Why do you ask?

Why do you ask?

 

When one mentions Lee Taemin all that comes to the mind is a good-looking, arrogant and quiet boy, a handsome sleek frame atop his nose, short dark hair falling onto his forehead neatly and a sparkling record of straight As.

Yes, Lee Taemin was a high class nerd, popular in the campus and beyond, his intellect and visuals garnering him attention he couldn’t care less about. He was the Prince of a modern fairytale, making every girl stop, stare and swoon when he passed by.

And....then there was Choi Minjung, the girl with the baddest reputation, the girl who nobody mentioned without a grimace. But when the name flitted in the conversation all that came to the head was a tall, perfect model like body clad in leather, long mahogany hair tied untidily in a ponytail, catastrophic use of kohl, and an unbeatable record of bunked and flunked classes.

Yes, Choi Minjung was a top class bad girl, troublemaker, popular for all the wrong things, a girl guys fantasized over secretly but ignored otherwise. She was a rumored femme fatale, having links to the mob and landing every guy she dated in the hospital eventually.

For the good or the bad, there was only one guy in the whole campus that had the nerve to talk to Miss Badass, and he was Lee Taemin. Moreover the very first words he uttered to her were:

"Hey, Minjung. Go out with me?"

And to everyone's surprise shock, Minjung just stared at him a while before saying:

"...okay."

And that was how the most unlikeliest couple of the campus was formed.


 


 



"Are your screws loose or what." Minjung deadpanned on finding Taemin drop down beside her during the break-correction-during all the breaks, this time being the fifth.

"Why do you ask?" Taemin shrugged, snuggling closer to her and leaning at the bark as he propped open a book on his lap.

"Because you ing asked me out."

Taemin scrunched up his nose, "Then are your screws loose or what too?"

"Why?"

"Because you agreed to it now, didn't you?"

Minjung opened , but she had no come back words whatsoever so she humphed angrily and slid down against the bark, covering her eyes with her arm, leaving Taemin grinning to himself smugly as he flipped to the next page.


 


 



"Why me?" Minjung asked, kicking the pebbles from the sidewalk onto the road, goaling them in the gutters as Taemin walked her home.

"Don't do that." Taemin pouted and Minjung rolled her eyes, stopping her little game nevertheless.

"Will you temme then? Why did you ask me out?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well because..." Minjung trailed off, "There are better girls than me for a good bastard like you."

Taemin broke into chuckles, "Because of this."

"Huh?"

"You just described me using an oxymoron."

"Oxy-what?"

Taemin's chuckles grew into full fledged laughs at the lost, ridiculous expression Minjung wore. She just watched him laugh with flaring nostrils before stomping on his foot and walking off briskly ahead, ponytail furiously swinging side to side.

"Hey wait!" Taemin dashed behind her, hopping on feeling the pain through his foot, to make up with his adorably angry girlfriend again.


 


 



"Arent you the slightest bit scared, Taemin?" Minjung whispered during one of the classes now Taemin forces her to attend (which now she willingly attends unawaringly).

"Of what?" Taemin whispers back, four eyes not leaving the board.

"The rumor about me." Minjung excitedly continues, "All my boyfriends end up in the hospital."

"Huh?" Taemin looks to Minjung briefly before turning back to the board. "Oh that."

Minjung pouts at his mild reaction but continues to pester on, "What do you mean by 'oh that'? Aren't you scared?"

"Nah."

"Why?"

"Because all that ain’t true."

"What- I mean how can you be so sure?"

Taemin grew nervous, scratching the back of his neck, "I have watched you...for long."

Minjung’s mouth fell open, "Lee Taemin, you are a friggin stalker!"

"Shh." Taemin put a finger to her lips, "I am not a stalker. I am just excessively observant. It’s a trait that comes with a genius mind." He smirked, "Can’t really help it now, can i?"

Minjung found herself at loss of comeback words again and dropped her head down on the desk, before straightening up in a jiffy and glaring at Taemin, "How much do you know?!"

The bell rang just then and Taemin relaxed his posture, turning towards Minjung completely, popping an eyebrow, "Everything?"

Minjung blushes red and slams Taemin’s notebook on his head and storms out, leaving Taemin chuckling as he rubs his head.


 


 



"So what was it in me that made you ask me out?"

Taemin raised his brows as he slurped on his smoothie while Minjung was playing with her straw, chin in hand.

 

"Why do you ask?"

"Because guys usually don’t like girls who aren’t cute, have husky voices, look like they are dracula's offspring and most importantly, tower above them."

Taemin chuckled, "Well, I’m a class apart.” He pushed his frame to sit better on his nose before leaning closer, smirking, "I like a girl with a husky voice who looks like Dracula's offspring and towers above me." He leaned back into his chair, "Mind you, she's damn cute."

Incoherent words came out of Minjung's mouth as she blushed deep red. She tried to get up but Taemin had her knees caught between his own under the small round cafe table and when she looked back at him, he was smiling, "Everything." He said, "Everything in you made me ask you out."

"Even...even the leather and chains?"

"Oh, yes." Taemin smirked, "Those more than anything."

Minjung pinched Taemin's thigh, making him let go of her, "ing ert!" And she stomped off, leaving Taemin laughing again.


 


 



"Why-"

Taemin placed his palm on Minjung's mouth, "My turn." Minjung nodded and he removed his palm. "Why did you agree to date me?"

Minjung blushed slightly, looking away. "Why do you ask?"

"It’s high time I hear you say it."

Minjung pouted, still not looking at Taemin, "Thats a hard question."

Taemin smirked, straightening his glasses, "Let me make it easier then. I'll give you options."

Minjung finally looked to him, interest glinting in her eyes.

"Option A." Taemin began, "You like me." He paused, "Option B. You like me. Option C. You like me. Option D-"

Minjung grabbed his collar and pulled him into a kiss, breaking away to finally admit, "Yeah...I-I like you, you oxymoron."

Taemin bursts into laughter at Minjung's words and Minjung's nostrils flare as she blushes further, raising her hands to avenge the teasing.

Taemin flees before she could, laughing as she chases him.


 


 



"Hey, are Lee Taemin and Choi Minjung...in love?"

"Duh. Why do you even ask?"



 



End