001

My New Stepmother

A groan escaped my cherry painted lips as the nuisance sun successfully squeezed itself through the tight crevices of my blinds. 

 

I guess it really is time for me to get up now.

 

Taking a long sigh I escaped the comfort of my bed and trudged forth to my vanity,brushing my once curled blonde hair.I really hate Mondays~

 

Looking at my decent appearance I threw my hair to one side and threw on my black pullover sweater with a pair of ripped jeans before heading downstairs ,instantly being hit with the delicious scent of food.

 

My stomach started to growl,a telltale sign I was in fact starving. Walking down the carpeted stair,I headed to the source that made my mouth water only to stop dead in my tracks at the familiar voices.

 

I groaned inwardly. Could this day get any worse?

 

"Changmin~ Stop! Don't touch me there~" "I'll touch you wherever I want hehe.."

 

Ew gross. I frowned at the noise and lost my appetite soon after.

 

Warm hands wrapped around my waist and panic slightly arose until I realized it was just my sister Jessica.

 

"What's up Soojung? W-" her words fell short though once the sound of more giggling and lips smack echoed throughout the house,practically burning my eardrums.

 

"Ah Soojung lighten up will yah? Vic's not that bad." "Not that bad ?!" I repeated. "She's the absolute worst. I seriously hate her." "You hate everyone." 

 

That's not true. I only hate..scratch that I loathe her. Ever since the first day our father brought her home for proper introduction I just never liked her. Never did and never will.

 

"You'll like her eventually. Come on,let's go eat breakfast."

 

"I'm not hungry"

 

"Yes you are. I heard your stomach growl from a mile away, now get your stubborn in the kitchen."

 

I reluctantly followed my sister to the kitchen feigning a small smile at Victoria instantly greeted us. "Hey Vic." "Hi Victoria."

 

"Hey guys. I made you two breakfast." She handed us both a plate filled with an assortment of tasty looking food like strawberry pancakes,bacon,eggs and a fresh cup of orange juice.

 

Even though I'll probably never admit it,this woman can definitely cook.

 

"Whoa! Victoria! Mhmm...this..mhmm...is the best! Thanks." Jessica said between chews.

 

Victoria looked at me as if awaiting my ecstatic approval but I chose to stay quiet,not giving her the satisfaction.

 

"How is it Krystal? Do you..like it?"

 

I shrugged as I took a forkful of pancakes into my mouth. " I guess it be considered alright. I don't really like pancakes." Which was a straight up lie. 

 

"I'm sorry Krys,maybe tomorrow you can help me make something you like." "Or...I could not."

 

"Krystal!" 

 

"What?"

 

"Behave!"

 

I rolled my eyes at my father who was shaking his head disapprovingly and my sister who was snickering at me. Ughhh.

 

"Soojung today Victoria is going to pick you up from school today. Okay?"

 

"What? Why?!" I almost choked on such words. "Can't you do it?"

 

"I have important meetings all this week. Sorry Jungie."

 

"Why can't Sica unnie walk me home then?" "I have a study date with Tiffany." She quickly interjected,smirking a little.

 

I exhaled out my nose and picked at my food. Isn't this just fantastic.

 

"Oh! Look at the time! I have to go to work now. Bye girls. Bye babe."

 

I watched in adamant disgust as he got up to kiss her on the lips before rushing out.

 

"Krystal don't worry. It'll be fun. You even get to spend the day at my job."

 

Wow,how fun can that really be...

 

 

-

-

-

 

I groaned as I saw Victoria leaning against the side of her car,playing on her phone. I desperately wished that my dad saying this woman would be picking me up was some kind of poor joke but as you can see that was not the case. Maybe I can seek away before s-

 

"Soojung! Hey!"

 

To late.

 

"Who's that? You're baby sitter?" Amber teased relentlessly,elbowing my side. "No that's me stepmother." "Really? Damn she's hot!"

 

I looked at Amber and gave her a nauseated look. "Ew! Don't say that!" "Why are you jealous or something?"  "Jealous!? Of what? You can't have the hots for my step mom."

 

Amber shrugged. "I thought you didn't even even like her." "Yeah so...that still doesn't mean you can call her hot." "It's the truth."

 

I rolled my eyes at the red head and walked toward the car. Something about Amber calling Victoria hot just really bothered me.

 

A lot.

 

"Come Soojung. Hurry I have to get back to work before the afternoon classes start." "Classes?" "I'm a dance instructor." "Okay cool."

 

"My bad. Who's your friend here?" She gestured to the drooling tomboy who was seemingly "hypnotized" by her beauty. "Oh this is Amber. Amber,Victoria"

 

"It's nice to meet you Amber."

 

"Really, the pleasure is all mine."

 

I elbowed this fool in her side and gave her my famous ice princess stare before nudging Victoria forward. "Let's go Vic."

 

"Huh? Okay. It was nice meeting you Am." "Same to you."

 

"Ugh, Victoria just drive."

 

She made a u-turn and we were off to this dance studio she was telling me about. "Are you excited to see where I work?" "I guess."

 

She pouted and glanced at me. "Don't worry. It's going to be fun. You can meet my friends and all the other students. Trust me okay?"

 

"Okay Unnie. I trust you."