final

Plane

Taemin glances sideways, eyes wide and sweat dripping.

He was terrified.

A tall, so so tall, brown-haired guy suddenly came and sat next to him.

He smelled good, Taemin thought.

“Hello.” the brunette next to him said abruptly-his voice was surprisingly so deep and so low.

Taemin turned to him-he was smiling, his smile was so charming and bright.

“Hello.” Taemin managed to say.

He was so tense and nervous he couldn’t really say anything else.

He could hear the pilot speak, but he just couldn’t focus; his heart that was beating so fast as if he just ran up ten flights of stairs made it hard for him to really focus on anything.

He could feel the plane move, and his chest get tighter-he was almost panting. Damn it-did his cousin have to get married tomorrow?

Taemin hunched forward, wrapping his arms around his stomach. He felt dizzy and sick.

He’s always been terrified of planes and now his worst nightmare was coming to life. He couldn’t help it, really. He just feared that the plane is going to crash and he’d die like that-he didn’t want to die.

“Um, are you okay?” he heard a voice-the deep, low one speak but he sounded very far away.

“No.” Taemin muttered.

“Can-Can I help?”

“I don’t know.” he really didn’t.

Taemin shut his eyes as tightly as possible and leaned even further forward when the plane finally departed.

“Oh God-I’m going to die-this is it.” he whispered to himself.

He was horrified.

“Please calm down.” the tall guy next to him put a hand on his back, trying to comfort Taemin.

“I’d like to.” Taemin rose up and practically glared at him.

The guy looked around for a moment, thinking of anything he could do to help the panicking blonde next to him.

“Would you like listening to music? It might help?” the brunette suggested, holding his iPod out for Taemin.

“No, no. Thank you.” he knew it’d make him even more dizzy.

Taemin could feel his limbs get cold and colder as he started shaking. He was just a tiny bit away from bursting into tears.

The tall brunette reached out suddenly and held his left hand.

His hand was so big and warm, unlike Taemin’s small and cold one.

To his own surprise, couple of minutes later, Taemin could feel his heartbeat slow down to normal, his hand get warmer and his stomach stop flipping.

He looked down at his lap, blushing, and he could hear the tall guy next to him chuckle.

“Better?”

Taemin looked up, “Yeah.”

“What’s your name, by the way?”

“Lee Taemin.” he answered.

“Choi Minho.”

Taemin gave him a small smile, “Thank you, Minho.”

“It’s okay. Are you really that afraid of planes?” Minho chuckled slightly.

“Yeah-I know it’s dumb, but I can’t help it.” Taemin bit his lower lip and looked away.

“It’s not dumb,” Minho told him, squeezing his hand, “you know, for me, birds freak me out.” he tried.

Taemin giggled at that as he looked at Minho, he couldn’t understand how someone as manly, tall and masculine as Minho could be afraid of birds.

Minho smiled sheepishly at him, glad that he could make Taemin laugh.

“You know, if you’re really that scared of flights, maybe you could have drove, it’d take you couple of extra hours but you’d be much safer.” Minho told him.

“I don’t have a driving license,” Taemin said, “also, I’ll be late. My cousin is getting married tomorrow-if I drove, I’ll be late.”


 

Around four hours later

“Taemin.” Minho called, soft enough, to wake up the sleeping blonde next to him.

He saw Taemin stir in his sleep, but he made no move to actually wake up.

“Taemin, we’re landing.” he tried again.

He shook the boy’s shoulder with his free hand, “Taemin, wake up.”

Finally, Taemin’s eyes fluttered open. He blinked few times to adjust to the light before looking at Minho as if he committed a crime.

“What?” he said, voice raspy.

“We’re landing.”

Minho could feel Taemin’s grip on his hand get tighter and tighter-he was scared.

“Breathe, you’ll be fine.”

 

The two boys walked through the jetway together, and only until then, Taemin realized that they’re still holding hands. But could he complain?

“See, you didn’t die.” Minho teased.

“Shut up.”

Both boys smiled at each other before looking away.

“Minho.” the blonde called a minute later.

“Yes?”

“You can let go now.” he looked at their joined hands.

“I don’t want to.”

 

*

pls comment guys.