one day

of our yesterdays and tomorrows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He lowers his head and in that moment she knew. Her feet turn at once and as Luna begins to step away his fingers wrap around her wrist to prevent her from leaving.

"I'm so—."

"— I'm not mad that you're withdrawing," she says, cutting him off from apologizing. "Because that has nothing to do with me. Either way I will always love and support you." He lifts his eyes up slightly. "I'm mad that you, you who have always been so outspoken about your feelings that you couldn't even utter a word about it. You," she gently pulls her wrist free and heaves a sigh. "I'm angry because all this time I believed you were actively trying to resolve matters with the company and although you signed those endorsements, I still believed in you. I thought you were going to be different but no, Tao," she shakes her head as his cat like eyes meet her round puppy ones. "I know things happen and people have a change of heart but I believed that you could've handled it better. All I wanted— all your fans wanted was a word from you. "I'm leaving, I'm okay." That was all we needed Tao, was that so hard?"

"Sunyou— ."

"You're not a bad person," Luna continues and reaches out to brush the blonde pieces of hair out of her boyfriend's eyes. "You're not."

Her voice cracks at the end and Tao leans in to kiss the tear that escapes her watering eyes.

"I'm sorry for putting you through this," he whispers as he draws back to look at her. Her lips are trembling as she tries to stop herself from crying. "I'm sorry I had you wait. I shouldn't have, especially since you've been with me the entire way. I know that was wrong of me."

 

His thumb swipes at the new tears strolling down her cheeks and his voice begins to break as the lump in his throat grows. "I-I couldn't do it anymore," Tao confesses and her hands grip the side of his shirt to pull him closer. "I initially wanted to return home to just recover but as my dad spoke to me, I realized I'm only human, Sunyoung." She nods and he shutters as the tears hit him. "I can pretend like it doesn't hurt and do that flip and tell myself that the numbness is better than the pain but what if one day, I make one wrong move and I can't do it ever again. Then it'll really be over for me. I've spent so long thinking I was invincible that I've now come to this," he presses his forehead against hers. "I now understand why, and if I could turn back time, I would've embraced them. I wouldn't have been so hard on Kris. I was so selfish then and even now, I'm being selfish."

"It's not selfish to be human," she tells him through a whisper.

 

The room grows silent with their uneven breaths filling the void in the room. They're both far away from home, hiding away in a hotel room that watches over downtown LA. Tao holds Luna close and lifts his head ever so slightly to kiss her forehead. Surely his relationship with the company did not involve her directly but the fact that he is now the new target, Luna would get torn to pieces if the public were to ever find out about them. She's worked too hard to have everything taken away from her because she fell in love with someone who couldn't keep his promises.

 

That last night, it was different. An unspoken decision has been decided upon and although neither of them spoke about it, they knew.

 

His hand traces her waist before stopping at the small of her back as they watch the sun set over LA from the Griffith Observatory. To take up less space, Tao slides behind Luna and wraps his arms around her with his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Everything feels limitless," she whispers to him. "Sometimes you just have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Even the chaotic LA looks at peace right now."

His nose digs into the side of her head and her lids come to a close as he drops a soft kiss there. "I wish time could stop right now. Disregarding everything that has happened and everything that will, I just want to hold you right now." His lips move down closer to her ear. "And hopefully, in the future, I can proudly hold you like this for everyone to see."

She smiles and his chin returns to her shoulder. They don't say anything until the sun has fully set and LA is now just a pretty light show.

"Hey," Tao whispers and she slightly turns to him. "Let's go, I want to show you something."

Releasing her waist, he takes her hand and grips it tightly with him taking the lead.

 

They drive for a while with the windows down and the radio on high. In the silence of their own minds, the both of them agree they like LA better at night.

 

Once they're out of downtown and the road starts to dwindle down to two thin lanes, Luna turns to him.

"Where are you taking me?"

He smiles gently. "If you thought up there was gorgeous, you'll like this place way better. It'll be on your left by the way."

She a brow and through the gaps of the trees, Luna spots all of downtown LA again.

"Can't go to LA and not drive through Mulholland Drive," he says, pulling into a random stranger's driveway and parking behind a line of expensive cars. "Let's go."

Luna's eyes widen.

 

"Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter