final

It Was Only A Kiss

Jimin isn't completely sure how he got here. One minute, he's out getting drinks with Hoseok by the bar. The next there's talk about spin the bottle and Taehyung's hand is tight on his wrist. And now Jimin is sat next to Namjoon. Nervousness sets in his stomach as Seokjin blances (what's most likely his second empty) bottle of Soju in the empty space between him and Taehyung.

"Who's starting?" Jimin asks, eyeing everyone in the circle.
"I'll go" Namjoon offers reaching for the bottle and sending it spinning with a quick flick or his fingers. Jimin sits back and watches the way Taehyung gets up to his knees trying to get a better view. Jimin smiles to himself and Taehyung sits back down when the bottle finally lands on a dark haired girl.

"Alright, alright, who's next?" Seokjin intrudes taking the bottle from Namjoon (who is still wrapped up in smiling at the embarrassed girl)'s grip. "me" Taehyung volunteers and soon the bottle is in his hands. Jimin shifts to so he's sat on his knees. He's surprised, shocked almost, at Taehyung's sudden urge to become involved. he thinks.

Taehyung sets the bottle down. Tapping it once or twice making sure it's perfectly balanced. And Jimin acts as if he's noticed something strange on the floor and not admiring Taehyung's hands. That are much larger than his. Yet gentle, Jimin can recall from every and light push he's received from Taehyung.

Taehyung abruptly flicks his wrist, sending the spinning. Jimin leans in closer, basically on the edge of his seat. And he tells himself he's doing this not because he cares who Taehyung kisses, but because he's genuinely curious.

Although, he knows that's not true. Yeah he's thought about kissing Taehyung, a lot. So much so that things have gone from reasonable curiosity to actual feelings set and developed. And maybe he's quietly hoping that bottle lands on him so he doesn't return to the dorm with a deep feeling of envy. But he also knows that if the bottle does land on him things aren't going to workout so perfectly.

Jimin watches the bottle with wide eyes as the bottle slows to a stop. He just stares at the bottleneck pointed straight at him. Maybe for to long Jimin realizes as Namjoon deliveres a sharp elbow in his side. Jimin snaps out of his thoughts and smiles shyly at Namjoon. He takes a breath before looking up at Taehyung. And Jimin swears he's never been this intimidated by his own best friend.

Jimin scoots closer letting out a short laugh, before leaning in. 'Just a small peck' he reminds himself. Because even though he adores Kim Taehyung for all he is, they're still best friends. Just friends. And he's not about to make things awkward being selfish over something like a clichè high school crush.

Taehyung's lips ghost his for a second. As if he's still hesitant about whether or not they should do this. But Jimin guesses he's made up his mind by the time their lips meet.

Taehyung's lips are soft Jimin notices. And it's not very long till Jimin finds himself lost in Taehyung's kiss. He sighs lightly against latter's lips bring his hands from his sides to rest on Taehyung's shoulders. Taehyung deepens the kiss with a hand at the back of Jimin's neck, drawing them closer together.

Faint cheers ring from around the circle. And Jimin almost pulls away. Since he's not one to do something like this in public. But he decides he doesn't care how many people are in the room; because right now feels like him and Taehyung are the two there.


"You guys can calm down now" Jimin hears behind him and he can feel Taehyung begin to pull away. Jimin sits back on his heels, breathless. He guesses his lips must be swollen and pink by the way Taehyung smirks at him. But he continues to stare, trying to figure out what just happened.

"Alright, who's next?" Namjoon asks clasping a hand on Jimin's shoulder before jerking him back. Snapping him out of his thoughts. Jimin sends him a glare before standing. "Where are you going now?" Seokjin questions from his spot on the floor. And Jimin can already feel eyes on him. "I uhh I feel a bit sick I'm going to see if I can get a ride home." Jimin explains "Don't worry about me" He adds a smile hoping that's enough for him to get away free.

Seokjin nods before turning his attention back to the game in front of him. And Jimin is taking off in the other direction. He almost feels guilty, but he's not entirely lying about feeling sick. He already knows it'll be hell if their manager finds out.

Jimin tries to think of why he even thought that game was a good idea. Until he realizes it's Taehyung. Taehyung, the one that makes him think twice about these kinds of things. Taehyung, the one Jimin can't seem to say no to. Taehyung, the one that's too caught up in nothing to turn around and notice the way Jimin is looking at him with adoration in his eyes. And god, Jimin feels like a joke for thinking about someone in a way they wouldn't think of him.

The cold air hits Jimin's fave as soon as he steps out of the club. And it's noticeably darker than before. But the lights of the taxicab stand and many taxis are still glowing bright. "Jimin!" Calls a voice that Jimin knows all too well. Jimin takes a breath then looking over his shoulder.

-

Jimin thanks the taxi driver before making his way over to the dorm door. He hears footsteps behind him by the time he unlocks the door and he knows Taehyung is close on his heels. Jimin swings the door open before walking inside. "Jimin,wait" Taehyung calls. Jimin stops in his tracks. The younger catches up and leans against the wall. His hand resting just over Jimin's head.

"I'm sorry about the club." Taehyung begins concern written in his voice. "But Jimin, I really like you". With that Jimin's heart is racing. They're only inches apart. And it's what jimin wants but he's not ready to give in. "I know. " he states simply. "I like Yoongi, Seokjin and Hoseok. So do you. " Jimin looks up at Taehyung while he shakes his head.
"You know what I mean. It's not like that."
"Prove it."