He saved me

Saved

You went home crying everyday from school. You’re becoming tired of the endless bullying that your classmates are doing to you. All the taunting, the pranks, the teasing and being shamed every single day make you crazy that you just want to die. As you are about to drink an overdose of pills, you heard a knock on your door. You sighed, wondering who the hell is disturbing you on your dramatic suicide attempt. Wiping your tears and fixing yourself, you hurried to the door and opened it, and saw Jonghyun, your neighbor and classmate.

“What are you doing here?” You asked him, avoiding his gaze he is giving you. “Of course. You didn’t speak a word to me since the other day. Is anything wrong?” The worried tone in his angelic voice is tingling inside your ears, but you didn’t say a word. You suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapping around you,

“Hey,” he whispered by your ear, don’t mind them. I’m always here by your side.“

“Why am I like this?” You sniffed, burying your face on his chest, “why is my hair like this, my face so ugly, my body so frail and weak, my mind so dumb… why am I not like them?”

“What? Them? The very people who are always mocking you? You want to be mean like them?”

“No!” You exclaimed, “of course not. I… I… I, uhhh. Ugh.” You heard a soft chuckle, and you looked up to him to give him a glare, only to see his eyes filled with tenderness and compassion staring back at you.

“Why do you want to be like them? You’re unique. And it’s better than being common. You have your own identity. You’re you.”

"Yeah. Being weird, stupid, ugh.”

“Different doesn’t mean wrong.”

“They said I’m fat.”

“Nah, you’re just on the right BMI. Their standards are just so high.”

“I’m dumb.”

“You kidding me? Grades don’t define everything. And FYI, you’re the best cook for me, after mom of course.”

“I’m short. They said that it’s so ugly and pitiful.”

“WHAT!?” you saw his smile change into a frown and pout, that in your opinion,  is so cute, “are they joking? Being short has its own charms. Who are those bastards who said that? I’m going to kill them and smash them with my bare hands, proving them that they’re wrong.”

A soft laugh escaped your lips. Jonghyun stared at you weirdly for a moment, only for a smile to paint across his lips. “That’s right. Just smile. You’re so beautiful when you smile.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are,” said he as he reached for your face and caressed it lovingly, wiping the tear stains off, “you’re beautiful. Believe me as I had always admired your beauty from afar for many, many years.”

“What are you even saying…” you began playing with your fingers, getting nervous, thinking of the reply he’s about to give you.

“Are you dense? I had always been in love with you.” You saw a blush crept on his face as he spoke those words, that continuously rang in your ears, making your heart beat triple times faster that you thought your heart would explode. “I-I have no time for jokes, Jjongie. Just go home,” you turned away and was about to go but then you felt his hand holding on your arm, “I’m not fooling around,” he whispered softly, sending butterflies in your stomach.

He then held your chin and said, “it’s been years actually.”

“Really? M-me too,” you covered your mouth in surprise by your sudden confession. “I… I didn’t m-mean to… I…”

“You’re so cute when you stutter like that.” Jonghyun chuckled, and hugged you tighter. “It’s good to know that our feelings are the same. I-I know that it’s kinda fast but… will you be my girlfriend?”

Your eyes widened,  your mouth forming into an ‘o’, gasping in shock, “O-oppa!”

“U-um well we have known each other for years, and when we become together, I promise you that I will try my best to make you happy. I’ll protect you. I’ll always stay by your side. Thanks for being my little ray of sunshine through the years, and now, I’m going to make you my princess. What do you want? A romantic dinner date, or do you wanna go to the theme park, or–” “Shut up,” you gave him a peck on the lips that caught him in surprise, “just chilling on the couch lying next to each other is enough.”

“So it’s a yes?” He asked with a gleam in his eyes, kissing your hand and lacing your fingers together. “Obviously,” you let out a soft, hearty laugh as you buried your face on his neck, “I love you.”

“I love you, too, babe.” He replied, closing the gap between you and sealing it with a kiss.

-end-

 

yeah it /hides behind a brick wall/