chapter 3

Backing Up BTS

            The metal was rigid and cold against my clammy palm. The door handle slipped out of my grasp as began to open it. Great, I haven’t even walked into the place and I’ve already made a fool of my self. ITS NOT MY FAULT MY HANDS GET SWEATY WHEN I’M NERVOUS!

            Alright Hyemi, deep breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Immediately I could feel my heart rate begin to go down. Come on Hye, you're just accepting a job. There's no need to be nervous. Accept for the fact that this job will also make me semi-famous, and will probably change my future forever.No Hye! No stop, this is what you want to do there's no need to nervous. 

            Okay, let's try that opening the door thing again, this time without failing. Reaching for the handle, I was successfully able to open the door into big hit entertainment. Everything looked so modern and clean. It looked so professional. Of course this is only making my heart rate skyrocket, great. Just turn this contract in and then you can leave for today, most likely. I walked up to the front desk where there was a woman with a headpiece in who was typing furiously, but still remaining to look calm and collected.

            "Excuse me?" I asked the women. She stopped typing immediately and snapped her head up so that all of her focus was on me. I felt like her eyes were looking straight through me. OMG CAN SHE SMELL MY FEAR?! Wait, Hye, that's not possible. I don't think. No no! Hye it's not, calm down.

            "Can I help you?"

            "Umm well, I'm looking for Mr. Cho." I said it more like a question rather than a statement.

            "He has someone important coming in any minute now. You'll have to come back later today." She said with a snarl then began to type again. What?! That's not possible! I have to have this thing in by 10! It's 9:30!

            "I can't wait!" my words were dripping off my tongue, panic infused into each syllable. I guess she felt bad because when she looked up at me again she almost looked like she felt sorry, or maybe not, I'm not sure. "I have this contract and..."

            "Oh are you Park Hyemi?" I felt a wave of relief wash over my body. So I'm whom he's supposed to be meeting.

            "Yes."

            "Oh dear, you should have started with that. Sorry for all the trouble." She walked out from behind the desk, "Follow me, I'll take you to his office."

            "Thank you" she started to lead me down some hallways which all looked just as pristine as the lobby until we reached a door with a plaque that said 'Mr. Cho, BTS artistic manager'.

            "Here you are"

            "Thank you" Once she had started walking back down the hall, I turned towards his door and took another deep breath before slowly knocking. I heard a muffled 'come in' so I opened the door to see Mr. Cho sitting in a large desk chair. A smile came across his face once he saw it was me.

            "Ah, Park Hyemi, I was hoping you would come in today. So, what's your decision?"

            "I signed it," he seemed to clutch his hand in victory to my response, "it's everything I could have ever wanted, so thank you for this opportunity." I said before handing over the contract.

            "Well, we are extremely delighted to have you on the team. Alright now sit down," as I was beginning to take a seat he added something as an after thought, "did you have any plans for today?"

            "Not really, I was planning on doing some homework, but realistically that most likely wasn't going to happen."

            "Ha, oh yes, I remember the days. Okay, then I have some things to discuss with you and then I want you to hang out with the boys for the rest of the day. Have some nice bonding time before you begin working later this week." Sounds pretty good to me. Homework? Or hang out with attractive boys all day?... Yeah I'm not stupid. "First of all, I want to give you your schedule for the week. We're going to be giving you a manager to help you with all of this by the end of the week, but until then unfortunately you're on your own." He took a piece of paper out of a file from underneath his desk and then slid it over to me. "So here's your schedule for the week, we'll also email you a copy. You can't show this to anyone. Anything regarding this upcoming comeback is purely confidential. So we also wouldn't like to have telling people about you being a backup dancer. So let's go over your schedule real quickly. Today you're hanging out with the boys. Tomorrow you have an off day; Monday you will begin learning the dance immediately after school. Oh, this reminds me of two things actually. BTS' manager will pick up from school everyday that you need to be somewhere immediately after school. Also, we understand that juggling this kind of a schedule after school with schoolwork will be kind of difficult, so we've talked with your school and all your teachers know that you are busy after school, if you ever need extensions just talk to them. They'll also most likely just let you sleep in class if you need to." Great, so my grades will be slipping, perfect, that's just peachy, "the rest of the week you will just be picked up by BTS' manager from school and then head over here to learn and work on the dance."

            "That's great, but can I just drive myself here. I have a car." I would have to drive myself to school and then my car would just be left there at the end of everyday. That's just stupid.

            "Sure, if that's what you want." He paused for a moment. I guess trying to come up with any reason that wouldn't be allowed. "Ah, in that case you'll need this." He reached into a drawer and pulled out a card that was attached to a lanyard and a piece of plastic. "This card opens the back entrance door. Fans may not have noticed you today because they've never seen you at the company before, but if you keep showing up they'll become suspicious. So use the back entrance when you come here." He handed me the card and lanyard. "This is a parking pass. Not so glamorous, but you definitely need one." He handed me the parking pass. "Well, I believe that's all I have to talk about with you. We covered the schedule, driving, school, oh!" He said that last one a little too loudly for my liking. "The boys, I need to talk to you about the boys." He grew extremely serious after he discovered what he forgot. "The boys are strictly off limits. We want you to be friends because it will make for better stage presence, but under no circumstances are you allowed to be romantically involved with any of them." He was sternly pointing a finger at me. "This is extremely important. It's not only bad for the boys’ popularity, but it'll be hard on you as well. If fans think that you're dating one of their oppas, they will seriously harm you. Do you understand?" A shaky 'ne' came out as my response. He released the tension that seemed to be building throughout his entire body as he said that. "Good, I'm sorry, I didn't want to scare you, it's just important." He let out a long breath before looking back at me again. "Okay, let's go find them, they should be in the practice room. They’re either filming something for A.R.M.Ys or practicing right now."

            He walked us out of the corporate area and through the lobby once again where it looked like a couple more people were there. He walked me up to an elevator where he pressed the up button and then began giving me more instructions. 

            "Okay, this is as far as I'm going to walk you. I really need to get back to my office, but once this elevator arrives press floor 3. They're practice room is 24A, but you should be able to hear them when you get up there. They tend to be quite loud." Just then the elevator dinged and doors slid open. "Goodbye Park Hyemi, I'll be seeing you around." 

            I waved goodbye to him before stepping into the elevator and pressing on the number 3 making the entire button light up. Oh there they were again. Those butterflies in my stomach had come back for the encore; I was wondering where they went. I'm sure the boys will be nice. Yumi likes them, and Taehyung and Jimin seemed pretty friendly yesterday. I'll be fine, right? The elevator dinged again causing the doors to slide open dropping me off on floor 3. Sure enough, Mr. Cho was right. I could hear them the minute I stepped off the elevator. Instead of looking at the room numbers I ended up just following their voices, or at least, I'm assuming they're theirs. You know what maybe I should look at room numbers.

            Once I found the room that seemed to be the culprit of all the noise I checked the number just to be certain it was the room I belonged in. Sure enough, it was room 24A. Okay, so now what? Do I knock? Do I just walk in? How does one proceed from this point to my final destination. Any suggestions? No? great, voices in my head you're a lot of help. Okay, I guess I'll just walk in. Slowly breathing in and then out for third time in the past half hour, I took the handle and opened the door.

 

author's note - It's happening! She's meeting all of BTS! Ahhhhhh! Anyways sorry for taking alittle bit longer. I was just on vacation/family reunion in the carribean and didn't have a lot of time to myself. So I wrote this on the plane ride back and wanted to get it up asap. I never really proof read it, so I'll probably come back to this chapter later and edit it. I hope you liked it! Let me know how you're feeling about everything in the comments. I love you all!