Chapter 1/2

Wind Chimes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song-“You make me”-Avicii

“There was something about the way the wind kissed my face and murmured promises in my ear.”

 

Xiumin is a self professed nerd, perhaps even a tiny bit unsocial. He becomes practically mortified whenever he’s expected to stand in the front a habit he had plucked on ever since he was a kid. He prefers to be relegated into the background and he never had any qualms about that. Thank you very much. It was not that he did not have friends.

People adored him for a strange reason which was unfathomable to him. He was not averse to dating or hanging out or such stuff, but he simply could not mix with strangers with ease .Although he was quiet and stoic, Xiumin was a romantic at heart. He had the unfortunate habit of daydreaming, not that it led him to any embarrassing circumstances but,”Hyung it would never do you any good, if you do not have someone to dream about,” Kyungsoo had commented dryly. Like now for example, as he gazed out of the bay window completely tuning out the chatter around him, successfully ignoring the death glares sent at his way by Baekhyun and Kyungsoo alike. It was a party where everybody from their social circle were invited. Beer had been served and Avicii was playing in the background, it was all good and yet the snow outside was more interesting to Xiumin.

He was pretty much like snow as Baekhyun had pointed out one fine day ,”It’s silent,it's quiet. It’s everywhere, yet it does not scream for attention. Very much like you.” Xiumin stared down into his cup of beer that was untouched and decided to use the restroom. As he locked the door to the toilet he sighed and looked up at the mirror. A tiny man with pale skin and huge cat like eyes stared back at him. He raised his hand and pulled down his beanie and rearranged his orange bangs. He released a heavy breath and rested his palms on the basin m counter.

25 years.

He was the eldest amongst the rest of his friends. All of ‘em were either dating or committed. Make no mistake but Xiumin was never averse to dating somebody, sometimes he ached for companionship but it never happened. He knew his wallflower like attitude is never going lead him anywhere  but it just never happened. He certainly won’t act desperate.

A ping snapped him out of his reverie , he fished out his iPhone from his pocket and checked for notifications. A slight smile curled at the corner of his lips as he opened the tumblr page.

Ah, there he is. He sighed pitifully.

See, there’s something else there too. If there is anybody who can coax out Xiumin’s inner Miley Cyrus then it’s certainly this certain person whose face was now in the current tumblr GIF.

Smouldering kohl lined eyes were staring into his soul with such intensity that it made him slide down on the floor, then there was those chocolate abs rippling under that fitting black muscle shirt. A bite on the lip and a crooked smile was all that took Xiumin to press his face against the TV screen.

“For heavens sake Minnie, it’s only a commercial,” drawled Baekhyun.

“He’s so gorgeous Baek, oh my-“

“I know right? Now sit down and stop drooling,” snapped Baekhyun while peeling him off the TV set.

Luhan was a Chinese soccer prodigy currently playing for ManU. Initially everybody was sceptic about his inclusion but shut up immediately on seeing his fiery prowess on field. He also happens to be a hot favourite amongst soccer critics, dissecting  his moves and his tricks as a lethal centre-forward striker. Yet another reason for people to shut up which might also cause the conservatives to shake their heads in disdain, because Luhan is a beautiful creature. Currently he happens to the face for several heavyweight brands and his fashion choices are no joke. From his doe like eyes, to his flawless complexion to that copper coloured locks, everything appealed to Xiumin a bit too much.

Xiumin stared at his reflection and finally decided to head back home. This party was doing him no good,so some sleep might.He carefully opened the door of the washroom and made his way to the exit, careful no to catch anyone’s eyes and certainly not those of Baekhyun or Kyungsoo’s. Mentally he’s already gearing up for a cold shoulder from them for an entire week,yeah I cope with that, he mused as he walked towards the bus stop.

Luhan was sitting on the folding chair as the make up artistes sprayed onto his tousled hair. Like any other day which began with practice that began at 5 in the morning and continued upto 4 in the evening, this was followed by a photoshoot . Today it was for Vogue. There was a flurry of activity all around him but his attention was focused onto his mobile screen. He had texted him a couple of minutes back, still there was no reply. Biting back his frustration, he called him up.

One ring.

Two rings.

And then- “the number you’ve called is busy, please call after some time”

His doe eyes got glassy. So this is it. It’s the end.

He stared back at the message he had typed in.

Stay happy. Stay safe.

He finally pressed the send button.

“Shot’s ready sir.”

Luhan sighs and looked up, he walked up to the blank screen facing the glarelights .He stared at the cameraman and smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter