Final

Human Contact

Changkyun isn’t a puppy but he might as well be.

 

Although he was the last trainee to be introduced, the youngest still have their duties: it’s to make the older members happy and relaxed - there’s no time to feel awkward over being the newbie. It’s either that or they play the role of the bullied member. In their group’s case, Kihyun is already playing the bullied member just like how he’s also the mother of the group.

 

Changkyun has spent his days as the lovable younger brother of a group before, this isn’t any problem.

 

People did say he’s a bit mysterious because he doesn’t talk much but Changkyun doesn’t think he needs words when all he does is actions. Sometimes goes into someone else’s personal spaces and makes himself comfortable there. It’s because human contact feels so comfortable and no one ever pushes him away. Maybe it’s from the way he bumps his head into another person’s shoulder as a form of affection or the way his words are smooth as he flatters an older member.

 

--

 

“Sometimes I’d think your neck bone is soft and you just always need to lay your head on someone,” Hoseok says to him one day. Changkyun doesn’t know why he’s suddenly mentioning this but they were at the waiting room of Music Bank and Hoseok is warm. So as always, Changkyun unthinkingly drapes himself behind Hoseok as another form of a back hug.

 

Changkyun smiles softly – unaffected by the words. “Using the word ‘neck bone’ sounds weird, hyung,” he replies easily.

 

Hoseok was surprisingly shy with skinship more than people would expect. Changkyun wouldn’t realise this if Minhyuk didn’t complain about it because Hoseok never pushes him away unlike what he does to Minhyuk. Maybe the older didn’t mind his hugs – but no matter what the reason is, Changkyun is just glad he could comfortingly lays his head on the older’s chest when they’re watching movies.

 

 

When they watch back their survival show, Changkyun doesn’t think he’s as serious as the editors made him look. So sometimes he climbs into another member’s bed and flops on top of them. Most of the times it’ll be Kihyun who treats him as a child.

Changkyun’s face is blank but Kihyun knows he’s not being serious when he asks, “do I look that scary?”

Kihyun’s dimples can be seen when he smiles, warm and reassuring. “I don’t think anyone would look scary when they’re currently being a human blanket.” the older replies with a teasing tone as he moves to make himself comfortable whilst being squished between Changkyun and the bed.

 

 

It isn’t like Changkyun thinks much about his actions. He does whatever he wants, honestly. No one minds because he listens to them well.

 

Hyungwon doesn’t look it - but he’s a bit gruff and scary - personality wise. It’s mostly because he would rather sleep than having to deal with the world. But when Changkyun sits beside him on the sofa, Hyungwon doesn’t turn around but raises his hand to pat the younger on the head dotingly. At the feat, Changkyun closes the distance between them and lays his head on the blonde’s shoulder.

 

 

There is a bit of a gap between Changkyun’s age with the rest of the members. He was a bit sad at the fact Yoonho and Seokwon couldn’t be with him because he got along with them really well. But in the end Jooheon is the second youngest and another rapper along with Changkyun himself.

They got along better than expected and Changkyun talks to him more compared to the other members. And maybe it’s because they talk more that Changkyun doesn’t go to Jooheon for a hug nor does Jooheon ask much of the youngest’s help for daily chores.

It wasn’t that they’re uncomfortable with body contact either - because Changkyun still pushes his toe to play with Jooheon’s foot when they sit together and plays with his fingers when the older places it on his lap.

 

 

Minhyuk was the original ‘skinship king' as he would like to call it. Hoseok complains about him more than he needs to and Minhyuk isn’t less of a puppy than Changkyun is. But Minhyuk is loud and bright it overwhelms Changkyun sometimes. So maybe he doesn’t hug Minhyuk’s arm as often as he does to other members because of that. He doesn’t want to offend the older though so he plays it off as if Minhyuk is already too touchy. He doesn’t need anyone cuddlier than himself – as he would say.

No one questions it because it’s Changkyun – everything he does is questionable.

 

 

It’s a given that Hyunwoo is a bit awkward with his feelings. It isn’t that bad though - Changkyun thinks as he hangs off Hyunwoo’s arm when they’re standing side by side. The older is large and strong but he has a soft side. Hyunwoo lets Changkyun do whatever the younger wants and plays along when Changkyun uses Hyunwoo as a personal pillow.

 

They’re busy preparing for their performances that Changkyun gets a bit drowsy over the lack of sleep. He never actually thinks about his actions but right now he doesn’t understand it either. They’re in the waiting room and Hyunwoo was moving his large arm around, blocking Changkyun’s view. Hyunwoo’s arm is right in front of his face and Changkyun opens his mouth, and bites. It should be shocking. Everyone wonders why he’s biting on Hyunwoo’s arm. But no one says anything and Hyunwoo just looks at Changkyun fondly.

 

Changkyun smiles up at him as an apology and lays his head on the older’s shoulder. “Your arm looked meaty,” Changkyun tries to reason.

 

 


 

A/N: Changkyun did literally bite Shownu’s arm lmao it's here