 2:36 PM

“The battle between Gym Leader, Donghae and Oh Sehun from Violet City will begin. This will be a three on three battle and only the challenger can substitute out his pokemon. Let the battle.. BEGIN.”

Donghae makes his move first, “Lets go, Skarmory!”

The pokemon releases itself from the ball and appears on the battlefield, “Skar!”

Sehun tighten his grip on his pokeball and threw it, “Go, Starly!”

The bird pokemon came out of its ball and flew into the battle field, “Starly~”

Starly was facing Skarmory as Skarmory’s strong look intimidated Starly a bit.

“Starly! Don’t be nervous!”

“Skarmory! Use Peck!”

The steel bird’s beak began to glow and sharpen itself, pecking Starly even though it wasn’t effective, Sehun’s Starly is still at a beginning level so it will take half the effective. Starly gets hit straight to the ground and faints instantly.

“Starly!”

“Skarmory, return.”

The large bird returns to its pokeball as Sehun aids his pokemon. Sehun cradles the fainted Starly into his arms, “Starly, I’m so sorry.. I-I froze..”

Donghae walked towards his brother and patted his shoulder, “It’s okay, Sehun. Don’t pressure yourself.”

Sehun looked up at his brother, “But.. I froze.. I’m a bad trainer already..”

Donghae just smiled and chuckled, “It was your first battle. Well, your first practice battle at least. If you and Starly practice more, maybe or actually who knows, you’ll be able to beat me, your brother.”

Sehun smiled a bit, “Thanks, brother.”

The doors of the gym open as a man who appears to be in a lab coat enters the gym, “Violet Gym Leader.”

Donghae stood up with Sehun, “I am. And who’s asking?”

“I’m Tony Ahn. I’m one of Professor Lee’s assistants. I come here to get your brother. Its time.”

Donghae sighed softly and Sehun looked at his brother in confusion, “Brother. What’s going on?”

He turned around and held onto Sehun’s shoulders, “Sehun. I can’t explain it but.. the world is in danger. You’re one of the Chosen Ones that will be able to save the Pokemon world.”

“Is that why… all the natural causes are happening recently..?”

Donghae nodded, “Go. You must save the pokemon world with other chosen ones.”

Sehun nodded and took his backpack, slinging it to his back, “I love you, brother.”

“I love you too, Sehun.” Donghae pulled his brother into a tight embrace. Sehun tightly hugged his brother back and hid his face on his brother’s shoulder. These brothers were going to be separated for a while or for a long time. Depending how long the adventure is gonna take.

Kanto Region. Lavender Town, Pokemon Tower. 3:00 PM

“Happiny.”

Happiny hands Yixing a blanket and pillow for the resting Shinx that a trainer came in with from a rough battle with Cerulean City’s gym leader, Minha.

“Thank you, Happiny.”

The adorable pink pokemon smiled with a nod and goes to help adjust pillows for other resting pokemon. A soft knock came from the door and entered Tiffany, Yixing’s adopted mother.

“Yiyi.”

Yixing stood up from his spot and saw his mother, “Mom.” He went towards her way and carefully walked to her, “What’s wrong? Your tone of voice sounds sad.” He frowned as his dimples showed, “You can tell me.” Tiffany burst into silent tears and hugged her child into her arms. It was time for her son to leave her on a large journey because she will never know when her son will come back to her arms, “My baby.. You must go see Professor Lee in Pallet Town. He said its urgent.” She wiped her tears and Yixing helped her, “Is that why you’re crying?” The mother sniffled and nodded, “I’ll be back, mom.” Yixing said and hugged her tightly. Why did he have a feeling that he wasn’t going to come back..?

The two along with Happiny left home and packed. Tiffany hugged her baby bye and watched him walk farther and farther away from home. She is really going to miss her baby. She prayed to the ancient pokemon ancestors for a safe journey and the rest of the unknown trainers who are taking part.

Kanto Region. Pallet Town, Professor Lee’s Laboratory. 5:00 PM

Professor Lee patiently waited for the Chosen Heroes in his laboratory. He was finally gotten word of who is the cause behind all the natural disasters happening in the entire Pokemon world. The first person to enter in is Yixing.

“Yixing.”

“Hello Professor Lee.”

The professor gestures the long table filled with empty seats, “Please and take a seat and make yourself at home. The others will be arriving soon.”

The boy nodded and took out his two pokemon, Happiny and Pupitar. The two pokemon squealed and played with each other around the large lab. One of Professor Lee’s female assistants, Hyori, poured a cup of tea for Yixing. He thanks her and waited with the professor. Soon each of the heroes came one by one, some in pairs. After an hour, everyone is gathered at the table with some snacks, water, and teas.

“I have called all of you for important missions that only selective of you have been picked out of the millions of pokemon trainers. My lab has been informed that the mysterious disasters are happening because someone has captured Legendary pokemon for the evil doing. His name is Kim Youngmin.”

Everyone gasps at the table!

“Professor! You mean--!”

“Yes, dear boy. The leader of Team Rocket has captured three already. He’s already captured Mewtwo, Giratina, and Hoopa. His plan is to rule the pokemon world by using these ancient pokemon to destroy all of mankind and pokekind. You twelve must catch the remaining ancient pokemon and used them to defeat Youngmin. This man will not be stopped until all olden pokemon have been captured. The world is depending on you all. Please and save this world.”

End of Chapter One.

A/n: So? What do you guys think? Is it yeah or meh? Comment and lmk! Thank you for reading and thank you to those who subscribed!