First

She was the one who got away [Sequel to 'To the beautiful girl whose heart I broke in December...']

I sat across the cafe as I heard her voice talking to the cashier. It definitely wasn't the first time she came back, after our short "unexpected" meeting she kept on coming back on my cafe. My cafe? Oh yea, I forgot she doesn't have any idea that I was the owner of the cafe. 

"Okay Miss Jung, would you like to try our new Chocolate Chip Frappe?"

I took a quick, but careful glance at her direction. Jessica. She wouldn't take the new flavor would she? I've known her for 12 years, and I'm pretty confident to say that she is not a big fan of chocolate flavoured drinks. She always loved her coffee brewed. If not, a latte.

"No thank you. I don't really like chocolate flavoured drinks. Can I have the usual? A latte, please."

I smiled to myself in content. I was never wrong when it comes to her. Again, I looked at her direction. She was now paying for her soon to be untouched latte. Ever since our last encounter, she had been coming back here. Ordering her usual lattes whenever she waits on mornings and brewed coffee during her stay here at night. Though she never tries them, she pays for her drinks like any normal customer would. But she wasn't a normal customer; not only to me but also to my staffs. Her stopovers never went unnoticed. One of my staffs finally got the nerve to ask her why she orders but never tastes them. Her answer was simple, though a part of me felt hurt after knowing.

"I was waiting for someone..." 

That was her answer, and she answered her meekly. Gone is the bratty ice princess attitude she used to use to scare people. Maybe she has changed? So... Should I?

Should you what? There goes my unconscious mind.

But really, should I what? There's nothing I could do anyway. I think it has been 2 months when she started coming by. So that makes 2 months of me watching her from a far as she continuously glances over the entrance whenever it chimes indicating a new customer coming in. It has also been 2 months of me seeing her face filled with disappointment whenever it wasn't the person she has been waiting for.

"Yuri-ah." 

I slightly jolted on my seat as I heard my name being called. I turned around to the owner of the voice and greeted him, "Taeyang-oppa." I smiled at him. Youngbae, he's always been my buddy since we were kids. There used to be four of us: youngbae, me, donghae, and jessica. We were childhood friends, and also went on the same high school. Youngbae oppa, doesn't really fancy being called Youngbae so we gave him a nickname: Taeyang. To me, it suited him much better actually. Jessica thinks so too. Donghae on the other hand, had this full time crush on Jessica since we were kids. When we were in high school, he eventually confessed his love for her, only to be turned down because Sica says she's already in love with somebody else. Me. Donghae couldn't really didn't take that so he decided to move to China, leaving me, Youngbae, and Sica in Korea.

He sits in front of me and took a glimpse on the table where Jessica was sitting. "Yuri-ah... Don't you think this is too much?"

I scoffed at him, "Too much?" I my lips and turned down my laptop, "Oppa, it wasn't even half of what she has done to me."

"So is this what its all about? Getting even?"

"Whaa? No!" Its not revenge that I want.

"Then what is this about?" Taeyang's tone was kind. Oppa has always been this gentle to me ever since my heart break with Sica. He was the one who took care of me and stayed by my side when I was breaking down. I'm really grateful to have him... So it wouldn't hurt to be honest with him, right?

"I... I don't want to lose her again."

He was silent. I don't know but I felt like crying. I looked at Jessica one more time, and then at Taeyang. 

Should I?

"Yuri... You can't keep her forever. There'll come a time, where she'll get tired of waiting. You came back for her, didn't you? Now that she's here, aren't you supposed to make most of the minute?"

"I-I don't know if I could still love her. She-She hurt me, really really bad. I- I don't know if I'm still capable of love..."

Taeyang sighs, "But you still do love her, yes?"

I gulped and closed my eyes, "Yes. It has always been her, oppa." it is easier to admit something with eyes closed.

"Then, how about you go talk to her. Ask her anything, and tell her everything. It's never too late Yul. Don't wait for the day that she'd no longer be visiting this cafe of yours. Go, talk to her."

"Okay."

"Cool." Taeyang smiles at me and then stood up and left. Leaving me with a choice.

I should. So, I took all the courage that is left of me, walking to her table. I saw one of my barista preparing her latte and asked.

"Hey, I'll serve her this. Is that okay?"

The barista shruggs, "Of course Miss Kwon."

I smiled sheepishly, I never wanted being called "Miss Kwon". I think it promotes inequality, I'd rather have them call me Yul or Kkabyul than hearing "Miss Kwon". Made a mental note to talk to them later after dealing with this situation.

After a few seconds, Sica's drink was done. I took the drink carefully, and walked up to her table as I placed the drink in front of her.

"Thank y---" 

I heard her gasp. I wanted to put on a straight face, but instead, I smiled.

"Yu...Yuri-ah.."

 

Just as then, as if on cue, the song on the cafe changed.

It was the song "She Was The One" sung by The Vamps.

Perfect.

I pulled out the chair in front of her, and spoke.

 

"Hello, Sooyeon-ah."