Kris- Exo school version

A bite of life

I was rummaging and clearing the stuffs in my laptop when I found a bunch of forgotten pieces. I was so in love with "growl" (both song and choreography) and also their outfit in this album. So I think I wrote a school au for most of the members. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kris was a well-respected figure in SM Academy. He was the class president, the current captain of basketball team and rumored to be the next school president as well. Being nothing but excellent in both academic, (however, he did struggle a bit with art) and sport, he was easily the target of attention. He was almost always under the spotlight, being showered with admiration and respect.

Kris grouped the students in this school into two types; Acquaintance and close friends. Scratch that. He divided the students in this school into three types; Acquaintance, close friends and girlfriend. In the eyes of his acquaintances, he was perfect; good genes in terms of everything (height, looks, brain) and of course, good family background. Even his cold facade was regarded as a plus point in most female’s eyes. People tried to befriend him for every possible shallow reason, but Kris could see right through them. He was still kind enough to not point it out in front of their faces.

He had a rather big group of close friends. The group recently had an addition of two more students who were currently still high school seniors ( the rest were already in college) and so there were a total of twelve. Being not a fan of crowds, he actually found his eleven friends interesting and that surprised him a little. He wouldn’t mind spend his afternoon procrastinating with the group when he had more important things to attend to. He was one of the older members in the group but he would be found joining his friends’ immature act from time to time. Dorky side of his slipping out more often than normal.

When it came to his girlfriend, his personality had a three digits degree turn. A few changes were noted from his usual behavior with friends. He would be really caring towards her, a little bit of possessiveness would be slipping out once in a while. The latter was actually an understatement. He was possessive when it came to his girlfriend. His intimidating aura he unintentionally emitted would only be vanished when she was around him.

“Yi fan, I will be fine.”

Kris was now in a rather secluded area of the school with his girlfriend. The place was nicely beautified with lush green grass and trees with huge crowns that provide maximum shades. A manicured path would lead the way from the gate towards the center where an old oak tree was still standing proudly after so many years. A few wooden benches and tables were tucked nicely within the shade provided by the lush leaves and branches.

Kris sat on the bench with his girlfriend’s hand in his. He had one of his eyebrows arched and was giving a disapproving look.

The girl sighed for the umpteen times and pouted.

“No.”

“Why?” She pressed her lips into a firm line.

He ruffled his hair. “You know how I feel about you going there alone.”

“It’s a party and there will be people. I am not alone.” She was grabbing onto his hand rather firmly, trying hard to convince him to allow her to go to the school party later that evening.

“I can’t let you go unattended when I know that half of the boys are ogling at you.” He wasn’t exaggerating when he mentioned this.

His girlfriend, Xu qian ying, was very pretty and had been voted as one of the top 3 beauties in SM Academy.  With her delicate features and dazzling smile, those could already render most boys here breathless. And Kris wouldn’t want any boys who he was not familiar with to get close to her. 

“I can’t go anywhere alone without you.” She mumbled in annoyance.

“What?” Kris heard her mumbling incoherently.

“I’ll stay close to Chanyeol.” She suggested with a hopeful smile.

“Not happening.” Knowing that idiot, he would run off to a random crowd and leave Qian ying alone in the party.

“But…”

“No.” He knew perfectly well what she was going to say.

“Perhaps I can…” Qian ying was still persistent like most times.

“No.” Kris didn’t even bother to let her finish her sentence, knowing all too well the suggestions she would brought up. And he was sure that she would be mentioning his best friend’s name later.

“I’ll ask Tao…” She thought if she mentioned Tao’s name, everything should be fine since Tao was Kris most trusted person.

“Still no and that’s final.”

She looked at him hard in the eyes and they had a staring contest for a few seconds.

“…..Fine.” She sulked and turned away from him, removing her hands from his in the process.

He blinked before closing his eyes for a few seconds. He knew that tone. Now, it was his turn to sigh. He couldn’t stand her being mad at him.

“Babe…” He touched her shoulder but she shrugged it away.

He moved closer to her and let her back rest against his chest.

“Talk to me.” He played with her fingers.

Qian Ying still had her stoic face up and pretended to be interested on the view in front of her.

“Baby…” Kris rested his head on her shoulder but was careful not to put too much weight on her.

“Can’t you just take an hour or two and accompany me to the party?” She pleaded, still had her back facing him.

It was not that she didn’t know how busy he was. She just really wanted to attend the party. The party would be held once in every semester and the aim was to get the students in this school together and just have some time away from books and teachers. The party was student-based. Almost everything would be handled by the students, starting from planning the events to food served in the party. Students from the cooking club would be responsible for the food that evening. Being a member of the club, Qian ying was appointed to attend the party to speculate most students’ choice of food and made improvements for the party next semester.  But now, since Kris was being so difficult to handle, she was not sure if she could finish this task.

“I can’t.” He turned her around so she was now facing him.

He moved her bangs away from her face to have a better look of her pretty almond shaped eyes.

“I can go on my own. I will be alright.” She looked like a kicked puppy at this moment.

She knew the effect of that look on him. She knew all so well of Kris’s soft spot towards looks like that. Kris closed his eyes for a moment to calm down his urge of saying yes. He opened his eyes again with flashing the same stern look.

“Have you forgotten what happened a few weeks ago?” His voice was raised by a bit.

 He was so reluctant to talk about that everytime but it just slipped out of his mouth involuntarily.

Qian Ying had hung open before biting her lower lips and hung her head low.

Kris mentally slapped himself for mentioning that in front of her. He pulled her into a hug and rested his head on top of hers.

“I’m sorry.” Upon mentioning, he knew she was recalling about that event.

Qian Ying shook her head against his chest. She understood that he just wanted to protect her from every potential threat out there. And in Kris’s dictionary, threat was defined as every male figure but there were some exceptions, of course.

“I should learn wushu from Tao to cease your worry.” She said with a smile, breaking off the pregnant silence.

“You worry too much and that might cost you your health, you know?” She added and frowned a little.

“I would still be worry. If I am not worry about you, who else should I fret about?” Kris shook his head a little and smiled adoringly at her.

She giggled and nodded, happy that she was in his circle of most concerned people.

“But I still want to go though.”

“You’re not going to give that a rest, are you?” Kris was clearly defeated by the persistent girl in his embrace.

Qian ying didn’t respond. Knowing from the tone of his voice that she had won.

“Fine.” He knew she would not give a rest to the topic until he agreed anyways. Why would he think that she would listen to him this time?

He was actually already mentally rearranging his schedule for the rest of the day at the beginning of their conversation. However, he still wanted to try his luck for the day. Just maybe she would be more cooperative today and listened to his reluctance of letting her to go to the party alone.

She sat up and his hands slowly left her back to her sides.

“We will stay for one hour. I will pick you up at six thirty.” He admitted defeat.

She smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek which earned a broad smile from him. She knew that once they set foot on the venue, it would not be just an hour party because she would for sure be at the party for at least two hours and Kris would just have to oblige.