Prologue(?)

Beauty Of The Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was looking out through the window, staring at the gloomy day. Rain was pouring down heavily as the wind blowing strong. She did not even realize that tears were flowing down her cheeks.

“Jihyo?”

A voice called out for her and she did not have to turn around to see the owner of the voice. It was her uncle, Yoo Jaesuk, her mother’s younger brother. The man walked towards Jihyo, carrying two ceramic vases. However, the young lady did not answer her uncle and kept staring at nothing but the gloomy weather outside.

“Jihyo, please don’t be like this,” Jaesuk crouched beside Jihyo and looked at his niece with gloomy eyes like the weather outside. The said girl did not voice a word and kept staring to spaces. Jaesuk diverted his eyes from Jihyo’s face and took her hand gently which was rested on her lap earlier.  “Jihyo,” he called softly. “I promised to your mom that I’ll protect you no matter what happen. So, please don’t be like this or you’ll make your parents feel sad. You still have me and Jongkook.”

Jihyo stared down to face her uncle with a unreadable expression. She knew even though her parents left her, she still had both her uncles who readily sacrifice themselves for her life. She knew that, but she was just too depressed to even say the two words of gratitude. “Thank you.” She thought while looking at Jaesuk with her dark brown orbs.

Again, Jaesuk averted his eyes when he felt that tears started to form while he looked at Jihyo’s lifeless face. He let go of Jihyo’s hand, then he lifted up the two ceramic vases and placed them on Jihyo’s lap. He heaved a sigh. A sad one.

“Whenever you’re ready, dear.”

With that, he left Jihyo alone in the room. He closed the door behind him heavy-heartedly and he turned around when he heard his wife was calling him. She gave a small smile to give the message to her husband that she would always be by his side. That he still had her. Jaesuk leaned forward and gave his wife a peck on the forehead and they hug each other to feel the warmth that they need.

 

 

Jihyo stared quietly at the two vases on her lap. Tears could not come out anymore as she has been crying since the day that tragedy happened. The day, she lost her parents. Yes, Song Jihyo’s parents were dead. They died in a tragic accident which leads them to lost their life and Jihyo, lost her ability to walk. It was a dreadful accident, that was what she and the others thought. It was all an accident.

Suddenly, that memory came up again where she was trapped inside her bedroom; she knew she could not make it as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter