BigBang's Naver Starcast

The Truth About BigBang's Naver Starcast

Amongst the chattering of the 4 members, Jiyong suddenly changed the topic. “TOP is still angry,” he said.

Daesung, sensing his hint, asked “Should we call him?”

Seungri looked at Jiyong. “Okay, just do it. Do whatever you like.”

He meant for it to sound as a joke, but is actually exasperated. Jiyong has been missing Seunghyun so much, the members got tired from his whining.

“Has ‘I like TOP’ gone up the search ranking?” Jiyong asked casually, but he didn’t give a damn if it went up or not. Seunghyun hasn’t been answering his call today, and he has been suspiciously close with that female lead in the movie. Jiyong figured that using the show to call was a pretty clever move. He has to pick up for the fans right?

“I think we should wait till it rises up the search ranking,” Taeyang spoke up, trying to stop Jiyong from being so damn obvious.

“It has to be number 1?” Jiyong questions innocently.

“Yes, it needs to be number 1.” Seungri answered him.

“Oh that was the promise? Then we might not be able to listen to his voice tonight?” Daesung asked, secretly hoping that they wouldn’t have to call Seunghyun and listen to Jiyong being a lovesick child.

In an attempt to be optimistic, Seungri said: “If our fans work even harder, we might be able to listen to him.”

“I think our fans don’t really miss him.” Taeyang joked, but sensed Jiyong tensing up beside him.

Well, someone obviously does.

Jiyong remained silent and dialled Seunghyun’s number.

Seungri starts talking about their music video shooting in Jeju Island, while Jiyong clutches his phone tightly, wishing and wishing for Seunghyun to pick up.

He didn’t.

Jiyong, hiding his disappointment, blends into the conversation on how Seungri was all dressed up at a popular train station instead of being inconspicuous during their filming. He then went on about his fascination with the train ticket nowadays.

“Oh! TOP is ranked 4th in the search ranking now,” Jiyong exclaimed suddenly, picking up his phone.

“Please keep on searching so it can reach number 1.” Taeyang said, trying to hint at Jiyong that it’s still not number 1 and he needs to seriously calm his lovesick self.

“He’s not answering his phone,” Jiyong said.

“He probably wouldn’t answer the call now” Taeyang answered, once again hinting.

“Why wouldn’t he answer my call?”

Shut up, Jiyong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s talk about something else,” Seungri said in the midst of their conversation, when Taeyang suddenly said, “‘I like TOP’ is dropping to the 5th place in the search ranking.”

Whew. He’s thankful that the ranking is dropping.

“There’s nothing we can do. We’ll just call him privately.” Jiyong commented casually, secretly very, very disappointed.

“I hope you keep searching ‘I like TOP’,” Seungri told the audience, trying to cheer his Jiyong hyung up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “I think this is the right time to call TOP,” Jiyong said, in the middle of their conversation talking about their individual show.

“Which phone do I use?” Jiyong asked the producers, and let one of the writers call Seunghyun instead of his own. He puts down his phone and clasps his hands.

Please pick up, please pick up… Jiyong prayed silently and ignored Seungri who was talking about the V application and how it can stream their individual show. Jiyong began to zone out when the writer handed him her phone.

“Hyung!”

“Hello,” Seunghyun’s cool, deep voice radiates from the surrounding speakers.

“Hyung, it’s me,” Jiyong said immediately, so thankful and excited that Seunghyun finally picked up.

“Uhh…”

It’s me? Who’s me? Jiyong, duh. Seunghyun could recognise this voice anywhere. But he didn’t know how to respond. The writer just told him they’re filming the countdown for Naver, but Jiyong sounded like how they usually talk privately on the phone.

Jiyong must have noticed the same thing, and tried to pry everyone’s attention away from their almost too affectionate greeting.

“Uh, we’re filming right now. Do you know V app?”

“What’s that?”

“We’ll introduce to you an interesting application called V app. Please explain about V app.” Jiyong said, about to hand the phone to Seungri.

“Is this on air?” Seunghyun asked, just to make sure.

“This is going on air.”

“Hyung, please greet the viewers.” Seungri said,

“Hello. I’m TOP.”

Jiyong laughs a little and cheers. Seunghyun froze, shocked at Jiyong’s little celebration at the other end of the phone. What is this guy trying to do?

Jiyong asked, “Hyung, what are you doing?”

More like what are YOU doing, Seunghyun thought to himself.

“I’m in Japan for a drama filming.”

“How was today’s filming?”

“Today’s filming was fun.”

Jiyong breaks out into a smile and laughs.

Taeyang, irritated by this couple chit chat, asked Seunghyun, “What did you have for dinner? You uploaded a lot of good food. Are you sure you’re filming?”

“I had some free time… I went to eat something delicious and went to do something else.”

Something else? Jiyong’s smile faded. Something else? Like dating the female lead? Like eating with her? Like shopping with her? Like-

“Since my filming schedule is usually packed in a day.”

“Yeah.” Jiyong answered Seunghyun in a bored voice.

Seunghyun began to say something, but Jiyong interrupted quickly, irritated and jealous.

“Since this is an internet broadcast, so we’re also short of time. Since you have to do something funny. Just do your imitation.”

“Imitation?”

“The very popular one,” Daesung chimed in.

“There’s one that you keep doing nowadays,” Jiyong insisted, wanting Seunghyun to do his favourite imitation, the one that only the members knew about the inside joke behind it.

“I’m not very good at that.”

Taeyang, trying to break the awkwardness of the conversation, said: “Just do it. You’re good at that.”

“Hyung, you still have to do it. Do it for us,” Jiyong said, laughing.

[Imitation sounds] (I’m so sorry I have no idea who he was imitating nor what he was saying I tried to search it up online and only had one result apparently he’s saying “I bit my tongue”? Idk man it’s some GTOP joke we don’t know of so yeah let’s just leave it BUT PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU KNOW IT SO I CAN EDIT THIS)

Jiyong started to laugh and grinned a gummy smile while Taeyang sat still, unamused.

“They said they can’t hear it,” Jiyong quickly said, trying to save the awkward atmosphere.

[Imitation sounds]

“We won’t tell them who it is,” Jiyong said smugly, proud of this inside joke that he was sure no one was able to get (even that female lead).

“You can do another person too. The other person,” Taeyang tried to include himself in the conversation and not look so awkward and bored.

“We’ll just leave them wondering who it is,” Seunghyun agreed with Jiyong, completely ignoring Taeyang’s suggestion.

He tried again.

“Do another imitation of another person.”

“There’s 1 million people who searched for ‘I like TOP’,” Jiyong changed the topic, ignoring Taeyang as well.

“Wow.”

Jiyong smiles, “That’s it?”

“Do your ‘You like?’ for them,” Daesung suggested, who finally thought of something relevant to say.

“Please say something to those who searched it,” Jiyong urged Seunghyun on.

[Imitation sounds]

Jiyong laughs again, but feeling awkward as the other 3 members remained silent.

“We’re the only ones laughing,” Jiyong told Seunghyun, before realising that it sounded kind of stupid to say it out loud.

Seungri tried to save the dying atmosphere, “Hyung, please do well with your filming.”

Taeyang and Daesung made eye contact in the midst of this, and Daesung gave a quiet laugh.

Lovesick fools, these two.

“Come back safe and healthy!” Seungri exclaimed, trying to end the conversation, but…

“I can’t really stream since I’m overseas. But I’m looking at the screencaps. What’s that strange doll?”

“I don’t know, they gave it to us,” Jiyong responded defensively. “It keeps being angry. He also kind of looks like a game character.”

“I haven’t been sleeping so I am a bit sensitive,” was the only response Seunghyun could think of.

“Your eyes are big,” Jiyong suddenly said.

“What?”

“Your eyes are really big. Your nose is handsome too.”

“Ah…” Seunghyun trailed off awkwardly. This would have been nice over the phone privately, or them in bed together. But on a live show? Saying things that Jiyong had already told him numerous times.

“Your lip is really pretty.”

Top laughs shyly, thinking about their… More intimate moments.

“Your eyelashes are long too,” Jiyong continued, smiling.

Seunghyun tried to stop Jiyong and changed the topic quickly, “How was tonight’s show? Is it fun?”

“Oh, the show has this kind of feeling.”

“How was the MV? Are you looking forward to it?” he continued, deciding to talk about something more relevant and what the show was actually supposed to be about.

“We’re looking forward to it since we’re releasing it really soon.”

“Ah… [Imitation sounds]

“Right now it feels like we’re being called by the principal. Everyone has become very quiet. Let’s say your last farewell here,” Jiyong decided that this was the right time to end it, before he said anything more to spill their relationship.

“Please give lots of love to ‘Sober’ and ‘If You’. [Imitation sounds]

“Bye~”

“Bye~” Seunghyun replied.

“Bbyong!” Jiyong ended their phone call like how he usually does, in a cutesy manner.

Oh .