final

Wrong Timing

 

"Mom, have you ever liked or love somebody but the timing was off?"


    My daughter Taerah asked me one morning while I was arranging the flower on the vase.
    I smiled; this kid. She was my 7 year old daughter.
    Yes, I was a single mom. I worked at my aunt's flower shop to earn a living since my parents kinda disowned me right after knowing I was pregnant with Taerah. 
    It's not an unwanted pregnancy. I honestly wanted it. I really do.
    

    We were in love, we really are. 
    It was a good relationship but sadly, the world isn't a fan of what we have.
    Everyone opposed it, but we took the risk.
    But risking everything is not always a good thing coz I lost most of what I have, well including him in the long run.

    When I was onmy fifth week of pregnancy, he left me.
     He said he'll get married, soon.
    And it wasn't me. It'll never been me.
    He was engaged all those time that we're playing with love's fire.
    And without his knowledge, I carried the consequence of playing with the fire.
    I have to bear my now seven year old intelligent daughter without his knowledge.
    
    Why would I let him know if I knew, nothing would change?
    It was a spur of the moment. I know, coz if it's not he might fight for me but he didn't. 
    
    Oh, whatever! I had the best thing thing life can offer.
    I have my angel in my daughter.

    Being a single parent is hard, being left with a broken heart is hard. 
    But having an angel in Taerah is something I can tell that I bravely face without any remorse.

      "Mommy!"


    I was caught off guard when I heard my daughter called me. I looked at her; combed her naturalcurly hair; kissed her cheeks and said while putting the arranged flower on the shelf;

"What were you saying sweetie?"

    Taerah pouts, the same way as I do and said;

"Did you ever like or love somebody but the timing was off?"
"What's with that question Taerah?"

    My pouting daughter put her chin on her hand and looked outside while telling me;

"I was just curious."
"You're always were."
"You're not answering my question though."

    I sat beside her; watch the people pass by outside the shop and started saying with too much sadness on my voice.
    I guess I have to let her know what happened between me and her father;

"I did."
"I wanna know! Is it with daddy?"

    My eyes widen. How does this little girl knew? Bewildered, Taerah started telling me;

"I overheard granny talking about you and daddy. She says your love story with daddy was all good but time is not ready for both of you."

    I didn't know where I got the courage to speak up regarding the secret I tried to hide from my daughter but I know, sooner or later she'll knew. She had all the right to know. I know I just couldn't keep that secret her whole life. It had to be talked somehow. And I'll start now. 
    It does not matter if she wouldn't understand but I know, eventually she would.

"Mommy did love someone but time is not our friend. And you're right sweetie, it was with your daddy. He was the right one for me but in the wrong place and time. We have you but our love's timing was off."
"And where is daddy?"
"I don't know, I bet he's happy with someone else that had the right timing with him."

    Secretly, I wiped my tears and shoo away my daughter to reminisce the time I have with his father. Those happy times. And yes, he was the right one for me. He really was but timing is not a friend of mine.
    He was the right person but in the wrong place and time.

    "Taemin, please arrange this flower and write a note for Krystal Choi from Minho Choi."

    From the nth time my whole life, my heart broke knowing that everytime he needed flower arrangement for his wife, it was me who was making it. 
    

--jheii
07282015[09:30am-10:40am]

 

 

A/N: badly missed my first love!
drop yer thoughts please  :)