Steal My Girl

Steal My Girl

With eyes still half closed body covered by a blanket, the girl stirred a bit when she heard the meowing sound of her dearest cat somewhere in the room. This pet she named ‘Sogeum’ did not usually make a lot of sounds, so she immediately jumped out of the bed in panic, knowing that she must have woken up late and now the cat was dying of hunger. The first thing her eyes searched for was the clock and those same eyes widened after she saw the time.

“Sogeumi! I am so sowry... You must be starving right now” She sent her apology to the animal in a cute tone before getting up to hold Sogeum.

“Don’t worry, I took care of her while you were in your beauty sleep” A voice coming from behind her caught Sunny’s attention.

“What did you feed her?” Sunny squatted to pat the cat; it somehow lit up a small fire of jealousy in the other girl’s heart.

“The usual pet food you put in the kitchen” Taeyeon mimicked Sunny’s position, and gave a on Sogeum’s head.

“Aigoo” Sunny stood up, carrying the white animal on her arms. “I told you many times that she should be fed with meat and natural ingredients in the morning”

“Well I didn’t know and you should be thankful that at least she’s still breathing right now”

The younger between the two walked to the kitchen after letting out a small sigh. The other could only follow her behind with a trace of disappointment on her face; first, she did not get her lover’s attention because she gave it to an animal instead and, second, Sunny thought that she was not doing a good job in helping her with the cat.

“You know, I actually wonder if you still want to spend some time with me even during our days off” Taeyeon finally spoke out her intention. 

“What makes you wonder? Do I look like I don’t want to spend anymore time with you?” The latter answered as she put the fresh fish meat on Sogeum’s plate.

“You sort of do – with all this pet grooming and all” Taeyeon replied; her raised tone made Sunny’s eyes fixated at hers. “You are barely free, and this is the first time after a while that you have taken days off from DJ-ing”

Spotting the sign of disappointment in her girlfriend’s voice, Sunny finally left the cat and faced her lover. She put her palms on Taeyeon’s cheeks before rubbing it like she always did. She smiled when she saw the other’s pouting face.

“Of course I still want to spend some time with you. Why do you think I am taking the holiday? It is all for you – for us, before we finally get busy with promotions again”

The answer carved a smile on Taeyeon’s face. She used her both hands to hold Sunny’s and then stared into her eyes.

“You want to go on a date today?” The now-blonde girl asked.

Not even opening up , the girl with the shorter hair nodded and beamed her eye-smile.

“I’ll take my bread and milk and get my shower first then” She continued.

Taeyeon watched her partner stepping away to the kitchen. Her lips turned up at the good response for her invitation.

“Now she hasn’t given me that one thing today” She mumbled mentally.

 

***

Taeyeon reared up the engine of her Mercedes as Sunny entered the car and filled it with the vanilla scent of her shampoo. The scent soon got into the girl group leader’s nose, and the girl had to admit that she loved this scent to the point where she wished she could use it as her car’s air freshener so she would always feel like Soonkyu was next to her.

“Have you prepared Sogeum’s meal and all?” She reassured while putting her hands on the steering wheel.

“I have. Where are we going?”

“Are you hungry? Wanna get some lunch first? It’s lunch time already”

“Hmmm” Soonkyu rolled her eyes. “Burgers at the drive-thru? As usual?”

The other girl chuckled at the rhetorical question. “Like we have any other option”

It was such an unfortunate fact that every time they did this – going on a date – they would either have to pack their own lunch boxes or buy something from the restaurant’s drive-thru. The risk of dating as idols, they knew, but sometimes they still wished they could comfortably have a lunch date at a restaurant without eyes on them.

The one driving the car stepped on the gas pedal, not wanting to waste time. Just when they were about to exit the parking lot, a glimpse of somebody unfamiliar peeking from behind a car in the area caught Sunny’s attention. She already expected that taking some holidays from her schedules would invite the suspicions of the media. Probably, they wished to capture her going on dates so they could publish them and got a lot of money, just like what they did with her girlfriend’s fake scandal with a boy from another group.

She turned her head to check and was shocked to figure that her gut was right. The stalkers from those media who followed her around were not always the same guys every time, but she remembered this one particular face.

“Taengoo, it’s the guy from that Dispatch media”

 “Huh!?” Hearing that, Taeyeon speeded up soon after the car went out of the lot. She was well-known for her driving skills so deceiving the stalkers was not a really tough job for her.

“But why do we need to run away?” Her girlfriend next to her asked with her head checking the back side of the car. “We both are fellow members, so it’s not weird if we go somewhere together”

“Are you really that innocent, Soonkyu?”

“What do you mean?”

Taeyeon chuckled again as she raised the speed of the car. “You still think they will not take our pictures if they spot us doing our private stuffs?”

The answer shut Sunny up as the car went fast and furiously.

 

***

 

After what seemed like a car-racing event rather than a ride for Soonkyu, they finally arrived at the fast-food drive-thru gate. She rubbed her temple with her thumb after getting a little headache due to the motions she just went through. After checking her left and right, front and back, she was convinced that nobody was spying on them again.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah” Sunny nodded slightly. “I still can’t comprehend how you can trick those peeps so easily”

“It’s not ‘easily’. I’ve gotten used to it after a hundred times of doing it” The slightly taller girl smiled. “Now let’s forget about the annoyance and tell me what you want for the meal”

“Just chicken burger as usual”

Taeyeon put on her snapback and sunglasses before opening the Mercedes’ window. By the time the car was in front of the counter, she had had her hair tucked behind the cap, ready for a disguise.

“I think we can never have Joohyun in our dates if we don’t want to get scolded for this” Sunny jokingly commented after she got her pack of burger and cola in her hands.

“That girl has got over her healthy lifestyle obsession by now, I guess” Taeyeon put her own pack of burger, fries and cola on the cabin. “She had two cheeseburgers in two consecutive days during our TTS promotion”

“Whoa” Sunny’s jaw almost dropped at the information. “It’s a progress! It’s a progress!”

Taeyeon grinned at her lover’s cute response, and use her right hand to pat Sunny’s head. “Now let’s stop talking about others and focus on us. Where do you think we should bring this? Wait, don’t tell me you’re going to save it for Sogeum instead”

“You think?” Sunny pinched her on the waist, to which the latter responded with laughter.

“Well who knows” Taeyeon shrugged.

After spending some time trying to get a good spot for resting, they finally spotted a children’s park near the area. It seemed to be empty and quiet, so the older in the couple stopped the car in front of the wired fence. Hungry after the hide-and-seek ride, the girls grabbed their own food and started munching without hesitation.

“Taengoo-yah, what burger is that?”

“The beef one” Without even having to ask, she brought her own burger to Sunny’s mouth, like she knew Sunny completely. Just like what she predicted, the other girl took a bite right away.

Likewise, without having to make an offer, Soonkyu brought hers to Taeyeon’s mouth and let Taeyeon taste some of it. The blonde girl chewed as she watched Sunny’s eyes – which were still fixed on her – with eyes full of love. These are the little things that she loved from going on dates with Soonkyu. They might not have great dates in the amusement park or eating in a high-class restaurant, but Taeyeon was still happy just by being in a quiet place, with Sunny knowing every bit of her and her watching every single of Sunny’s movement.

“Can I have some of your fries too?” This time Sunny had to ask, since the fries were still inside the plastic bag and Taeyeon had to take it out for her.

Being a dork as she had always been, the Pisces girl got a sudden light-bulb moment. She grabbed one of those fries and put its tip on , using her teeth to hold it in between. She then threw a grin at her girlfriend.

“Ye gette tek it frem meh” She told with struggle, since her teeth were all clenched together.

Knowing Taeyeon’s intention, Sunny smirked and decided to play along. She leaned her lips closer to the other tip of the food before using the said lips to bite it slowly while closing her eyes on the way. Her tongue was not actually focused on the taste of the food at all, but on something else. She took in the long food slowly and slowly, until her lips and Taeyeon’s were only a few inches away. Just when Taeyeon wanted to make use of the moment to capture the y mouth in front of her, a sound rang in Sunny’s pocket. Sunny opened her eyes and used her teeth to cut her part of the fried thing before pulling out her phone.

“Hello? Oh, Yuri-ah?”

Taeyeon lost her bright expression once she heard the mentioned name. She decided to look away outside the window while waiting for the other girl’s conversation on the gadget to stop.

“I am out with Taengoo. Why? Huh? You were about to ask me to go with you to the cinema?”

This time, Taeyeon could hear Sunny giving her precious cute laughter to the other member of GG, and she had to admit she got jealous because of it.

“I’ll go with you tomorrow if you still want to. Oh, and we can ask the others to join us. Alright then, bye Yuri-ah”

“So Yuri wanted to steal you huh?” Pretending like she was okay, the girl who sat on the driver seat took another bite of her fries.

“What do you mean by ‘steal you’? She didn’t know that we had a plan today”

“Yeah, sure. Maybe she doesn’t even know we’re girlfriends” Taeyeon mocked sarcastically inside her heart, not daring to say it out loud somehow.

“C’mon finish your fries soon. I want to play in the park” Sunny brought her back to reality, pointing at the swing in the middle of the area.

Even though she was still terribly annoyed by the fact that her kiss got ruined – and that Sunny did not even seem to remember that they were about to kiss – Taeyeon nodded and finished her meal not long after that. After making sure that the park was still free of people, the couple got off the car and approached the swing.

“Guess how long it has been since the last time I played it!” Sitting on the swing, Sunny’s expression brightened up a lot. “Taengoo, push it for me!”

Being a whipped girlfriend of Lee Soonkyu, Taeyeon obeyed right away. She began swinging the ride; she started slowly and then went stronger through every push. She got this small heart attacks from Sunny’s laughter every time she pushed, and she was joyful enough just by hearing it.

The sun shone the hottest by the time Sunny got bored of all the rides they tried – the swing, the slide, the fake pony ride, and everything else. Finding a quite big tree, Sunny dragged her tired legs there and leaned herself on the big stem, followed by Taengoo. The thick leaves above covered them from the sun as they let out heavy breaths, tired from playing around like little kiddos.

Sunny took a quick look at her girlfriend who was sitting on her left side, and noticed the sweats dropping from her forehead going all the way down to her neck and shoulder. She then put her hand on Taeyeon’s back, rubbing it slowly.

“You’re sweating a lot”

“I know”

“And your face got burnt”

“I know that, too”

“Just take some rest here. You might want to dry yourself first. We can’t let you go on with this smelly, sweaty body right?”

“Yah” Taeyeon was about to protest, but after noticing that this under-the-tree spot might be suitable to continue her kiss, she stayed silent.

Not a long time after, even before she got the chance to get a close proximity with the other woman, Sunny had taken out her phone again. Taeyeon let Sunny get busy with her fingers on the screen until she realized that her girlfriend was still typing until several minutes later.

She decided to be patient and waited a bit longer, but even after she drank her bottle of water and enjoyed the view, Soonkyu’s attention did not divert at all. Getting curious of who’s making her lover lose focus this time, the older shorty attempted to have a glance on the phone screen.

Spotting Taeyeon’s reflection on the rather-dark screen, Sunny turned around and their eyes met. Like she knew what the other had wanted to ask, Sunny smiled right away.

“It was just from Chorong. I got her number from a staff on FM Date yesterday. We’re planning for a broadcast where I can call her and talk”

“Just Chorong?” That’s all that came out of Taeyeon’s mouth. She actually wanted to say ‘just Chorong? She has been stealing your attention for more than 15 minutes!’ But she didn’t. So she stood up and stepped away. “Let’s just go home. I am tired already”

Confused by the slightly taller danshin, Sunny stood up immediately too and tailed behind. Taeyeon had already been in the car by the time Sunny realized what Taeyeon felt. After getting inside the car, the one driving refused to look at the person next to her and just started the engine once again.

“Are you angry?”

The question Sunny uttered did not get any response, so the girl tried putting her hand on Taeyeon’s thigh. “Taengoo-yah…”

Taeyeon finally poured out her thoughts after a matter of seconds. “It has always been like this”

Sunny furrowed her eyebrows. “Like this how?”

“Whenever we go on a date, there must always be someone or something who wants your attention” Taeyeon put her arms on the steering wheel and rested her head there. “Today has been like that as well. In the morning, there was Sogeum, then there was Yuri when I was about to get a kiss from you, then now Chorong. Not to mention that Dispatch guy had to drain some of my energy when I could actually talk about a lot of stuffs with you during our way to the drive-thru. I know I sound selfish, but I am also aware that I cannot get a lot of chances with you to go on dates like normal couples do, that’s why… That’s why I only want full attention from you whenever we have the time”

The trail of disappointment was obvious in Taeyeon’s voice and Sunny could clearly catch that. Feeling guilty of not giving the attention her girlfriend had wanted, she pulled Taeyeon by the cheeks and showered her with love stares before locking their lips. Not even bothering that the park had started to get more crowded since the children were out to play, Sunny deepened the kiss and let it go on for a while.

They finally broke the kisses after they realized they needed to catch up with their breaths. Soonkyu’s hands were still on Taeyeon’s cheeks and their eyes were still glued to each other. This time, it was Sunny who got an idea on how to make up for her mistakes.

“Let’s go somewhere”

“Okay?” Taeyeon was surprised by the sudden offer, but was still up for anything as long it was with Soonkyu.

“But with one condition – I drive and you cannot ask anything on the way”

“Wha– Why?”

“Just agree with it or we’re going home”

“Now you’re threatening me!” Taeyeon snorted. “Well okay then”

In order to get a complete round of date with Sunny, Taeyeon kept her promise. She was wondering where the girl who took over the steering wheel now would bring her as they passed the streets. The trip had almost taken them one hour already by the time they arrived on an area full of sands.  

The vehicle finally stopped at one parking spot. The engine’s sound had died down too so Taeyeon could slowly hear the sound that seemed to be far yet so near. Sunny’s eyes moved to the curious girl beside her; she showed her a big grin. “We’re hereee!”

“The beach?” Taeyeon said in amazement.

“Yeah” Sunny then opened her door. “C’mon, we cannot waste time”

They had a quick look around and noticed that there were not so many people. The only ones they saw seemed to be a cleaning staff of the beach – which was an ahjumma – and several lifeguards who were sipping coffee and having chit-chat at the rest area. Sunny smirked in victory when she realized her feeling was right; it was not a public holiday so the beach was as quiet as a mouse.

The two shorties stepped again approaching the water. Sunny took off her shoes and lifted her two arms up in the sky.

“It feels sooo niceeee!” She shouted. “What do you think, Taengoo?”

Taeyeon stood frozen still behind her, still not believing the fact that Soonkyu drove all the way here just to get them even a quieter place. The peaceful breeze and the beautiful reflection of the sun on the water touched her even more. Overwhelmed by the situation, Taeyeon could only move her arms around the slightly shorter’s waist and kept it firm there. She brought her chin to Sunny’s shoulder and let the other feel the warmth of her breath.

“Thank you” She softly whispered. “I really like it. Thank you for driving us here”

Sunny held the hands that were on her stomach and felt Taeyeon’s warmth radiating through her. “You’re welcome. I also want you to know that, in my busy schedules I have always been longing to do this with you. I, too, want my time with you – where there are only you and me and where we can think we are just a normal couple who are enjoying our dates. Please don’t think that I am letting anyone steal me again, okay?”

Even though she did not turn back to look, she knew Taeyeon was answering with a nod.

They were then walking along the seashore, enjoying the beautiful sunset and the sound of the curling waves, when Soonkyu suddenly stopped. Surprising her partner, she pulled Taeyeon’s hand and dragged her to the ground so she was now lying on the sand and Taeyeon was on top of her.

Sunny traced her fingers along Taeyeon’s face, savoring her beauty under the light of the setting sun. Taeyeon was not in a different condition; she was captivated by every single thing on Sunny’s face – her thick eyebrows, her small eyes, her pointy nose and her y curved lips.

“Now that we’re here and nobody’s around” Sunny commented after long minutes of watching each other. “You can have my full attention and you can throw my phone to the sea if I get distracted by it”

“Are you sure?” Taeyeon giggled. “Even if it’s your family who calls you?”

“…Then that’s a different case”

“I was kidding, silly” The one on the top laughed again, and once again stared at the girl who was now locked under her. “Nobody can steal my girl now”

That’s all she said before she caught Lee Soonkyu’s lips again and locked her arms under herself, making sure nobody could interrupt their full make-out session