One

Don't Love Me

Soojung pulled the door twice to make sure the door was locked. Once again, she was the only one closing. All of her co-workers made excuses to go home right before closing, so they would't have to help clean. Although Soojung worked at a small café, there was a lot to clean for one person.

She checked her cellphone and noticed it was pass midnight.

“It has been a long day.” She sighed.

She went to the bike rail that was a few feet away. She unlocked the chain to her bike and thought it would be better to walk home. She pushed her bike by her side and started calculating how much was going to receive this coming paycheck. 

“It should just be enough for rent.” She counted with her fingers.

Ever since her mother has passed away, Soojung have been living a difficult life. She had to drop out of college to work part time jobs to pay for rent and bills. Not only she has to support herself, but she also have to support her step-dad. Her step-dad is a gamble addict. Soojung knows better to not support a gamble addict, but she haves her own reasons why she needs to.

Out of nowhere, her phone started ringing. She checked the caller-id and saw it was her step-dad. “Hello?” She picked up.

“I need you to come to the Dragon Casino immediately.” He frantically said.

“I am not going. I am going to hang up.” She rolled her eyes.

“Wait!” He yelled.

She lifted the phone back to her ear to listen what excuses he was going to come up with. “What do you want?” She said.

He whispered. “If you don’t come, I will re—“

“Stop.” She cried. “When will you stop using that against me?” She screamed.

“Until the day I die.” He said evilly.

She hung up and rode her bike to the Dragon Casino. She locked her bike against the fence and stared at the casino.

“Why does he want me here?” She whispered.

She slowly walked in and was looking around. Suddenly, she was greeted by a few security guards.

“Are you Soojung? Daeho’s daughter?” They asked.

She nodded.

“Follow us.” They said.

She did what she was told to.

They brought her to a room far deep inside the building.

“Why are you taking me here? Why would Daeho be here?”  She questioned them.

They ignored her question but wondered why she would call her own step-father by his own name.

They brushed their thoughts away and opened the door. They pushed her inside the room and locked her in.

She looked around and saw her step-father tied to the chair with tape across his mouth.

“What happened to you? Who did this to you?” She asked as she ran to help him out.

“You’re dumb for coming here.” She heard a voice behind her.

She turned around and saw the guy who just spoke dressed in suit. “Who are you? Why are you doing this?”

“Do you really not know who I am?” He smirked. “And for your second question; your father owes us $10 billion won and have not paid us a single penny. Do you know how much this casino has lost because of him?” He added.

She looked at her step-father in disbelief.

“What do you want me to do? Why did you call me here for? It’s not like I have $10 billion won that I can magically take out from my pocket!” She screamed at him and her step-father.

“It has already been settled. Your father sold you to me.” He said.

Her eyes widened. “W-w-what did you say?”

He repeated himself again. “Your father sold you to me. You are mine.”

“How could you do this to me?” She screamed at her step-dad.

She started hitting her step-father. “What kind of a heartless bastard are you?” She cried.

The guy who bought her grabbed her from behind. “Stop it. I said stop it.” He screamed.

She struggled in every way to get away from his embrace.

“I am not yours.” She yelled. “Get away from me.” She screamed.

 

The security guards who were guarding outside were messing around with one another until they saw a few familiar figures walking down the hallway.

“It’s master! It’s Mark Tuan. What is he doing here? Shouldn’t he be in China? We have to notify master Kai this instantly.” One of the guards said in panic.

The guards opened the door. “Master.” They screamed.

Kai turned around. “What? Didn’t I say not to disturb?” He yelled.

“Your older brother is here. What are we going to do?” The guards asked Kai.

“He's not my older brother." He whispered in disgust.

 

Mark saw a few security guards in front of the room being suspicious.

“What is going on in there? Why aren’t any of you guarding the front?” Mark asked.

The guards did not reply which made Mark questioned what was happening inside that room.

“Open the door.” He demanded.

But the guards did not move one inch.

“Did you not here me? I said open the door!” He demanded again.

Once again, the guards did not move an inch.

“Open the door.” He told his personal bodyguards who was standing behind him.

His personal bodyguards pushed the security guards away and opened the door.

As soon as Mark stepped inside, Soojung, who was crying on the floor, immediatey ran to him.

“Please help me!” Soojung said as she looked him in the eyes.

"What is happening here? Kai, explain to me this instant." Mark ordered.

Kai smirked. "What do you think I'm doing here? This old man owes this casino $10 billion won and have not paid a single penny. To clear his debt, he sold his daughter to me." Kai walked forward to pull Soojung towards him.

"Get away from me!" Soojung yanked away.

"How much?" Mark asked.

"Excuse me?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is $30 billion won enough for her? Do you want cash or check?" Mark said.

"I'm sorry. I won't be selling her to you. She's not for sell." Kai sniggered.

Mark rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll just take her." He snatched her.

"I offered you money but you denied it. I guess I have no choice but to steal her from you." Mark added as he dragged her out from the room.

"Mark, get back here!" Kai screamed, as he followed him but was blocked by Mark's personal bodyguards.

Kai furiously kicked the wall which left a hole in the wall.

Mark pulled her out to the parking lot.

"What are you going to do with me?" Soojung cried.

"Nothing." He replied.

"Then why did you help me?" She questioned as she wiped her tears away.

Mark opened his mouth to reply but stopped. He didn't know why he wanted to help her. It wasn't like him to get involve with Kai's business. Maybe it was the look Soojung gave to Mark when she asked for help. It was exactly the same look his mother gave to him before she died.

"I don't know either." He ran his finger through his hair.