Final

Can I Have This Dance?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The sound of your phone ringing filled your room, waking you up in an instant. You groaned and pulled the covers over your head. Today had been a long day and you need all the rest that you can get, but of course whoever was calling you didn't know that. The ringing wouldn't stop so you forced yourself to reach for your phone on your bedside table. Without bothering to look at the caller ID, you answered.

"Hey noona.." Your eyes fluttered open at the familiar voice. The voice belonged to your boyfriend, Hansol. You took a quick glance at your phone screen to check the time, it was already midnight.

"I woke you up, didn't I? I'm sorry."

"It's okay! Don't worry." You tried to sound as awake as possible to reassure him. You two haven't properly talked for awhile so it was more than okay. "What's up?"

"I just missed you a lot and I wanted to hear your voice so badly."

Your lips curled up into a smile, feeling thousands of butterflies swirl in your stomach. The boy sure knows how to make you feel better. "I missed you too, love." You replied as you sat up and leaned against the headboard of your bed.

There was silence on the other line and you sensed something was wrong. 

"Hansol? Talk to me."

You heard him sigh. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your prom. I ruined what's supposed to be a special night for you.."

He sounded so defeated and it hurt you. Yes, it was every girl's dream to have a perfect prom night, but you were different. Prom wasn't important to you, Hansol was. It was enough for you to know that he would have went with you if he could. Being an idol wasn't easy after all, the last thing you wanted was to burden him or disrupt his career.

"But I can make it up to you!" He spoke again. His voice suddenly changed into a cheerful tone. "I can still make this night special for you."

Your heart skipped a beat. "What do you mean?"

"Come out and you'll know."

"W-what? Are you serious? Ya, Hansol! What's going on?"

"Just trust me, noona."

He's not here right now, is he? It's already 1 am, Hansol can't be out this late unless it was work-related, you thought. You had a short internal debate with yourself before getting up and running downstairs. You even missed a step which caused an involuntary shriek out of you. You quickly covered your mouth and looked over to your parents' bedroom. Fortunately, you didn't wake them up. 

You quietly walked to the front door, your heart beating faster and faster with every step. You held the knob and took a deep breath before you opened the door.  

Hansol stood in front of your house, wearing a bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter