fin

Snowy Kiss

The sky is coated by various shapes of grey puffs of clouds and it is cold, probably somewhere in the middle of December and the horridious checkered muffler that Soonyoung was wearing around his neck just adds his bad mood in this very bad day. The two of them are at the park in the middle of the night and Jihoon is sending death glares at the elder because who's great idea was it to drag your best friend out at 2 a.m. just so they could help finishing their gigantic snowman.

Kwon ing Soonyoung.

"Seriously, Soonyoung? A snowman? What are you, five?" Jihoon hisses.

"Aw c'mon, it won’t take that long. I'm almost finished anyway and you need to get out more, Jihoonie."

" you," Jihoon snarls. "It's 2 a.m., Soonyoung. ing 2 a.m.!"

"You're just grumpy." The blonde boy waves his friend off. Jihoon squints at him.

"And who's ing fault is that, exactly?"

"You cuss too much." Soonyoung laughs —he ing laughs how dare he— and reaches for Jihoon's hand, tugging him along towards the half-finished snowman few feets away.

It's cold and almost three in the morning and Jihoon is so close from flipping Soonyoung into the snow but somehow the pink haired managed to find himself helping finishing his idiotic best friend on his snowman. When they finally done, Jihoon's nose is dusted with pink, fingers feeling numb from the snow and a whining Soonyoung sitting on the snow complaining loudly about how cold he is and how his face is probably going to freeze —my beautiful, beautiful face, Jihoonie!

Jihoon sighs. "Come on, get up." He says as he approaches the elder. "We still have school later on and I need to sleep."

And the clouds are getting darker, Jihoon notices as he looks up to the sky— probably it's going to be snowing, maybe.

Few seconds passed and Jihoon realizes that Soonyoung haven't move from the snowy ground, neither making a sound— he turns his gaze back to the elder, Soonyoung's eyes are looking directly at him; serious with no trace of their previous playfulness and Jihoon is torn between worried and flustered. Soonyoung is looking at as if he's— as if Jihoon is—

"Uh, Soonyoung?"

"Kiss me."

"Excuse me?!" Jihoon screeches and covers his mouth on instinct.

Soonyoung stands up and takes a step closer towards Jihoon— the pink haired male is somehow frozen on spot.

"I said, kiss m—"

"I heard what you said!" Jihoon hurriedly cuts him, cheeks starting to redden under his scarf. "What the hell, Soonyoung."

"What do you mean 'what'? It's cold and my face is freezing, so kiss me Jihoonie."

It's probably because the cold, or because Soonyoung's pathetic little brain shrunk from when he fell earlier because— because asking your best friend to kiss you out of nowhere is not very normal at all.

But then again, Soonyoung was never the normal type of guy.

"What kind of weird reasoning was that?! Hell no, I don't want to kiss you!"

"But Jihoonie!" Soonyoung whines. "It's cold. Come on, just one peck I swear I won’t do anything weird to you."

"What do you mean; you won’t do anything weird to me?" He squints. "Cut the crap, Soonyoung. Let's just go home." He says before turning around planning on leaving his best friend behind. All of this probably just another bad joke of his so—

"No." Soonyoung tugs the other back by the wrist. Jihoon stumbles back to Soonyoung's arms and turns his head around to maybe yell at the other boy. But his tongue immediately dries up when his eyes meets Soonyoung's. Jihoon gulps— Soonyoung looks serious.

He is serious.

And their faces —merely separated by a few inches, and Jihoon does not think of how handsome Soonyoung looks or how pretty the elder's eyes were. He does not think how close their lips were and he does not think how would it feel like to press them against his and—

"Jihoon," Soonyoung whispers, puffs of white coming out from his mouth, warm breathe against his skin. "Kiss me."

And Jihoon does— he doesn't remember of leaning in though, neither does he remember of bringing his hand around the back of Soonyoung's neck. He does remembers Soonyoung's arms around him though, he remembers— he remembers the warmth Jihoon feels inside his chest and the feeling of Soonyoung's lips moving against his. It's dizzying, almost, and when they break apart Jihoon doesn't even care how Soonyoung would react and pulls the taller down by his muffler for another kiss because he wants more and he's tired of going on his tiptoes.

They break apart after the third kiss with reddening cheeks and utterly breathless. Jihoon hides his face under his scarf while Soonyoung have this idiotic grin plastered on his face.

The taller opens his mouth about to speak but Jihoon immediately cuts him. "Don't," Jihoon says, covering Soonyoung's mouth with his bare hand. "We'll talk later. It's too early and I just want to go home."

Soonyoung nods, but he still has his grin on when they leave the park. Jihoon reaches for his hand, holding it between them. The two blushes, not daring to look at each other as they walk side by side back towards Jihoon's place.

"Oh, hey Jihoon look." Soonyoung stops. "It's snowing."

Jihoon looks upwards and just as Soonyoung said— it is snowing, indeed. "Huh."


"It's snowing! Jihoon, it's snowing!"

"Aren't you too old to for that?"

"But it's snowing!"

"Yeah, yeah."