Mondays

Unexpected

On Monday morning Nana wasn’t excited to go to school. It was bad enough that she had to give back Jongin’s shirt that day, which required her actually going up to him, but she was pretty sure they were starting volleyball that day.

Nana hated volleyball.

When she got into the school she noticed she was the object of more attention than usual. It wasn’t like everyone was staring at her or anything but there were definitely more glances at her.

She was confused at first but then she realized how it must have looked for her and Jongin to have been alone in the pool together when everyone saw them.

Nana thought it best to pretend like there was nothing different going on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The bell rang, signalling the start of lunch and Nana’s humiliation.

Jongin sat at the popular EXO table. Only the guys and their girlfriends were ever allowed to sit there or even approach there. EXO wasn’t strict and mean about it but people never broke the rule anyway.

And now she, Nana, a nobody, was going to have to talk to Jongin while he was sitting at that table. He wasn’t in any of her classes so lunch time was the only time she could give him back his shirt.

She held the clean, folded shirt in her hands and, slightly trembling, started walking towards the EXO table.

They were all laughing and having fun. Not all of EXO had girlfriends but the ones that did, sat beside their significant other.

Nana spotted Taeyeon there right away.

As she came closer Jongin noticed her and immediately got up. She gulped as he smiled, nervously it seemed, and shoved his hand in his pocket. He didn’t start walking towards her though.

By the time she got to the table it was quiet and everyone there was looking at her. She kept her eyes down as she held up the shirt to Jongin.

“Oh thanks,” Jongin grabbed the shirt, “Umm do you want to sit here?”

Nana was surprised but she knew what people would think if she sat at the table so she replied, “I actually have to go to the library.”

She turned to leave but Jongin cried, “I do too! Let’s go together.”

Now Nana was taken aback. It seemed that Jongin wanted to spend time with her. He couldn’t possibly-

Stop Nana. The popular boy falling for the quiet girl only happens in books.

Even contemplating the thought would only hurt her in the end.

They walked the halls quietly and the few people lingering by their lockers stared.

Nana felt heat gathering in her ears and thanked the heavens she didn’t blush colour too easily.

“So what’s your favourite class?” Jongin kept his eyes forward as he asked her.

“Uh English. What about you?” Nana would not mumble in front of him anymore. She hoped.

“Personally I like Math, “Jongin smiled, “If you look at my report card, English gets the most red out of any of them”

Nana couldn’t bring herself out to believe this too much. Jongin wasn’t a slacker. People said he was a genius at math.

She didn’t know why it came out of but it did.

“You seem like you are good at everything though.”

Jongin was visibly taken aback by this but he replied quickly enough.

“Well I do okay at school and making friends but I am not the best to my sisters. I am pretty mean around them actually. And I absolutely at wrestling. I used to play piano but failed majorly at that so I quit. I only really like playing basketball and…?” He blushed inexplicably.

“And…?” Nana asked, curious.

“I like dancing. I know it’s seen as ‘girly’ but I can get lost in music anytime,” Jongin quieted now.

Nana turned this over in her head. He must not tell many people because she hadn’t ever heard this particular fact about him.

They reached the library and Nana told Jongin she wanted to find a book to read. He came with her and before she could ask him about what he had to do in the library, he backed her up into a bookshelf suddenly.

Their breaths mingled and before Nana could think ert his whisper came.

“Lina is here. If she sees me she will definitely come over. I know it’s rude but I don’t really want to deal with her right now. So please just wait a bit.”

He looked at her and widened his eyes. Guess he only figured out how close they were now.

“Sorry”

Nana closed her eyes not thinking about how embarrassing that actually was.

She could feel his hard lines against her own softer ones. She might have had more muscle than a regular girl due to HapKiDo but he was still harder. Which reminded her….

“What martial arts do you do?” Nana asked suddenly, her eyes snapping open.

Jongin stared at her in surprise and then quickly answered, “Taekwondo. How did you…?”

Nana felt heat gathering in her ears again and quickly interrupted, “Remember by the pool. Before we fell in…”

She pointedly looked away now but not before she saw a slight pink blossoming on his cheeks. She wanted to smirk.

“Oh yeah…. So which one do you do?” Jongin asked.

“HapKiDo. How long have you been doing Taekwondo?” Nana questioned.

“About 5 years. You?” Jongin replied.

“8. You were pretty good,” Nana loved HapKiDo and could talk about it for literally ever.

“Thanks. You were too,” Jongin smiled and Nana smiled back. They stared at each other for a few seconds before realizing they were still pressed up against each other. But before they could pull away a scream came.

It was Lina and she was staring with shock at the both of them. A book lay open on the ground underneath her hand.

Nana knew this time she was screwed.