Walking on Air

Walking on Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

miss A's maknae and Super Junior's nemo had the typical hoobae-sunbae relationship; she looked up to him, being a member of the legendary boy group and all but Donghae already had his eyes on the girl. He first had heard of her when Shindong and Eunhyuk were talking about the newly debuted girl group that's been topping charts as well as breaking a record previously set by Girl's Generation, even making a new record of becoming the fastest girl group to be #1 on a music show. Donghae just happened to watch a performance by the said group and his attention was caught by the maknae. He though that she was cute, despite her attempts of being fierce and her baby face contradicting with the song's concept. He kept this to himself for a time being, until Hyukjae, better known as Eunhyuk, caught him watching clips of Suzy and SHINee's Minho MCing together a few months later miss A's debut. Eunhyuk confronted him about his weird behavior towards Minho, and when he didn't get a reply, he put the puzzles together and announced Donghae's infatuation for the whole dorm to hear. The rest of the members came barging in his room and started to bombard him with questions. "You like Suzy from miss A?!?" "Isn't she like, eight or nine years younger than you?" "When did you start liking her?" "Hyung, why do you like her?". He glared at Eunhyuk who just grinned at him, like he just didn't expose his best friend's secret to the whole group. After answering there questions, they eventually left him alone, with his traitor of a best friend staying behind.

"Hahaha...I-I'm so-sorry hahaha Hae, hahaha." Eunhyuk 'apologizes', with no sincerity at all, "But hey, if it makes you feel better, I'll root for you no matter what happens!"

"What are you talking about, it's not like I'm going to ask her out." 

"Uh-huh, yeah right. You'll probably throw a tantrum when she dates someone that's not you.You probably want to wrap her in cotton and store her away or maybe kidnap her and run away to Hawaii." 

"Yah Lee Hyukjae. Stop making me sound like some creepy and obsessed fanboy." 

"You said it not me," Donghae throws a pillow at him, and Eunhyuk just laughs, "but seriously Hae, you should ask her out." 

"I'm not going to do that, she's 8 years younger than me Hyuk. And plus, I have to think of the fans, they'll probably go after her." 

"Who cares, it's not like you're 15 years older than her or something. Besides, she said so herself 'if it's love, then age doesn't matter'."

Donghae looked at his best friend, "Even so, it's not like she feels the same about me. We've never officially met before and if she feels anything for me, it's just respect." 

"It's up to you, but I'm just saying that you should ask her out, you never know. Or at least become friends with her. " 

Months after that fateful night, Donghae finally had the opportunity that he had been waiting for. Since Super Junior were promoting their comeback song and Suzy (along with Jiyeon)  was already an MC, they put Eunhyuk and Donghae in as additional MCs. Although Donghae and Suzy didn't talk much, 'good luck and you did good sunbae' was good enough for him; he was making progress, albeit slowly. The next time they met got Donghae internally jumping for joy; Super Junior was sharing a dressing room with Suzy. The members didn't pass this opportunity up, genuinely wanting to  get to know the girl better as well as to mercilessly embarrass and tease Donghae, who was a little nervous already. Though 'a little nervous' was an understatement because he was so close to getting sweaty palms. But the aftermath was worth it. 

"Suzy-ssi, would you like to have lunch with us?" Sungmin asks, wanting to play matchmaker. Donghae sharply turns to look at him, his eyes previously on the girl herself, his eyes wide. Sungmin just smirks at him. 

"Yeah, eat with us Suzy-ah." Shindong invites her, catching on Sungmin's plan. The two culprits made eye-contact with the other members and immediately understood what the two were trying to do. All Donghae could do was stare at them, helplessly. Leeteuk shot him a look, which Donghae interpreted as 'we're doing this for you, so be thankful brat'. Donghae just scowled at his hyung.

"Aniyo, it's okay. It's food from your fans, I can't eat something that they specifically you." she politely declined. Truthfully, she was hungry, but she willed herself to not eat a big meal as she was trying to not gain weight. Some netizens were commenting on her weight and she didn't want the topic to escalate any further, thus her attempt on eating small meals. 

"Ayee, the fans will understand that we just want to take care of or hoobae. Come, let's eat." ushers Ryeowook.

"Aniyo, I'm fine really. Thank you very much sunbaenim for the offer." she denies again and gives them a big smile. Eunhyuk stands up, the group eyeing him, walks over to Suzy and grabs her hand. He leads her to the couch and table, sitting her down beside Donghae and settling down beside her. She gave Donghae a small smile and he managed to give her one back. At that moment he wondered if she could hear his heartbeat. Yesung grabbed another tray of food and placed it infront of Suzy, smiling at her. Suzy thanked him, flashing her beautiful smile.

"Thank you very much sunbaenims." she thanked them. 

"Eh, what is with sunbaenim. Call us oppa."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter